Dark Souls - Prepare To Die... You Died.

The Sarge

Oh well, it was a nice dream while it lasted. Time to wake up and smell the pointed steel thrust in your face.

I have one question for those with copies already: Are the Crystal Geckos back in this, and are they as annoying?

Oh well, it was a nice dream while it lasted. Time to wake up and smell the pointed steel thrust in your face.

I have one question for those with copies already: Are the Crystal Geckos back in this, and are they as annoying?

I've encountered some 'thing' that might be considered its equal. It ran away but didn't disappear immediately, so I killed it. So I guess that's a 'yes' and a 'maybe'.

I've encountered some 'thing' that might be considered its equal. It ran away but didn't disappear immediately, so I killed it. So I guess that's a 'yes' and a 'maybe'.

Thanks! Is it bigger? Easier to spot? Easier to kill by melee? Can you approach it unnoticed if you're in soul form, or 'hollowed' as I think it's called now?

Ooh ooh ooh. Is there an equivalent to 'world tendency' in this?

Bad news people: that Eurogamer review has confirmed there is no way to summon specific people.

So you can forget about co-op with your friends. <_<

Really? That is a blow. Might change my preorder to ps3 then :doh:

Was looking forward to revisiting some lulz. :(

Hang on read the review. It says:

there's no option to join a particular friend.

Neither did Demon's Souls strictly speaking but fans bodged a way. How much do we actually know about how you can invite someone to your game? Does it work in a similar way to Demon's or is it completely different?

From what i can tell, it's all done via the Campfires. So you can either sit there and offer help, or request it. One assumes that it's completely random, but with restrictions on character level etc.

Sounds like From have made it strict on purpose.

If it's anything like Demons there will be a way to force friend co-op. You would just need to find a spot you both agree on and co-ordinate. Of course, we were playing the HK version on limited population servers before it hit the US and UK officially, so that's not to say it will be as easy with a global release...

From what i can tell, it's all done via the Campfires. So you can either sit there and offer help, or request it. One assumes that it's completely random, but with restrictions on character level etc.

Sounds like From have made it strict on purpose.

If that's the case, there may be some hope. I'm guessing we won't know for sure until someone who's managed to co-op with friends successfully in Demon's Souls tries it.

I watched someone playing this on JustinTV last night and the guy kept dying on a boss fight again and again so, right outside the area where the boss was, he used some kind of stone that 'summoned' for help and after a moment another player rose out of the ground. Then he did it again so there was him and two other players. They went through the wall of fog and killed the boss easily.

I've not played the first game, but this is a day one purchase for me, it looks great! One thing that has me slightly concerned, can my game get invaded by other players who'll kill me? Last thing I want is for some levelled up prick appear and chop me up! I'm not sure I've fully understood the online side of things - been trying to avoid spoilers etc

This might not apply to Dark Souls but for Demon's Souls it went like this.

You can only get invaded if you are in Human Form (= the 'best' form there is. You have 100% HP but die while in this form and you will have to play in Soul Form until you regain your Human Form by for example killing a boss. Soul Form gives you 50% of your max HP) . Invaders must be in the same level bracket as you are (for example, level 21-30), this makes imbalanced fight more or less impossible.

I hope they have fixed the server side issues. Going for Platinum in Demon's Souls meant you had to take the game offline because a connection to the server could (and would I can say from experience) screw up the World Tendency. On several occasions it went from Pure Black to Neutral for not apparent reason.