IGNORED

Dark Souls - Prepare To Die... You Died.

The Sarge

Got to level 16 on my cleric yesterday but really wasn't happy with the stats I allocated him, so I've restarted as a warrior, much more my style. Just killed the first mini-boss and got the...

Fang Boar Helm :hat: It looks ridiculously amazing.

Got to level 16 on my cleric yesterday but really wasn't happy with the stats I allocated him, so I've restarted as a warrior, much more my style. Just killed the first mini-boss and got the...

I never got that from him, what technique did you use? I mainly just backstabbed. I wonder if you have to hit hit in the head?

Yesssss.

Finally killed the boss in the sewers.

He became a bit easier once I learned that you're meant to keep your distance and once he drops his head, he can't change the direction of his charge. Bit of a tense one as well since I'd become human again as well.

Also had my first invasion too!. Poor guy thought he was all clever with his fancy armor and his sword which did poison damage. Wasn't feeling so smug when he walked into 2 backstabs. :ph34r:

I never got that from him, what technique did you use? I mainly just backstabbed. I wonder if you have to hit hit in the head?

The first time I killed him on my cleric I didn't get it, the second time on my warrior I did, I killed him the same way both times (backstabs)so I guess it's just a random chance.

WHAT!? There's an actual Boar's head in the game? The Unarmed Hero requires only that and a loincloth...and maybe a titty strip. :lol:

Try ghost land. Those bastards are fun.

I don't have any of that Cursed stuff that lets you whack Ghosts. Alternate methods?

There's a merchant that sells you some near the shortcut from:

The Hollows to Firelinks shrine, that small sewery bit before you enter Undead Burg for 4k a pop.

If you've never been there though, just before you go down the wooden boards across the water, there's a man in a pot who has 2 of them on his corpse. If you're lucky, the ghosts drop more of them while you work your way through...

Hooooly shit at that massive boss just past

the merchant in the sewers. Just after you leave the merchant and turn left up a stairway? That area? I summoned two people for fun, they clearly wanted to go down to this massive watery ground floor area, so I obliged and then - oh god - a cut scene kicked in. I was a total bystander in that battle, but we won! Awesome demon.

Nah nah.

It's as you head out towards the ruins. ~Just as the land gives way to the water and there's a thin wooden path leading out to them, there's some jars. He's in one of them.

Although, after having gone back there and getting slaughtered by about 15 of them, I wouldn't recommend it now. :facepalm:

Edit: To Curtis.

Edit: Oh, the merchant. Yeah he was.

No idea. I killed 5-6 with the default warrior sword before another dropped the jagged ghost blade which is stupid powerful but has lousy reach...

Edit: I suppose there is a chance I used one if it was on my quickbar whilst I was trying to drink an estus flask? I died a couple of times down there though, so if I did take one it clearly persists through death.

Keep us updated!

Thanks for that, and probably the neg. I was thinking of selling it on here for cheapish, seems that there's little want for it though. Ta!

Rush to shopping centre, wait 20 minutes before store opens, get a coffee, some breakfast.

Rush to shop, get game, 20 minutes.

Rush home, install game, 20 minutes

play game, dead - 5 minutes, big beast at start.

buying game to first death ratio 6:1

Anyway - Advice on what to do with my stats? Wanderer, loving the quick sword. I'm thinking Vit/Stam for the first lot, then move to dex/str?

omg cheers for my neg too!

(It wasn't actually me who negged you, 'cos I've used mine up for the day. :( )

Ah my unpopularity knows no bounds.

Just to go back to something Curtis and someone else (forget who, sorry) mentioned about that bloody snoring in the ruins just by Firelink Shrine.

I came back there last night and went in and sure enough somebody was snuffling and snoring away and even the onscreen txt for it. Was only in the room with the water in it though and once I left and came back it didn't repeat itself.

WTF?!?!?!?!

Just to go back to something Curtis and someone else (forget who, sorry) mentioned about that bloody snoring in the ruins just by Firelink Shrine.

I came back there last night and went in and sure enough somebody was snuffling and snoring away and even the onscreen txt for it. Was only in the room with the water in it though and once I left and came back it didn't repeat itself.

WTF?!?!?!?!

This happened to me too earlier today. WTF indeed!

YAAAAASSSSSSSSS

Crapra Demon, more like. Three of us took down the fucker, ended up resembling that cave troll scene from Lord of the Rings, three tiny men jumping all over this giant basty's back. Time to stick some titanite into this halberd, it's serving me quite well so far...

Haha I've just reached this boss, fucking hell. My first 7 or so deaths I don't think I got a single hit on him.

Is there a recommended Demon to take on once you're past the obligatory Taurus encounter? I've spent the past few hours roaming about opening various shortcuts and felling mini bosses, but I'm not sure where to head next.

I've made it to the...

...Capra Demon, but he's a right pain. Or rather his canine friends and the camera-snagging geometry are. As such I'd rather come back to him another time, unless he's my best option.