IGNORED

Dark Souls - Prepare To Die... You Died.

The Sarge

Well I just clicked on a link to a livestream of some Japanese guy playing through the game and saw him fighting a boss when... GENUINE BOSS SPOILER

oh shit they pulled a maneater again.

I'm actually glad I saw that as I really know now that this one is going to be just as bastard hard as the last one. Forewarned is forearmed and that.

PS I wasn't out to spoil the game for myself I just couldn't help clicking on the enticing link. It was a boss that's been revealed from one of the early levels of the game anyway. No more spoilers for me! :)

I won't read that spoiler, but that sums up why I am really excited about Dark Souls.

I loved Demon's Souls to bits, but let's face it by the time the European version came out lots of the really sinister details about it that could completely mess up your playthrough were known and well flagged up in discussion about the game (even if you avoided guides like me on my first playthrough).

Looking forward to going into this totally blind, making tons of mistakes and generally getting my ass handed to me. Can't wait.

Just thought I'd tell people, I traded in the PS3 Demon's Souls yesterday in anticipation of this coming out. I got £13 at Gamestation with their "match CEX +£1" offer. Worth bearing in mind if like me, you got Demon's Souls quite cheaply originally.

It'll be interesting to see which version sells best out of the two. Usually multiformat titles sell better on the 360, but it wouldn't surprise me if the PS3 version sells more in this instance.

Me? I've got both on preorder as I've got more money than sense and want to play with different people on each format.

The PS3 does seem its spiritual home, as Nap says, but if there is little-to-no difference between the versions I am going the 360 route if only because the PS3 pad is fucking atrocious.

Not long now. As the nights draw in and the days get colder, its good to know Dark Souls is just round the corner to warm us up. :wub:

Also, if you want games like this on the 360 it's a good idea to show that they can sell on the platform as well.

Agreed. Although I do think the type of gamers who enjoy these sorts of games are more likely to own a PS3 (if they don't already have both), unless you're me...

The PS3 does seem its spiritual home, as Nap says, but if there is little-to-no difference between the versions I am going the 360 route if only because the PS3 pad is fucking atrocious.

It's funny you say that because when I was at the Eurogamer Expo last week I found the controls terrible on the 360 version compared with the tried and tested, more natural feeling button mapping scheme that I was familiar with from having played Demon's Souls on the PS3's dualshock controller.

In any case if you haven't played Demon's Souls prior I suppose you're not likely to notice the difference but still the awkwardness of having to pull up your shield using the shoulder button on the 360 pad just kept prompting me to want to try and find a way of going into the options and seeing if there were any other control schemes available in order to avoid this issue - just for the record there wasn't a way to do this as far as my all too short time with the game was concerned.

but still the awkwardness of having to pull up your shield using the shoulder button on the 360 pad just made me want to try and find a way of going into the options and seeing if there were any other control schemes available in order to avoid this

I never thought about that. I'm not a fan of holding the LB in any game, but one as crucial as this, certainly doesn't appeal. Even Leon's knife in RE4 HD has been giving me gip. I'm sure it'll come with time, but as i've mentioned before; i won't be getting the 360 version until i've mastered and platinumed the PS3 one.

Which for the almighty Sir Curtis will take 2 weeks or less!

I'm looking forward to the deep, dark, dangerous, unknown world that awaits. That 'crap ya pants' feeling of rounding a corner, and not knowing what to expect.

Hopefully my experience with Demons will help my endeavours. ;)

I still haven't decided on what version to go for, even after weighing up the various pros and cons. My gut says PS3 because its the lead platform etc but I don't know enough about how the game works online to dismiss the 360 version (the 360 being my preferred console when it comes to games that play primarily online).