IGNORED

Dark Souls - Prepare To Die... You Died.

The Sarge

I'm currently thinking;

Maybe finding a shield with higher fire protection? I'd be fine (I think) if they were two melee but that fire breath fucks everything up.

Aside from that, I'm curious about;

A guy I found in a cell in the chapel. I have the key and he wants me to let him out but.....

Yurt MkII?

A guy I found in a cell in the chapel. I have the key and he wants me to let him out but.....

Yurt MkII?

Oh yeah. I forgot about that. I

released him! Nothing bad has happened yet. At least, I think all my NPCs are still alive. ;)

I'm stuck there, doing my head in. Just can't kill them at the moment.

I 1 shot this boss really easily, and I'll tell you how but it is a bit of a spoiler

I summoned the Solaire guy you can speak to earlier in the level, the one that gives you the white soap stone to help summon others. Well if you're in human form he has a soul sign right next to the bosses door, pretty fun watching him run around casting stuff, he doesn't do much damage I found but he does keep them off you long enough for you to do some. Next run I'll try it without him.

I never have problems with those guys mainly since I draw them out in an open area for backstabbings. They're really vulnerable to multiple hits since when they get back up, you can sneak round for another shot.

Currently facing against:

The two Bell Gargoyles. Goddamn are they tough. It probably wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for that flame breath attack which seems to cover a really wide range.

You on about the same Knights we are? Cause they don't go down. :/

Just killed those two you're on. Trick is cain the first as fast as possible!

is it just me or does the game look worse than the original, like lower res. Especially the hud and text and whatnot.

Yeah, I thought that at the start too. Text and environment backdrops looked really ropey. It very quickly gets better though (well, the text stays the same, obvs).

I've clocked Demons Souls, racked up 85 odd hours on it. Absolutely loved it and got pretty reasonable at it I thought.

Started this tonight with great anticipation. Shit myself at the

Asylum Demon, ran away and once I'd composed myself I got rid of him pretty sharpish.

So, I've gone up the stairs at the first Bonfire and I'm getting repeatedly raped by

The 2 Skelingtons!

What the feck is going on?!? :facepalm::lol:

I think I need to get back into the right mindset. Months after finishing Demons souls, I thought I'd have a quick blast, as it were, and I got absolutely fucked by the rolling skelingtons on 4-1.

Absolutely loving this though, it looks fantastic, so much of a leap from Demons Souls I think and even though I've only seen a small amount of it, the environments looks gorgeous in a bleak desolation kind of way.

You on about the same Knights we are? Cause they don't go down. :/

Just killed those two you're on. Trick is cain the first as fast as possible!

The ones with the cape aye? They tend to use rapiers although a couple have longswords?

If it's those ones, I just circle till they try and hit then backstab the crap out of them.

I'll give the demons another shot.

Any other pyros out there? I'm restricted to 8 fireballs each life - once they're used up, they don't replenish until you rest at a bonfire. Is there anyway to increase the number of fireballs you use per life? Also, 7 hours in and I still haven't encountered any other magic spells. Is there hardly any magic in the game or is ... is the game just that big?

I read this in the Destructoid review:

This sense of vague mystery about the nature of some mechanics can go a bit too far at times, however. Players who wish to attempt to focus on Pyromancy, perhaps the most versatile of the game's three magical disciplines, will likely struggle for some time wondering what it's good for and how to improve one's ability. I traversed what I estimate to be twenty to thirty percent of the game before....

meeting an NPC who could teach new Pyromancy spells and increase the effectiveness of those I had.

Yurt MkII?

Lol...my thoughts exactly. I kicked off with him and after a few attempts laid him out (he's a vicious b@stard). He dropped a very interesting

ring

The ones with the cape aye? They tend to use rapiers although a couple have longswords?

If it's those ones, I just circle till they try and hit then backstab the crap out of them.

Yep that tactic works for me. Totally lost now, there is a nasty near a blacksmith that hurls shite at me. I want to twat him but I would like to poison the dragon first.

Fwd + R2 is yr friend!

Does anyone wanna try a summoning test? I saw a couple of signs earlier outside a boss door, and they were both identified by gamertag, so i see no reason why with a little co-ordination we can't summon one another.

Worth a shot. Doesn't have to be now, anytime tomorrow. I'm sitting at Level 20.

I'm sure that's true if you like the game enough not to mind going back to the start even weaker than you were when you died. Over, and over, and over again. But I couldn't find anything appealing in the environments, enemies, or general vibe of the game, so it just felt like pure misery. 6 hours on half of level 1 of any game is plenty enough for me!

In other words, if the appeal of the game is struggling against, and eventually surmounting extreme odds, and you then fail to do that beyond a certain threshold (which is of course different for anyone), then there is literally no point.

Probably best to stick to Wii games :rolleyes:

Does anyone wanna try a summoning test? I saw a couple of signs earlier outside a boss door, and they were both identified by gamertag, so i see no reason why with a little co-ordination we can't summon one another.

Worth a shot. Doesn't have to be now, anytime tomorrow. I'm sitting at Level 21.

I would but ... are you playing on 360 or PS3? On PSN it says you're playing Dark Souls but you haven't got any trophies which is impossible if you're level 21. So I'm guessing you've bought both versions?

Ooh this is a bit good :wub:

Breezed through the tutorial in short order, then spent a good hour dying to two fucking skeletons at the bottom of some stairs in the first area. After getting a bit fed up I decided on a couple of suicide dashes through the area and got a rather lovely spear which I'm finding much easier to fight with.

Gave up for the night after getting completely beasted by a Taurus Demon.

I've rolled a warrior, I'm guessing key stats will be vitality, strength and endurance? I had to stick some points in dexterity so I could use my big pointy stick.

Weird. Well, I'm level 20 so we should be able to see each other's signs. Wanna help me with the

bell tower gargoyles? ;)

Worth a shot. You obviously need to be unhollowed. Gimme 5 mins to get there and i'll send you a message on PSN.

You do know there will be an NPC summon sign there? Might help if this doesn't work. ;)