IGNORED

Dark Souls - Prepare To Die... You Died.

The Sarge

On another note, I want to be summoned to another person's game. I've scribbled on the floor with the my white rock to no avail a number of times. Why am I not being requested?

It depends where you're placing it, and what level you are. Only people close to your level will see it, and if it's not close to a boss or anything then it'll probably be ignored. You can try dropping it, leaving it 30 seconds, then dropping it again. That will move you to another sever, where there could be somebody waiting around. Or it could just be that your level doesn't really match the area you're in, in which case it'll be harder to find people to play with.

On another note, I want to be summoned to another person's game. I've scribbled on the floor with the my white rock to no avail a number of times. Why am I not being requested?

What level are you? At L32-ish from the Blighttown swamp bonfire & while waiting I usually just went on a Leech run, never finished one before getting summoned.

Thanks for the heads up Theo.

Not a problem good sir, the open world is great but it does mean you can get lost way more easily. It's a big, expansive world ripe for the exploring.

On a slightly different note, I was being summoned to help in the Quelaag fight left, right and centre not so long ago down by the Blighttown bonfire. However, after joining Solaire's Covenant I've not had a single summon. I'm unsure if this is because I've picked up the Lordvessel, joined that Covenant (which is meant to be based around helping others) or if there's just been less active players during the times I've tried to help out since. I haven't levelled up in a while, so I'm still level 35... pretty much the same as when I first got down there.

AAAAAAAAAGH! Die Gwyn you bastard!

I suppose it's nice getting an absolute shitload of different Titanites but please please just tell me that I'll kill new game+ Gwyn soon.

All I wanna do is get to NG++ Darkroot to level up my Int so that I can just bowl round Lordran with Homing Crystal Soulmass ruining everyones day.

:(

Back to it I suppose.

So! Five playthroughs in and I just found the Avelyn for the first time.

Wonder what else I've missed?

Ha, I thought I just recognised the name! I pretty much lurk here, but thanks for the help killing Quelaag. Five times through?! No wonder your attacks did so much more than mine! What soul level are you?

What level are you? At L32-ish from the Blighttown swamp bonfire & while waiting I usually just went on a Leech run, never finished one before getting summoned.

I'm now about 40 having had a massive grinding session in the DarkRoot Gardens. But at the time I was sub 35.

Where were you putting your mark? I tried both by the fog door and by the bonfire to no avail.

Just had a bit of an epic meltdown fighting Nito in NG+. Motherfucker just slapped me silly over and over, most of the time before i could do so much as attack once. I was getting pissed considering i beat him on my very first try in my first game. Ended up just screaming FUUUUUCK YOUUUUUU at the TV, then having one of those spasmoid embolisms you get you jsut bark out words angrily that dont make any sense, like 'AH FOR FUCK DONT FUCK THAT THING THE FUCK' when fighting the pinwheels before the boss area and the camera would consistently lock onto a skeleton baby just in time to make me turn my back on a magic attack from a pinwheel :lol:

Finally beat him on about the 5th or 6th attempt, even tho i was totally poisoned and running out of flasks rapidly. But god damn if it wasnt a total AWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAA moment when i finally got him!

I'm now about 40 having had a massive grinding session in the DarkRoot Gardens. But at the time I was sub 35.

Where were you putting your mark? I tried both by the fog door and by the bonfire to no avail.

In Blighttown, right next to the bonfire in the swamp. I'd seen a few pop up and so gave it a go myself, hey presto.

Just had a bit of an epic meltdown fighting Nito in NG+. Motherfucker just slapped me silly over and over, most of the time before i could do so much as attack once. I was getting pissed considering i beat him on my very first try in my first game. Ended up just screaming FUUUUUCK YOUUUUUU at the TV, then having one of those spasmoid embolisms you get you jsut bark out words angrily that dont make any sense, like 'AH FOR FUCK DONT FUCK THAT THING THE FUCK' when fighting the pinwheels before the boss area and the camera would consistently lock onto a skeleton baby just in time to make me turn my back on a magic attack from a pinwheel :lol:

Finally beat him on about the 5th or 6th attempt, even tho i was totally poisoned and running out of flasks rapidly. But god damn if it wasnt a total AWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAA moment when i finally got him!

I was having exactly the same spasmic reaction at times when I was fighting Capra Demon. I must have sounded like I'd just contracted tourettes or something.

About to head into NG+ Sen's Fortress :unsure: Hold me!

Ha, I thought I just recognised the name! I pretty much lurk here, but thanks for the help killing Quelaag. Five times through?! No wonder your attacks did so much more than mine! What soul level are you?

Hey hey, small world! That's one of my sub characters I was helping out at Quelaag with - she's a level 37 who's just finished Anor Londo during her first run. However, she's also carting around a +2 lightning claymore, which generally messes enemies up big time. It's more about the equipment than the stats for her - the lightning enchant doesn't require high strength or dexterity, but does do an absolute number on enemies. The only limiting factor at present is that my access to upgrade materials is limited right now. Without chunks, putting it past +2 won't be happening for a while... maybe time to farm New Londo a bit.

The armour I was wearing also helps, which is a composite of Havel's armour and the Gold Hemmed set - before leaving Blighttown, I'd recommend heading in a bit further into the Demon Ruins under Quelaag and picking up the Gold Hemmed robes. You can't miss them and they're awesome as light armour - though the boss will probably kill you as soon as you pick them up, so use your souls first. I love the look of the Ninja set, but it doesn't compare at all in the protection it offers.

I've just finished Darkmoon-invading my way to ten Souvenirs of Reprisal in Anor Londo, which was mostly good fun, though it's fairly trying when, for the umpteenth time, you enter a player's Dark Anor Londo and he casts Tranquil Walk of Peace while you spawn, shortly before his gang of summoned helpers rush you as you attempt a polite gesture. :hmm:

My final invasion for the tenth Souvenir was great though - I went in fearing the worst, as this particular player had already beaten me once with Tranquil Walk and the Fog Ring, but this time he removed the ring, we bowed and had a proper duel on the moving platform in the middle of Anor Londo, me in my Sunshine Gary outfit with a Chaos Estoc+5, him in the Gold-Hemmed robes with a Washing Pole of some kind and no shield. We traded blows for a bit, me doing the prancing double-hit with my Estoc and following with pokes from behind my shield, him catching me a couple of times with the wide arc of his Washing Pole. He chugged some Estus, so I rolled away to match that with my Heal miracle. More of that sort of thing followed, then, going for a backstab I ate Wrath of the Gods a couple of times (it casts quickly!), so we both backed off to heal again. After he finished drinking his Estus I saw him casting a miracle that gave off a wavy aura and proceeded to panic-cast my emergency Tranquil Walk, thinking that's what he'd just done, only to realise it was something else (Seek Guidance, maybe?) before running off in the direction of the screw-elevator, somewhat embarrassed.

He catches up to me on the section of walkway with no barriers having cast his own Tranquil Walk, so we walk slowly towards each other and start trading blasts of Emit Force to try to knock each other off, which was pretty comical but not terribly effective. He backs off to heal once more then misses with a free-aimed Lightning Spear, and since we seem to be playing miracle-snap now I return poorly-aimed fire in kind and somehow catch him with one bolt, for a measly 200 damage or so.

At this point I'm nearly dead, with no casts of Heal left, he has about three-quarters of his health and is closing in. Sigh, it's been fun, I suppose I might as well fish for a parry...

BOOM, shik, "The Guilty Pay the Price" :omg:

I spent the next ten minutes casting Darkmoon Blade on ALL THE WEAPONS and admiring the sparkly effects. :wub:

Gwyn+ is down. :D

Actually enjoyed the fight aswell.

Smough's Armour weith the Gold Hemmed Skirt.

Fire Zwei+9

Havel Greatshield

Ring of FAP Ring of Steel Protection

Pyro+15 Ironflesh

8 x Estus+7

:D

Same. I had an evening of trying and failing to out dps him with a +15 zweihander wearing Havel's armour with iron flesh cast. But I had much more success and fun in the end by getting my encumberance down to 50% by wearing some gold hemmed items and whacking him with the zweihander when there's an opening then rolling out of reach.

Same. I had an evening of trying and failing to out dps him with a +15 zweihander wearing Havel's armour with iron flesh cast. But I had much more success and fun in the end by getting my encumberance down to 50% by wearing some gold hemmed items and whacking him with the zweihander when there's an opening then rolling out of reach.

You're a better man than me. I tried to Parry/Riposte him but after getting his life to about 50% about 1 in ten times I realised I needed to find a way that required very little skill.

Fought Sif on a lvl 25 character last night, what a fight, I was knackered afterwards!

always makes me so sad

when he limps :( i wish you could just let him go at that point.

He started it.

What's that? Oh yeah of course I would've killed him anyway but he didn't know that.

I just hit the Pyro trainer in the stores by accident.

He said "You mad?"

I would have said "come at me bro!"

but I decided to run off and make a stupidly expensive apology instead.

My dude resting before and after crackin' skulls.

dadcam81111275.jpg

I love Dark Souls.

You're a better man than me. I tried to Parry/Riposte him but after getting his life to about 50% about 1 in ten times I realised I needed to find a way that required very little skill.

He started it.

What's that? Oh yeah of course I would've killed him anyway but he didn't know that.

But Dark souls Had the last laugh: Turned on my 360 for the first time after beating Gwyn and I've got an E74 error :(