IGNORED

Dark Souls - Prepare To Die... You Died.

The Sarge

alas not good enough, I shall stick to beating the tesco girl to death and taking my copy from her twitching corpse.

Same here really - I used the £5 off Dark Souls deal they had going on a while ago and have kept my order since.

Just thought that people might want to just get the game on its own without having to faff around with all the other bonus content pushing up the price - especially since there is a very well known risk that someone might buy the game, play it and then get fed up with the game's harsh ways within a matter of less than a week and then regret the fact that they splashed out £40 odd quid for the privilege of being just another one of Dark Souls many punching posts' ;)

I had a dream last night I had a PM from Curtis giving me the details of someone selling the game right now. I woke up when the post came. Dark Souls, how you taunt me already.

:lol:

Next week is gonna be a nightmare! Especially if it doesn't turn up early.

:lol:

Next week is gonna be a nightmare! Especially if it doesn't turn up early.

Well i have my order with Shopto and they generally deliver early, i have booked time of work on thursday/friday especially for this so it better turn up early/ontime.

Royal Mail youve been warned :ph34r:

Simply Games are doing a deal on this - £29.85 if you pre-order before midnight this Sunday.

After getting shafted over a pre-order for EDF Insect Armageddon.. I'd be wary of this site, if you do pre-order don't be surprised to see them awaiting stock come release day!

After getting shafted over a pre-order for EDF Insect Armageddon.. I'd be wary of this site, if you do pre-order don't be surprised to see them awaiting stock come release day!

I was thinking about it but I've already got too many games to play over the next few months! I'm interested in this game after reading people's impressions of Demon's Souls, but I think it might have to wait until early next year.

I was thinking about it but I've already got too many games to play over the next few months! I'm interested in this game after reading people's impressions of Demon's Souls, but I think it might have to wait until early next year.

If you haven't played Demon Souls I'd suggest picking a cheap copy of that up first.. Mainly to see if it's your kind of thing, and also to give you an idea of what to expect from Dark Souls (basically lots of awesomeness!)

How come the Dutchies get it so early?

No f*cking clue. It seems the local distributor just sent them out early without a mandatory launch date (not that we care much about those anyway). It's out in the wild in any case.

And it's pretty. :wub:

PS: first potential flaw is that we got the US box-art after all. :(

Guuuuuuuuuuuuuys. Serious risk of negging here, but I'll take the hit.

Do me a favour and click this link - http://goo.gl/1wR1n - and maybe even sign up if you could. preparetodie.com is running a little meta-game that requires referrals, and I want to win me some Dark Souls goodies. There's little statues involved and everything.

DarkSouls_Statue_Elite_Knight-570x380.jpg

Yes please mate.

If you haven't played Demon Souls I'd suggest picking a cheap copy of that up first.. Mainly to see if it's your kind of thing, and also to give you an idea of what to expect from Dark Souls (basically lots of awesomeness!)

Unfortunately I haven't got a PS3, otherwise I would have played Demon's Souls ages ago; sounds right up my street! I'll wait for impressions on here before I make a decision on the new game.

I missed this one earlier, but: NO NO NO NO. If you're just starting, skip Demon's Souls, get Dark Souls.

It starts way better and while still not exactly hand-holding, provides a far better platform to start from compared to Demon's. The bonfires are key.

I'm not really one for limited editions with little statues as 9 times out of 10 they look utter gash but if that was sold as part of some ultimate premium edition, I would buy the shit out of that.

You and me both. And I've just found out that the competition to win the damn thing is limited to US citizens only. Boo-urns.

Unfortunately I haven't got a PS3, otherwise I would have played Demon's Souls ages ago; sounds right up my street! I'll wait for impressions on here before I make a decision on the new game.

It is deliciously hard, and often frustrating but yet I've been watching streams of dark souls all morning. Demons Souls destroyed me. I got to King Alliat and gave up. It was too stressful. You'd think I'd learn my lesson. I know its bad for me but I want it so bad. Im a battered woman and Dark souls is about to start such a campaign of abuse...

Right, I know next to nothing about this game or the last one apart from it looks nice from the screens and I like the setting, and that it kills you. A lot. Kind of Nethack with nice graphics and bosses or something. So I ordered it for the trusty 360 and I'll read as little as I can about it in the meantime, jump straight in and all that. Best way? I've gone for the guidebook too for some reason, I've never bought anything like that before but the cover looks ace so that's that. Obviously I'll avoid reading it 'til I've been smited to death a few dozen times, so that'll probably be day two by the sound of it. Anyone know the dimensions of such a book? Ideally I'd like to sneak it into the bogs at work using the old "under the jumper" trick, but obviously there are limits. Ta.