Dark Souls - Prepare To Die... You Died.

The Sarge

Curtis did you :

Kill the giant graveyard skellingtons? I killed them all off before going to the berg, the game suddenly seemed very easy after those........:lol:

Saving up strength now to use

Zweihander baby!

Think I'm going to start again though, I want a massive obese woman warrior not the twiglet :lol:

Also added a load of XBox gamertags from the spreadsheet

have to watch tv and be coupley now, damn you woman, do you not understand the importance of this day! :angry:

Ahhhh. It was waiting for me when I got home.

Thankyou, ShopTo.

My pre-order from Zavvi for the Ico collection was also delivered today. There will be no thanks for that service.

Right, I'm out of here! See you all in hell!

If you think we're breezing through this, you'd be wrong moose. I spent about 3 hours trying to get rid of that Taurous Demon and things aren't any easier after that.

But it's still so much FUN! Especially when you land some filthy backstabs on those armored knights kicking aroun. Mmmmm.

I'll never feel safe enough to parry though. Although, a question about that; are you able to parry any attack? Or just most of the normal ones?

As much as I miss the hub from Demon's Souls, it's really satisfying when you take a path somewhere and it links back to a previous area. I just took

an elevator from the Undead Parish straight to (to my surprise) the miracles merchant at the Firelink Shrine at the beginning of the game.

I've been playing for about 6 hours, so it's cool to be able to open up massive shortcuts like that.

I'd be interested to hear the opinions of those that never played Demon's Souls.

It's fucking BRILLIANT! I was tempted to get a PS2 just for Demon's when I heard about this so I didn't bother, but even a mere 15 mins or so in I wish I had now. The atmosphere is incredible, just that right amount of trepidation without destroying me with outright fear so I daren't even move.

One thing though, what's the difference between the ghosts and the bloodstains? The latter seems to replay someone's death, so what are the ghostly things I see wandering about?

I'm quite happy at the mo' cause i have a new hood that completely blacks out the characters face, so i can't even tell she's undead. :ph34r:

Currently at Level 17 and quite happy with my build and equipment. Only decision is where to go next.

The level design is second to none. The amount of shortcuts i've opened is unreal. It's so convoluted, yet ties in together perfectly.

4 hours ago I was a bright eyed adventurer full of hopes and dreams, delighted with my new found skills of parrying, backstabbing and critical attacks. Hey I even beat a boss and had a shield and everything

A few bonfires found and traps foiled and ambushes repelled. This wasn't that bad. I spotted hidden ledges and goodies to boot, warming my hands and replenishing my health and filling my health flasks whilst ranking up was very nice.

Then the bonfires became scarce as did the health flasks, then big fucking flaming balls came down the stairs, and horrible groups of undead things, and undead things up above firing crossbows and chucking more flaming fucking things that set me ablaze.

Then some big armored prick wanted a go and he had a big sword, in fact it was bigger than me, I poked at that tit with my spear and took 1 health off him. Yeah thanks for that I said as I ran off with the lumbering tossa after me.The relief as I spotted an out of this, the white door, and off I popped.

Needless to say something as big as a fucking house with wings and a club killed me with one go not long after the pricks upstairs had fired more arrows and things from their turrets at me.

I'm only 3 hours in lol

Any other pyros out there? I'm restricted to 8 fireballs each life - once they're used up, they don't replenish until you rest at a bonfire. Is there anyway to increase the number of fireballs you use per life? Also, 7 hours in and I still haven't encountered any other magic spells. Is there hardly any magic in the game or is ... is the game just that big?

Fuck a duck! One those Elite Knights just parry/riposted me and stuck his Rapier straight into my face! :o

Hah! Same here. I was being all cocky, hiding behind my shield and taking the odd stab at him, when he raised his blade and donned his "Come at me bro" face.

I came at him.

It did not end well. :lol:

I never have problems with those guys mainly since I draw them out in an open area for backstabbings. They're really vulnerable to multiple hits since when they get back up, you can sneak round for another shot.

Currently facing against:

The two Bell Gargoyles. Goddamn are they tough. It probably wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for that flame breath attack which seems to cover a really wide range.

Any other pyros out there? I'm restricted to 8 fireballs each life - once they're used up, they don't replenish until you rest at a bonfire. Is there anyway to increase the number of fireballs you use per life? Also, 7 hours in and I still haven't encountered any other magic spells. Is there hardly any magic in the game or is ... is the game just that big?

Not found a way yet myself or any other magic. I've just bulked up on strength, vitality and dex so I can wield a mighty sword and axe as well.

Currently facing against:

The two Bell Gargoyles. Goddamn are they tough. It probably wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for that flame breath attack which seems to cover a really wide range.

I'm stuck there, doing my head in. Just can't kill them at the moment.

I'm stuck there, doing my head in. Just can't kill them at the moment.

Me too. Biggest difficulty spike so far for me. Gone down to New Londo Ruins for a bit of a break - getting owned. How do you

defeat those spectre things floating on the water? Fire doesn't affect them. Physical weapons don't affect them. Hmm.