IGNORED

Dark Souls - Prepare To Die... You Died.

The Sarge

Worth a shot. You obviously need to be unhollowed. Gimme 5 mins to get there and i'll send you a message on PSN.

You do know there will be an NPC summon sign there? Might help if this doesn't work. ;)

Oh well, it was worth a try. Lamest thing of all? Someone dropped their soul sign so close to the fog-door that when I clicked on their soul sign, I actually walked through the door - alone. And died. Back to hollowed form. Sigh.

Breezed through the tutorial in short order, then spent a good hour dying to two fucking skeletons at the bottom of some stairs in the first area. After getting a bit fed up I decided on a couple of suicide dashes through the area and got a rather lovely spear which I'm finding much easier to fight with.

Is that the pair of skeletons just past the bit of water in the graveyard, kind of left-ish from the bonfire? I gave up on them and just went the other way, despite there being a couple of visibly lootable corpses lying that way :(

Oh well, it was worth a try. Lamest thing of all? Someone dropped their soul sign so close to the fog-door that when I clicked on their soul sign, I actually walked through the door - alone. And died. Back to hollowed form. Sigh.

Bah! I have no idea how that's designed. It must be completely random, which makes no sense, cause there are only gonna be a finite number of people offering their services at any one time, so why restrict it? They've done on purpose obviously - to cut out the ease and socialbility of co-oping with someone you know.

Nae matter, just kicked their arses with a trusty Longsword+ 3. 8)

As an additional note:

If you manage to cut off the first one's tail, you have a chance(maybe guarranteed? to get a Gargoyle Tail Axe.

Edit: Quick, run to a bonfire!

Yeah i got that bonus weapon by lopping off his spare part. lol!

I tell you what; thank fuck for Homeward Bones! 10 mins or so in a brand new direction and you're deep in the thick of unknown territory, where sometimes retreat is the best option. I've just seen some big fucker, two in fact, that EDGE mentioned in their review. I'll come back later on both counts, cause i ain't tooled up for the job. Not even close!

What a game! :wub:

Oh!

I just saw and missed my first Gecko. Little cunt!

Just spent an hour and a half clearing out that fuuuucking graveyard. So worth it in the end though, and I genuinely let out a little yelp when I saw the return of an old friend - the trusty...

winged spear!

and, err, binoculars :lol:

Got my first Talisman too, and rescued the guy who teaches you miracles. Onwards and upwards.

THIS GAME :wub:

For anyone struggling to deal with the skelingtons near the start, I've found the best/laziest way to deal with them is to copy 4-2's idea from Demon Souls.

I.e, Lure them to a narrow edge of cliff (for example the stairs near the crow) and either giving them a gentle nudge or whatch them be all acrobatic and fling themselves off. They don't give souls so why strain yourself.

Just drove down to my local Tesco and had to drag the night shift's team leader out to get her to open the electronics department up so I could grab two copies for my brother and I. 'We don't do midnight launches every week' she explained as she dug both copies out of the store room.

Hmmm. I'm feeling kind of at a loss as to where to go.

After Gargoyles, I seem to have a choice of going down to the woods which leads me to a horrible boss fight which I'm not sure how to go about, the Catacombs which is not an enchanting prospect as the skelingtons are vicious as hell and I do pitiful damage or going to the lower city with the ghosts which means relying on items to damage the ghosts.

Nae matter, just kicked their arses with a trusty Longsword+ 3. 8)

As an additional note:

If you manage to cut off the first one's tail, you have a chance(maybe guarranteed? to get a Gargoyle Tail Axe.

Edit: Quick, run to a bonfire!

Same here, nailed them at last and got the drop! :)

Man this is getting better and better. After finally leaving the Undead Burg area

and sneaking under the Red Dragon

I arrive in area with a sub-boss surrounded by nasty standard enemies with sword and bows. Murdered them all on my first go. I press onwards towards a big room and encounter a whole new enemy,

like the big knights only much faster. With a spear and a tattered cape,

I do barely any damage and those fuckers are FAST! But constantly retreating, peppering them with arrows and then switching to my trusty morning star (which I've had for a while now and is awesome) to backstab the fuck out of each of those fuckers I actually beat them all! Behind them is a massive

huge black knight with a massive shield who looks crazy powerful

but using the same tactics I beat him too! All enemies down I finally enter the room but a sign on the floor warns me: "left". I look left and there is indeed a sneaky fucker standing there ready to ambush me. But I've just slaughtered a shitload of his comrades so I just laugh and attack him. However I get overconfident and careless and he kills me in two strikes. Lost more than 3000 souls and two humanity points.

This game :wub:

I've totally missed the route to and the Lower City. I didn't even know it existed until you lot just mentioned it!

Another great thing about DS and it's level design, they don't signpost anything, you must explore everywhere (like I obviously didn't)... :)

Co op info

Due to several contacts we've received from users confused as to how the summoning feature works in game, we have provided this list to help.

Conditions for summoning(White Sign Soapstone):

The host (person who's game world will be used)mustbe human. The client (person joining the game) can either be human or undead.

The client’s level must fall within 10% (above or below) of the host’s level. Generally, this example formula should give you a good idea on whether you will be able to join: (LCx 1.1)≥LH≥(LCx 0.9), where is LCthe level of the client and LHis the level of the host. For example, if the level of the host is 20, then they will only be able to summon players who are levels 18 to 22.

The area boss (Taurus Demon, Bell Gargoyles, Moonlight Butterfly, etc…) in the host’s world must still be alive. A client can still be summoned even if the client has already defeated their own area boss.

The host must not have placed down a summoning sign. Summoning signs from other players will not appear in a host’s world if the host also has placed a summoning sign down. This is to prevent a network conflict of the host joining someone else's game world while the clients are trying to join the host's game world.

After successfully summoning, the client will return to their world if the area boss is defeated, the client is killed or the host is killed.

!!!!!!Also, please note that there are several different servers/lobbies that are being used for Dark Souls, so you may not be able to summon a specific friend into your game even if you adhere to the steps above. We can only recommend that you follow the steps above for the best chance at being able to join a specific friends' game.!!!!!!!

Well the tutorial was pretty easy....but I fear it's lulled me into a false sense of security. I didn't really know what class to pick. I chose thief but it didn't seem like hitting from behind was making much difference. I also chose some ring that claimed to restore HP but it doesnt.

SPOILER WARNING - Sorry don't know how to it tags in from my phone.

With the graveyard I grabbed everything from there at the start of the game, I just took everything off for speed and ran like a girl to the items suiciding once I had them. I had no souls to lose!

Went back and killed them all afterwards, bloody hard at lvl 5!

Also picked up a totally overpowered sword. Anyone that has killed the blue dragon on Demons Souls will understand this - go below the bridge and snipe away..... Pic to follow , can't post it from my phone.

Well, it's 2am, my headache is that much fucking worse. I can barely fucking move, but wow. Excellent start.

Just beat the

Horned demon on the bridge. Got roasted by the dragon a couple of times and decided to call it a night. Anybody got any tips for getting past him? I made it to the middle one time and assumed he flew past me and ran out into a secondary roasting. :lol:

Oh here's a tip for newbies: when talking to an NPC make sure you either tuck your right trigger finger under the pad, or manoeuvre yourself so you're not directly facing him, since it really sucks if you accidentally attack them.

Oh yeah, for a while I had 10 Estus potions to drink. Now I only have 5 again. What's going on? And what's the number in the top left of the screen?

Dark Souls :wub:

I want to strangle whoever designed the catacombs, it's making world 5 in DS look like a picnic.

Not too sure on this yet, it's really good ofcourse but so far I think I prefer the structure that demon souls had with the worlds and how those were designed. That could all change ofcourse once I get past this bit and onto somewhere else :lol:

Just beat the

Horned demon on the bridge. Got roasted by the dragon a couple of times and decided to call it a night. Anybody got any tips for getting past him? I made it to the middle one time and assumed he flew past me and ran out into a secondary roasting. :lol:

Haha

getting to the middle of the bridge was the goal, you must have walked right past a set of stairs to take you under the bridge