IGNORED

Dark Souls - Prepare To Die... You Died.

The Sarge

So, due to the passive nature of the online, will a MS Silver Live account allow everything except being invaded / co operative play? Or will Gold be a prerequisite?

That's a really good question actually.

Sorry I can't add any more than that!

Don't know about anyone else, but I'll be taking great solace in the fact that, as I start on this new journey, a level one nobody helplessly tumbling through a desperate, forgotten world with nothing but my wits to guide me, somewhere out there in the gloomy ether...

...roams Curtis.

*stares into bonfire*

*sees flickering image of naked warrior dancing around wearing a boar's face for a hat*

Yea though my body be dashed countless times on the jagged peaks of difficulty,

My spirit blighted by countless foul beasts and fiendish traps,

The dim light of my souls will remain a beacon.

For in my heart I carry the knowledge that I healed the world that was broken

And in my hand I carry the talisman of Sir Curtis

For this is gaming,

This is Dark Souls

This is out on Friday!

:)

Did everyone else who ordered from shopto get two emails/text messages to say it had shipped? I've got both the PS3 and 360 version coming and got 4 text messages and emails to say they were dispatched. :unsure:

Yip i got 2 emails/txts then i double checked the order number on both in the hope they had maybe sent me 2 copies, Shopto has a track record of this you know!

So, due to the passive nature of the online, will a MS Silver Live account allow everything except being invaded / co operative play? Or will Gold be a prerequisite?

I was wondering this. Don't have gold because I don't really enjoy deathmatches and some weird face/spite/nose principle.

I think I'd be happy with just the messages and no invasions/co-op, but I'm guessing it won't work like this.

Uh, besides invasion and co-op/summoning type stuff what other sort of online interaction is there?

btw, what was digital and what was physical in terms of bonus items for the collector's edition in the uk?

apparently, we ended up getting the shaft here in the states and they turned the strategy guide and ost into digital downloads. (the tin contained the original version of the game, the artbook and a download code for the other digital bonus items)

btw, what was digital and what was physical in terms of bonus items for the collector's edition in the uk?

apparently, we ended up getting the shaft here in the states and they turned the strategy guide and ost into digital downloads. (the tin contained the original version of the game, the artbook and a download code for the other digital bonus items)

Everyone got the shaft. It's digital only for everyone, methinks at least for UK and US. Not sure about Japan.

People beware, this game will fuck you. It's not easier than Demon's Souls. The new, more open environments are like bad Halloween candy. It looks great but the douche bag who gave it to you put something naughty inside. You will NEVER get something for nothing in this game. Get used to it.

People beware, this game will fuck you. It's not easier than Demon's Souls. The new, more open environments are like bad Halloween candy. It looks great but the douche bag who gave it to you put something naughty inside. You will NEVER get something for nothing in this game. Get used to it.

here's something for nothing to ease your pain ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=096LhjGNNCk

I love you all! :wub:

Your plaudits (while hugely gratifying) make me embarrassed, and under pressure - like i'm immediately going to rape this game six-ways from Tuesday. :blush:

Who knows what will happen? For now, i'm pissed out my face (so i'll sleep well), and tomorrow the postman will arrive, and coffee will be brewed, and i will sit naked, with nothing but a Boar's head on my cranium, and a DS3 in hand, ready, and willing to venture forth into the unknown...

Good luck to all.

Damn, not really great news on the server front, people have been complaining of not seeing soul signs and invaders much, if at all since they've played and it's because of this:

Also, please note that there are several different servers/lobbies that are being used for Dark Souls, so you may not be able to summon a specific friend into your game even if you adhere to the steps above.

An official reply, not that I care about co-op with specific people but I'm a bit worried the online side of things will be dead (pun intended). Damn you P2P, bring back Atlus!

It also seems like they are being more strict with the level ranges, whereas you had to be within 10 levels + 10% of someone to invade/join their game in demons souls, it's just plain old 10% now. So combine with the servers being split and the smaller amount of potential invaders/co-op'ers, this is a bit disappointing. And it really sucks for people that liked to do co-ordinated co-op. Scamco :(

The client’s level must fall within 10% (above or below) of the host’s level. Generally, this example formula should give you a good idea on whether you will be able to join: (LC x 1.1) ≥ LH ≥ (LC x 0.9), where is LC the level of the client and LH is the level of the host. For example, if the level of the host is 20, then they will only be able to summon players who are levels 18 to 22.

I'd link the post but there are some boss names on it so I won't.