IGNORED

Dark Souls - Prepare To Die... You Died.

The Sarge

Don't like this Undead business. What's the point of making a hottie if she's rotten as fuck in-game!?

Pffft, noob - just do a reverse hollowing to regain your humanity and look fine again or go back to Call of Duty :rolleyes:

oh god I just insulted Curtis! :ph34r: :ph34r:

I was feeling a slight trepadation, nervous almost. But then i remembered i'm Sir Curtis, so i put the shield away and laid into those Undead fuckers two-handed Killij style! :eyebrows:

Your over-confidence is your weakness!

Loving reading the impressions on this - gonna try and pick up a copy tomorrow.

Actually when you die from human form, you lose all your souls and come back as a phantom with half health and weaker damage overall.

That's what I thought.

Anyway, it was simply too hard for me, and I didn't like it enough to try any harder. I was really looking forward to it from recommendations on here, but I think I needed a stronger warning about just how unforgiving it is.

It's here! :omg:

Based on the class information in the first post I'm probably going to go Bandit for the low attunement and intelligence stats and focus mainly on strength, not that stats are going to save me.

MY BODY FORM IS READY (to die, almost immediately)

Completely in the dark with this one. Very tempted to pick it up, but the difficulty really does sound daunted for someone with my limited skills in gaming...possibly one to hang fire on until the price goes down a bit maybe?

Mine arrived this afternoon and I'm currently devastating the Undead Burg with my Wanderer. It's hard to tell whether it's easier/harder at this point. It feels quite easy so far, but then I played a lot of Demon's Souls. As usual, it's my own lack of patience that is the greatest danger. :P

Feels just great to be playing this at last. :wub:

Edit: @joek

Nah go for it! I am utterly cackhanded and managed to get through the tutorial level without a death (except on a ledge right before the end,while investigating a talking birds nest).

I've also managed to acquire 10 health flasks, which seems quite generous given all I've heard about the game.

I'm still going to be completely fucked over by anything I even look at funny now I'm in the main game, I'm sure :(

So I encounter my second boss and promptly scream and run away. Then, just when I think I've discovered a clever exploit, the developers show me what a naive little adventurer I am and proceed to make meat paste out of my character.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. On that basis, this definitely is the sequel to Demon Souls.

I ran out of firebombs really quickly, I had to resort to constant backstabs for the last 40-45% of his health bar - tense stuff!

Btw I found that shield on my first visit to Undead Burg thanks to a helpful message! :D But the merchant nearby sells one for 1000 souls that absorbs 100% of all melee damage, it was only after buying that shield that I managed to beat the Knight in the tunnel and to "you defeated" the big sub-boss Demon

There is another way to get to the treasure at the end there, look around... You'll most prolly still get tw@tted by the knight but you get to keep the teasure even if you die.

It arrived !!! finally, I was thinking it wasnt coming today. Working at home too, this is torture I want to play all day :lol:

Had a quick go and got out of the asylum then unlike everyone else it seems I decided to go down not up.

So I walk to the pier and see two ghostly glows gliding over, I'll just go see what they are.....

YOU DIED.......

I hate the new inventory system too Curtis, it just seems wrong to have 5 million items in your packs.

Roll on tonight, I'm rohypnoling the other half I think, you know, needs must.

ok started as a pyro but how the hell do i use the fireballs

You need to put the

pyromancy flame

in to one of the right or left hand weapon/equipment slots. Swap yr weapon out to it and yr good to go...did my head in as well to start with.

Yeah suck it

Taurus Demon

! Didn't like those Black Firebombs did ya! :D

The weight/equip burden is doing my tits in! So sluggish unless you're semi-naked. I'm thinking the loin-cloth + boar's head might be closer to the truth than we first thought.

Only managed a quick go last night,

still can't kill those gargoyles

I just get too flustered in the fight.

But did interestingly find and promptly dispatch (after a v tense battle) a

gold armoured knight

who dropped a serious

ring

!

I'm all for games having some form of inventory management and item weights an equipment burdens as long as the inventory management system backs you up and you can actually sell stuff instead of leaving random piles all over the gaff because that last spoon you picked up was the straw that broke the camel's back...

What's the framerate like on the PS3?I've clocked Demons Souls and can only remember frame drops when things were getting hectic, where as the first level on 360 gets pretty juddery on Dark souls without much happening.

Thinking I should have plumped for this on its spiritual home.

I'm all for games having some form of inventory management and item weights an equipment burdens as long as the inventory management system backs you up and you can actually sell stuff instead of leaving random piles all over the gaff because that last spoon you picked up was the straw that broke the camel's back...

Can't you carry an infinite amount of stuff? It's only what you have equipped that counts towards your encumbrance. I love that system, I wish more RPGs did that. You get all the enjoyable fiddling around and balancing out your encumbrance but you also get to take along with you whatever you want. Brilliant! I heard that it's best to keep it all in Dark Souls btw, as you'll be able to do something with all your unwanted stuff later on.