IGNORED

Dark Souls - Prepare To Die... You Died.

The Sarge

What's the framerate like on the PS3?I've clocked Demons Souls and can only remember frame drops when things were getting hectic, where as the first level on 360 gets pretty juddery on Dark souls without much happening.

Thinking I should have plumped for this on its spiritual home.

It's the same on PS3.

Man, I'm getting destroyed here, I think this is quite a bit harder than demon souls comparing the two starter zones.

Anyone having problems with the lock-on? It either doesn't work when I want to switch targets or it's really unresponsive.

Can anyone confirm that the 360 controls are definitely on the bumpers and it's not changeable? Does it feel awkward or is it ok?

Confirmed on both counts. It's a bit awkward for a few minutes and then you totally forget about it as you play the game. It feels better with the chubby L1 and R1 buttons on the dual shock of course, but it's not that bad on the 360.

That's what I thought.

But surely you've got it the wrong way around? Your spirit form is the default form as that is how you'll be walking around for 90% of the game. If you manage to get your humanity back you'll be stronger for as long as you manage to stay alive. From then on you'll be back in your default form no matter how often you die. It's not that you get weaker when you die, it's that you can get temporarily stronger after defeating a boss. And since you never managed to beat the introductory boss, you never experienced that so you can't possible have any right to complain that you got weaker when you died because you didn't - you stayed in the same default form all the time. :P

Anyone having problems with the lock-on? It either doesn't work when I want to switch targets or it's really unresponsive.

You can switch targets? How?

For you information: Your Equip weight has to be less than 25% of your allowance if you want full mobility.

So I can carry 400 weapons wherever I go and still roll around like a loon? That doesn't sound so bad...

You can switch targets? How?

R3 + left-right on the right stick.

I don't think they've removed it since it worked fine in the tutorial area and the bit slightly after, just once I got to the first real area it stopped or became unresponsive.

I'm finding it a bit tricky as well. From previous comments on here though, it seems you have to get behind an enemy and not push any other buttons or move the sticks other than R1/stab.

That particular discovery helped me immensely in gutting Dark Souls' version of the Red Eyed Knight...

Edit: Moosey, there is no manual aim for crossbows. I'd forgotten about that oversight. For normal bows though, you press the button to make it a two handed weapon and then raise sheild button.

How is your allowance derived? Is it based on a particular stat?

It's based on your Endurance stat like before. Keeping it below 25% is a nightmare!

So I can carry 400 weapons wherever I go and still roll around like a loon? That doesn't sound so bad...

Yup! There's no inventory weight limit.

I'm finding it a bit tricky as well. From previous comments on here though, it seems you have to get behind an enemy and not push any other buttons or move the sticks other than R1/stab.

That particular discovery helped me immensely in gutting Dark Souls' version of the Red Eyed Knight...

Edit: Moosey, there is no manual aim for crossbows. I'd forgotten about that oversight. For normal bows though, you press the button to make it a two handed weapon and then raise sheild button.

Even when it's in two handed mode!? that's rubbish :(

Yeah unfortunately. There's a merchant kicking around who'll sell you a bow for 1k souls if you have a look around.

Just have to say, I'm liking the posion guage that you get. When dealing with undead rats, it gradually increases the more you're in contact with them so you know how long until you have until you're poisoned. Hopefully no more of this all so sudden "oh you are poisoned" malarky.

Bring the analogue stick back to neutral before pressing attack. If you're still moving you'll do a normal attack instead. After getting used to it, I'm now doing backstabs constantly.

Have I missed a message ingame, because I don't know how you do it. Is it dodging behind them, or is it from the front, or do you have to be in block, or from parry or what? Sorry, it sounds dim but I don't get it.

I finally defeated

Tauren Demon

played time? 3h40 mins <_< then the next part bent me over, fucked me and then I died on the way back to there and lost about 4000 souls.

Have I missed a message ingame, because I don't know how you do it. Is it dodging behind them, or is it from the front, or do you have to be in block, or from parry or what? Sorry, it sounds dim but I don't get it.

I finally defeated

Tauren Demon

played time? 3h40 mins <_< then the next part bent me over, fucked me and then I died on the way back to there and lost about 4000 souls.

Unsurprisingly you perform the backstab from the back ;) I just circle around them as they do an attack and then backstab them. Works well with pikemen and axemen because their attacks are so slow.