Dark Souls - Prepare To Die... You Died.

The Sarge

I still haven't decided on what version to go for, even after weighing up the various pros and cons. My gut says PS3 because its the lead platform etc but I don't know enough about how the game works online to dismiss the 360 version (the 360 being my preferred console when it comes to games that play primarily online).

Just now I switched my pre order to the PS3 version. I was planning to play on the xbox with a few of my mates, then realised it would feel wrong on the xbox pad, after all the hours I put into Demon's.

that and the fact that actually playing with mates isnt the attraction at all, the random nature to the multiplayer Is why I liked it.

Hey, I spoilered it. And the game's been out in Japan for a week already FFS.

Like I said, I figured it might be useful as I could have done with that a couple of days back.

Anyway. Deleted.

Thanks but I don't think many of us want 'useful' tips, half the fun is not knowing.

ps. 9 days!!

Awesome news! Man i cant wait for this. Think i may finally turn on my PS3 again for this haha, i havent actually turned it on since the PSN hack! But it just wouldnt feel right not playing it on the PS3. Maybe pick up the 360 version at a later date just to have another reason to play it :D

If anyone still has any reservations about braving the world of a From Software RPG for the first time please note that they are selling this at Simplygames.com for under 30 odd quid with free delivery for the game on its own so if anything the game won't as be as much punishment on your wallet as it will on your will to persevere past the game's inevitable and frequent screen spelling out yet again in blood red that "YOU DIED" :)

Does anyone know if the rumours had any salt to them then - about the high level Black Phantoms being unleashed on hapless players who have dared brake the PAL release date I mean?

Would they get it to you by friday however?

I suppose so as it says on the shipping details that they aim to get the game out to you "by the day of release".

You also get a smidgen more off if you go and purchase via Quidco at 2% after VAT is taken off - which is better than nothing really!