IGNORED

Dark Souls - Prepare To Die... You Died.

The Sarge

When I last had a problem with a Play order (they acknowledged receipt of defective goods back, but failed to apply the refund to my card), they took weeks and multiple phone calls to sort it out. I actually had to send them edited copies of my credit card statement to prove I'd never received the refund, because they were incapable of verifying it through their records or with my bank.

It's certainly made me reluctant to use them again, which is a shame because I've been a customer from when they first started selling R1 DVD's into the UK. As with any retailer, if they deliver to the quality and price expected, then they're fine, but they certainly (in my recent experience) have little idea of what constitutes good customer service when something goes wrong.

Is that the strategy guide that was supposed to be included with the Limited Edition until it was replaced with an electronic copy, or is that something different?

@lewismistreated

I tried calling Tesco several times about my order but each time their system wasn't working, or didn't have the right information, so I'm still none-the-wiser as to whether the old pre-orders are messed up.

I've just spoken to a lovely girl on the Tesco customer service line who confirmed I'll get the limited edition on the 7th and will still be charged the initial price. Fingers crossed :)

By the way, if you don't want the guide for gameplay reasons, then you might as well consider an investment, as most of the awesome Future Press guides are. Show 'em, Bayonetta.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BAYONETTA-strategy-game-guide-hardcover-ps3-xbox-360-/310341598882?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item4841ccfea2#ht_1169wt_960

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/3869930039/ref=s9_simh_gw_p14_d0_g14_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-5&pf_rd_r=0WAHF72G1BZFZ4H4ZQA5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128293&pf_rd_i=468294

I had that in my basket on release, and decided against it at the last minute. :facepalm:

Guides? Pfft, you should in go raw and hard and learn from experience.

There's be no more talk of guides, y'hear? :hmm:

I want you all to go in raw, no matter how much it hurts and how much you want to stop, you will continue until you've fully explored DS, touched all it's sensitive areas and found its hidden bounties.

By the way, if you don't want the guide for gameplay reasons, then you might as well consider an investment, as most of the awesome Future Press guides are. Show 'em, Bayonetta.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BAYONETTA-strategy-game-guide-hardcover-ps3-xbox-360-/310341598882?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item4841ccfea2#ht_1169wt_960

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/3869930039/ref=s9_simh_gw_p14_d0_g14_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-5&pf_rd_r=0WAHF72G1BZFZ4H4ZQA5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128293&pf_rd_i=468294

I had that in my basket on release, and decided against it at the last minute. :facepalm:

Anyone who pays that much for a guide is a complete bloody mental.

Played both versions today, 360 d pad made it a bit more tricky to select items on it and the graphics seemed to have a bit more sparkly shine type effects. Preferred the ps3 personally, 360 sparkles on wet rocks etc made things look a bit too sharp. Nothing in it tho, personal choice all the way.

Edit: bloody iPhone

Continued:

I made a depraved who looked like an old lady corpse running round in pants and has a broken weapon...

Despite this I still pretty much blew through the demo becaue I knew most of Demons Souls tricks and only got caught out with a single boulder trap. Anyone familiar with DS will breeze the beginning levels. It's Not harder.

Humanity is a great mechanic.

This will easily be my GOTY.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/33816/previews/dark-souls-hands-on-its-incredible-and-youre-going-to-hate-it/

Dark Souls is the kind of game that glues a pound coin to the floor, laughs when you try to pick it up, then stabs you in the neck with a large rusty spear. It makes you want to climb onto the roof of the nearest building and start swearing profusely at the world through a megaphone. Even now, it's taking every ounce of our self-restraint not to fill the page with profanity-loaded praise. You'll certainly hate us for saying it, but this is a game that you're going to need to play.

In a genre oversaturated with green hills and moody dwarves, Dark Souls is a delightfully bleak alternative. Rooms are dark, everything is deadly, and everyone is out to get you. You're going to die. Repeatedly.

Eventually, though, you'll scrape through and beat the cruel odds unfairly stacked against you - and it's going to feel absolutely amazing. Punching the air just isn't going to cut it. You're going to need an industrial-strength high five, immediately.

Elation like this doesn't come without a price though, and you'll often go through hell to get there. It's not just giant dragons causing you grief in Dark Souls - almost every room and corridor is loaded with deeply unpleasant surprises. Caution is vital, which means you spend most of the game edging into the unknown - hoping that your shield will be enough to protect you from mysteries lurking in the dark.

:D

No servers on this bad-boy. It's all done P2P, and it's global. So it's highly likely you'll be invaded by top-tier (laggy) Japanese players. :ph34r:

No servers?? Thats a bit of a kick in the nuts. I loved how even on my crappy mobile internet DS was mostly lag free even tho i was using the NA version!

But one day, those servers will close, and the Demon's Souls we know and love will be lost. At least this way we have something that could theoretically last for as long as Live/PSN exist...

Thats true, i jsut worry about how most p2p games go in the end when its next to impossible to find a game. There was always someone on DS waiting to co-op it up with me :(

Just ordered the guide, although how much i will read of it will depend, will kinda spoil the surprise of see 'You Died' on the screen.

Anybody re-visited Demon Souls lately? I rebooted my NG+ game save and went into 2-1 got killed several times then turned the game off! So out of practice a hugh fail on my part! :(

No servers?? Thats a bit of a kick in the nuts. I loved how even on my crappy mobile internet DS was mostly lag free even tho i was using the NA version!

My only concern is that cheats might throttle their connect once invaded, making it very hard to defend. The practice was wide-rife on PES before they shared the lag / connect problem on both machines... :ph34r:

As far as I know Demon's Souls sessions were also peer-to-peer, the game just connected to a central server for leaderboards, Tendency and matchmaking.

I wouldn't expect this game to be much different, although they'll probably only need one universal server per format¹ this time around rather than different ones for each region. A less fragmented player base should be good news for everyone, in fact.

¹Or maybe just the one running both in parallel; I won't pretend to be a networking expert.