Dark Souls - Prepare To Die... You Died.

The Sarge

I think some of you fresh fish are in for quite a shock. ;)

All this talk of "being hard" is just over blown I reckon. Remember that Ninja Gaiden? Yeah, I couldn't do the first boss in that, got bored, turned it off. I bet this is far easier :P

Well I hope this is good; I know little about it and just got an email saying I'd ordered the LE from Tesco for £28.99 - must have been a while ago!

I wasn't going to purchase but it would be rude not to give it a blast when it turns up...

Again I know hardly anything about it and didn't realise it had online components. Sounds gravy so far from peeps reactions though :)

i got it for £28.99 pre order too , but cancelled as i got an email a week ago saying dispatch would be 6-8 weeks...

i got it for £28.99 pre order too , but cancelled as i got an email a week ago saying dispatch would be 6-8 weeks...

I never got that email; must just have been one of the lucky ones. Definitely a despatch email this morning.

Might be worth even emailing them and asking how come others are getting them and also - now on their website it says 4-5 days for despatch.

Seems like you got hosed there; they may have been trying to mitigate losses on some of the cheaper sales.

My guy has been getting FUCKED!!!! I beat 2 bosses already. I'm finding the controls really hard to get used to on 360. Your essentially always hitting or holding with the LB & RB buttons. It's a bit weird. I'll get over it but never thought it would be an issue for me. on PS3, because of those silly bingo wings in the back, most devs make the LB & RB buttons priority in shooters and some other types of games, so I've gotten used to it. On the 360 the bumpers are usually support buttons.

Based on the Eurogamer Digital Foundry analysis that was posted a page or two back, both versions look equal in terms of visuals and frame-rates. The 360 version would occaisionally dip lower than the PS3, but most of the time they were the same.

As someone who can't really afford to buy a PS3 it's nice that (based on those videos) the 360 conversion has been handled with care - it would be a real shame if it was a poor port.

@LewisMistreated: Tesco have shipped my pre-order - the one where the order history linked to a non-existent item, so we're not getting stiffed! Woo Hoo!

@LewisMistreated: Tesco have shipped my pre-order - the one where the order history linked to a non-existent item, so we're not getting stiffed! Woo Hoo!

Glad to hear it man!

...although I actually cancelled mine in the end, and re-ordered using another voucher code. Was too worried about the possibility of them faffing around with it, and the new order was only a fiver more anyway. Plus my £23 PS3 order is also on the way too. :D

Reading that Kotaku article as got me thinking about gift choice. What are people going for?

The Blessing of the Goddess (fully restores HP and clears abnormal status effects) seems massively OP. Or is it just a single use item, or have a massive cooldown or something?

I agree with the "walk away if you are getting pissed off" thing from the Kotaku article, and had to do that sometimes in Demons Souls but sometimes it works both ways. Sometimes going mental at it seems to help. It took me about 6 tries today after work to get back up to the same bit I got the other night when I was prety hammered, swinging away like mad. Didn't even remember some of the enemies I faced today being there last night. Trying it with a clear head just wasn't working well today. So sometimes maybe reckless works. Bit like Street Fighter IV in my experience too.

(And once I got back there I got murdered again, so that was nice! Rage quit of course after that. Hopefully there is a fire not far off.)

I would also agree that the non-hub system kind of thing is much more worrying to play through, it just doesn't seem as manageable when it isn't distinctly broken up and there isn't really a "home base".

It's confusing because the word demo is getting mentioned so often in this thread.

Funny thing: when I'm playing the game I often want to stop because AAAAARRRRGH but from the moment I actually do stop all I can think about is wanting to play the game some more :wacko:

Any word on when we'll be getting a demo of this on Xbox Live/PSN?

I'm very tempted to buy this, but I'm shit at games and all this talk of it being hard as fuck is scaring me off.

If you not that great a games in general then Dark Souls might not be your thing, i would suggest picking a cheap copy of Demon Souls from somewhere and trying it first to see how you get on.

The 12th of Never.

:lol:

It's confusing because the word demo is getting mentioned so often in this thread.

Funny thing: when I'm playing the game I often want to stop because AAAAARRRRGH but from the moment I actually do stop all I can think about is wanting to play the game some more :wacko:

The very definition of an abusive relationship :lol:

I was dreaming about the game this morning. It kept looping in my mind that the postie might be bringing it then I'd go through and discover with glee that there was a small padded envelope with all the murdery goodness inside. This went on for about 2 hours.

Then I woke up and discovered there was nothing.

Apart from an email from Shopto saying that my order had been dispatched. :omg:

Amazon is taking its time, it's not even sure when the guide will be in yet.

Not that I have the time to play it any time soon, but that is besides the point.

Amazon UK page says the guide is coming out on the 12th of this month. I'm going to try and finish this in a week, since I know I won't be able to resist peeking once the guide arrives!

That's a good article from Kotaku and also have to agree with the walk away bit. Was doing my nut in last night, getting more and more wound up and just dying stupidly with the 'simplest' of enemies. A bit more farming needed I think...

Also

still can't kill those bloody gargoyles!

:angry:

...although I actually cancelled mine in the end, and re-ordered using another voucher code. Was too worried about the possibility of them faffing around with it, and the new order was only a fiver more anyway. Plus my £23 PS3 order is also on the way too. :D

After my initial call with the really, really, helpful customer service guy, I tried three times to get the information about it, but every time I called they couldn't tell me anything or their system was acting up. In the end I just decided to wing it and complain if they mucked it up!

I wish I had a PS3, it sounds like a lot of the action is (understandably) going to be happening on there :(