Dark Souls - Prepare To Die... You Died.

The Sarge

Exactly what imgoing to do, two many spoilers in this thread now anyway from the lucky ones. :(

Spoilers? All anybody has said so far is that the game is bloody hard! And if you aren't already aware of that, you're in for a nasty surprise :lol:

I've added my death tally in Dark Souls to my sig btw :)

I know it's almost certainly wasted hope, but somebody please answer this question. That, and can you summon people in a similar manner to the way it was done in Demon's Souls? I.e. is there a reliable work-around so that you can play with your mates?

I read that it boots you back to the main menu (like when your connection dropped in demon souls) if you start or join a party.

Aah interesting, thanks.

I'm the opposite I've just about got the hang of the backstab

(think the trick is to try and stop still before you go for it, so run round behind them, let go of the stick and then press the attack button)

but can't for the life of me do the parry.

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU :D

You are 100% correct about the backstab, now that it do it the way you describe I'm backstabbing like crazy! Being a Thief character means I have a high dexterity and my default dagger has a huge crit bonus so suddenly I'm tearing through these zombies like it's EDF or something - yeah baby :omg:

Spoilers? All anybody has said so far is that the game is bloody hard! And if you aren't already aware of that, you're in for a nasty surprise :lol:

I've added my death tally in Dark Souls to my sig btw :)

Oh get the noob punching his weight about the Demon Souls veterans of us might not find the game as bloody hard as yourself!

Increase your skill level and try harder then that death toil might not increase that rapidly! ;)

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU :D

You are 100% correct about the backstab, now that it do it the way you describe I'm backstabbing like crazy! Being a Thief character means I have a high dexterity and my default dagger has a huge crit bonus so suddenly I'm tearing through these zombies like it's EDF or something - yeah baby :omg:

And right after posting that I died horribly :( Ran up to an enemy ready for a backstab and got careless and got raped.

Oh get the noob punching his weight about the Demon Souls veterans of us might not find the game as bloody hard as yourself!

Increase your skill level and try harder then that death toil might not increase that rapidly! ;)

I meant no disrespect, just pointing out that there hasn't been a single spoiler posted so far, not even a minor one. Just that it's hard and not much else. So I assumed that the only thing you could possibly be referring to was the difficulty! :D

I meant no disrespect, just pointing out that there hasn't been a single spoiler posted so far, not even a minor one. Just that it's hard and not much else. So I assumed that the only thing you could possibly be referring to was the difficulty! :D

Ah no problem, as i have not actually clicked the spoiler buttons i have been unaware of their content, trying to go as naked as i can into the world of Dark Souls.

I see shopto have now charged my account so the long wait looks like it is finally coming to an end! :eyebrows:

I have read on twitter that a lot of Japanese players are complaining about the matchmaking. From my experience so far (23 hours in) I have, as a human, seen only one white sign offering help, and been called into someone else's world once, despite having put my sign down many times. However, I have been invaded 10 times which is really starting annoy me - I didn't mind being invaded in Demon Souls because it was at the time quite easy to find the white stones to get people to help you. The explanation for covenants says that it's easier to find players to play with if they are aligned to the same covenant as you. I am wondering how much easier they mean. Is the trouble in matchmaking a bug or an effect of splitting up the community through covenants.

Well I hope this is good; I know little about it and just got an email saying I'd ordered the LE from Tesco for £28.99 - must have been a while ago!

I wasn't going to purchase but it would be rude not to give it a blast when it turns up...

Again I know hardly anything about it and didn't realise it had online components. Sounds gravy so far from peeps reactions though :)

Well I hope this is good; I know little about it and just got an email saying I'd ordered the LE from Tesco for £28.99 - must have been a while ago!

I wasn't going to purchase but it would be rude not to give it a blast when it turns up...

Again I know hardly anything about it and didn't realise it had online components. Sounds gravy so far from peeps reactions though :)

Once you give it a blast when it turns up you will be glad you did and it will probably turn out to be one of the best decisions you have ever made.

Once you give it a blast when it turns up you will be glad you did and it will probably turn out to be one of the best decisions you have ever made.

:D

I'll starve to death but at least will be happy!