IGNORED

Dark Souls - Prepare To Die... You Died.

The Sarge

My mate showed me an absolute game-changing glitch in this last night that can get you a million souls in 5 minutes. It's so tempting but I know it's a massive exploit and would make me feel like a complete wuss for doing it after all the work I've put in to only just get out of Blight Town.

Is that the infamous Dragon Head Glitch I've heard about? Seriously cannot see the point myself but horses for courses and all that. I think it's been included in the upcoming patch to be fixed so if people want to earn stacks of cash for no effort then you'd better hurry.

Advice for Ornstein/Smough pls? I'm getting slaughtered except for that one time where I summoned the NPC to help but then I couldn't work out how to effectively damage the fat one and got one-shotted by his arse.

My character:

about SL45 and been doing pretty well up to this point with magic halberd +5, pyromancy flame +4 or thereabouts, silver knight shield and black leather armour so I'm under 25% load. I don't have enough pyro-projectile spells to kill either of them I don't think and if I go in close to use Combustion I tend to die quickly. Also I think I killed an NPC who could've taught me better pyro spells. Gah. And lightning attacks just annihilate me so even when I jammily got rid of Ornstein that time and could easily keep away from Smough I had to go in to do damage and got beasted.

They're assholes, don't feel bad about being stomped by them. If you want to cheese it, stock up on arrows, kill Smough, then hide behind a pillar. Ornstein'll throw tons of lightning at you and you can nip in and out sniping him.

For super Ornstein, stay in close. If you see him lightning up his spear, roll towards him and under his legs. Joining the chaos covenant near Quelaag's domain (in it, really) will get you four shots of a great fireball spell, use iron flesh if you can and slap him with that a few times.

Above all, +10 Estus flask. You're bound to get hit from an Ornstein you can't even see while focussing on Smough as he can go clean through the fat bugger. As for Smough, dodging sideways is usually pretty easy - if he bum rushes you with the hammer, block and back off. I've never managed to dodge that attack, only block it.

Not sure if you're rocking the black leather armour all the time or just for bosses, but I'd experiment with Poise if you've been going low armour all this time. It's incredibly handy.

My mate showed me an absolute game-changing glitch in this last night that can get you a million souls in 5 minutes. It's so tempting but I know it's a massive exploit and would make me feel like a complete wuss for doing it after all the work I've put in to only just get out of Blight Town.

I saw the online shade of some guy doing that at a bonfire. He was still there when I came back two hours later.

Good stuff, cheers. I did join that covenant but I'm always in two minds about using that spell as it takes two of me three attunement slots. Bit of experimenting and/or grinding required maybe.

What does poise do? I've been using light armour for most of the game as once you get used to the ease of movement it's hard to give up but I've picked up a few nice sets of heavier stuff in Anor Londo.

Poise stops you from being interrupted while performing actions. The more you have, the heavier hits you can shrug off.

Tired of having your own strikes stopped dead by a tiny slash, or getting knocked out of your flask drinking animation by a harsh look? Poise is for you.

To sum up, poise is great. It means that the heavy armours in this game serve an actual purpose, unlike in Demon's souls where everything you could wear felt like it was made out of paper regardless. My advice for your everyday outfit is to get Havel's ring equipped, then mix and match that armour with the gold-hemmed set to keep yourself just under 50% burden. You're still moving fast, you've decent protection and only massive enemies will stagger you.

Woaft! I'll give it a few goes at under 50% load when I get back to it tomorrow, I notice some of the heavier stuff I have is a lot more useful against lightning too.

Also I have just discovered the enemies I run past on the way there can hit me through the fog gate, it's been a real evening of learning on Dark Souls tonight.

the gold-hemmed set to keep yourself just under 50% burden

Argh. I know where this is (every time I beat a boss I check out that speedrun video to see how easily he did it and I noticed he makes a beeline for it after the second bell) but I didn't go for it at the time and now it's miles away. I'm thinking I should maybe go back to Firelink and level up my pyromancy anyway though, might as well make a day trip of it if I do.

Ive been cooping all night in anor londo. First time summones i was in a guys world where he mustve

killed gwenivere

as he kept getting invaded by blue phantoms. Ive done bugger all PVP so was happy to find i could actually kill a few of them! Got 2 of them with backstabs which were one hit kills, so that felt a bit badass!

Just been doing regular coop now helping people beat the chuckle brothers. Have amassed over 300000 souls so far :blink:

At the moment i keep getting summoend by some dude who keeps leeroy jenkinsing against them and has now died about 3 or 4 times :facepalm:

Aaaaaand he just fell off the stairs where the archer is before the fog gate and died. This is like cooping with Benny Hill

At the moment i keep getting summoend by some dude who keeps leeroy jenkinsing against them and has now died about 3 or 4 times :facepalm:

Aaaaaand he just fell off the stairs where the archer is before the fog gate and died. This is like cooping with Benny Hill

:lol:

I'm gonna have to go and kill Gwyn cause I turned the lights off in Anor Londo and it sucks.

Also sick of the fucking Ladyboy fucking up my shit.

Lost Isalith >_<

I am in the lava room with all the big dinosaurs. Do they respawn? I have managed to nail a few of them, more by luck than anything, because the slowdown is absolutely dreadful.

Is it better to just go and farm 30 humanity and open up the shortcut? Im trying to get the maggot helmet so tomb of the giants is a bit less annoying.

No, the Dino-feet don't respawn, thank fuck! You don't need to take em all out. Just 4-5 so you can drop off the ledge and leg it towards the first building. Once inside, kill the 2 outside that you aggro'd. Then kill 2-3 so you can bee-line straight to the next building. Whack the wall for the doorway - it's on the same face as the previous building. Once you're there, you have a bonfire and a little respite. Then kill 3 or so right outside, and there is a hollowed out rock walkway, which kinda looks like a bus. lol! That's your path and exit out. Phew!

Second run i did the Covenant requirement for the shortcut, and it felt sooooooo good!

Bit of a frivolous question, but does anyone know the correct Physique to match Siegmeyer in Catarina armour? It looks much too big on the 'Large' and 'Large Upper Body' Physiques, and I don't have any Average, Slim or Very Slim characters to try it on.

Oh, and anyone hankering after the patch can amuse themselves with these updated damage calculators in the meantime.

Bit of a frivolous question, but does anyone know the correct Physique to match Siegmeyer in Catarina armour? It looks much too big on the 'Large' and 'Large Upper Body' Physiques, and I don't have any Average, Slim or Very Slim characters to try it on.

I just tried it on my Very Slim Female and it looks about right when comparing it to the pic of him in the Guide. I don't have that armour set on my Average Male, so can't check.

Decided to go back and explore cleared areas and level up rather than frustrate myself Anor Londo for now, not a bad day. Got the lovely light armour I'd had recommended yesterday, beat that boss, saw what was below him, shat it and bolted, and made myself a furious sword (+2). I have a problem though - no pyro trainer.

The first one you meet (in The Depths, was it?) who goes back to Firelink is now gone. I looked this up on the wiki and saw there should be one in the Blighttown swamp but she's not there. Someone had left a "Merchant" message right where I expected to find her so I was looking in the right bit. I think the egg-bound fellow in Quelaag's Domain just before the bonfire can also upgrade my Flame but I've basically killed him. Anyone else had this or have I ruined everything?

That's all four of the main boss souls done, path to the last boss is open. The only thing I want to do now is buy some of the armour sets the welshman has, and use Smough's soul before I pay Lord Gwyn a visit.

I'm a bit scared.

Seathe was a bit of a gay, despite killing him purely by hacking his tail, it didn't break and give me whatever weapon you're supposed to get from it :(

That's all four of the main boss souls done, path to the last boss is open. The only thing I want to do now is buy some of the armour sets the welshman has, and use Smough's soul before I pay Lord Gwyn a visit.

I'm a bit scared.

Seathe was a bit of a gay, despite killing him purely by hacking his tail, it didn't break and give me whatever weapon you're supposed to get from it :(

I've fought him 3 times and still no luck. :(

Decided to go back and explore cleared areas and level up rather than frustrate myself Anor Londo for now, not a bad day. Got the lovely light armour I'd had recommended yesterday, beat that boss, saw what was below him, shat it and bolted, and made myself a furious sword (+2). I have a problem though - no pyro trainer.

The first one you meet (in The Depths, was it?) who goes back to Firelink is now gone. I looked this up on the wiki and saw there should be one in the Blighttown swamp but she's not there. Someone had left a "Merchant" message right where I expected to find her so I was looking in the right bit. I think the egg-bound fellow in Quelaag's Domain just before the bonfire can also upgrade my Flame but I've basically killed him. Anyone else had this or have I ruined everything?

'basically'...? Is he hostile, or dead? If he's just hostile, you can go get your sins absolved from that dude at the church near where you rang the first bell.

As for that merchant, I think you need to visit Lost Izalith first, though I may be wrong. There's a small storyline arc connecting them both.

Polmon - unlike other tails, you have to attack the tip. You can kill him from attacking the base of his tail before it'll sever itself off.