Dark Souls - Prepare To Die... You Died.

The Sarge

So if I were to give this tosh a go which format would be better? PS3 or PC?

If the answer is PC. Controller or MAK?

Thanks boys. :)

PC, use the DSFix mod to up the resolution. PS3 version is fine, but the framerate's really janky in a couple of areas where that's the last thing you need.

Always controller, never M&KB.

Some guy i know is doing a 24 hour gaming marathon for charity, and i was watching him via his stream, so i thought i'd boot up the PC version. I saw he was semi-struggling in Blighttown, so i messaged his Twitch channel and said "summon me at the tunnel bonfire". Lo-and-behold i saw myself in delayed time (on my laptop) get summoned, and it appeared on my TV. Such awesomeness!

Even stranger was the fact i killed Quelaag with a Crystal Homing Soulmass the instant she did her butt-explosion, killing the host. But he respawned at the bonfire with her soul. :huh:

Unless you specifically want to use the Grant (which is crap by the way), there's no point in mixing Faith with Strength.

You can do a Divine route on the usual heavy hitters like the Claymore or Zwei etc, but my fave is the Crescent Axe which you get for free.

If you do go Faith, make sure you can tackle Tomb of Giants, cause that's where the goodies are.

p.s. If you wanna go Strength, then the 'Demon's' range of weapons (Axe, Hammer, Machete) are so much fun! Use 'em!

Some guy i know is doing a 24 hour gaming marathon for charity, and i was watching him via his stream, so i thought i'd boot up the PC version. I saw he was semi-struggling in Blighttown, so i messaged his Twitch channel and said "summon me at the tunnel bonfire". Lo-and-behold i saw myself in delayed time (on my laptop) get summoned, and it appeared on my TV. Such awesomeness!

Even stranger was the fact i killed Quelaag with a Crystal Homing Soulmass the instant she did her butt-explosion, killing the host. But he respawned at the bonfire with her soul. :huh:

I'ma watching, big tings.

Haha so I went through the fog door and immediately regretted it. Gaping Dragon is one hell of a thing.

As far as I can see I've got three choices of ways to go. There's the catacombs entrance near Firelink Shrine, there's the path next to the bottom of Havel's watchtower where something crazy is going on in the background behind the crystal mans, and I just got the key to Blighttown. I've heard some shit about Blighttown.

Haha so I went through the fog door and immediately regretted it. Gaping Dragon is one hell of a thing.

As far as I can see I've got three choices of ways to go. There's the catacombs entrance near Firelink Shrine, there's the path next to the bottom of Havel's watchtower where something crazy is going on in the background behind the crystal mans, and I just got the key to Blighttown. I've heard some shit about Blighttown.

because its an arse. :)

am about to give sen's fortress a run. those bloody snakes!

What's the smartest way to build a warrior? I've been raising END (for stamina), STR and a bit in DEX. Also boosted RES once, because it boosted poison resistance by like 15pts O_O

No more Resistance.

I wouldn't recommend Strength and Dexterity together for a first run.

Either go Strength for massive single hits and superior guard break (smashing shields out of the way).

or Dexterity for weapons that allow for very quick hits that benefit more from the game's many buffs.

Most people that know the game, swear by Int Dex builds.

If you do specialize in Str or Dex, make sure to build a weapon that takes full advantage of your choice.

What's the smartest way to build a warrior? I've been raising END (for stamina), STR and a bit in DEX. Also boosted RES once, because it boosted poison resistance by like 15pts O_O

Although the starting weapons and stats at the beginning are different for each character there really is no other difference.

If you want a weapons based play through, its either going to be dex or strenght.

Basicly you need to plan what weapons you want to use and level up accordingly, say you decide on a dex build, you would level your strenght to the weapons/shield requirement, adding extra strenght won't help after this point unless you've picked a weapon that has a strenght bonus parameter.

I'd say a dex build is a good start, Great Scythe (level it to +15) and the Eagle Shield would be my choice with Quelaag's Furysword as good 2nd weapon.

Level dex and endurance up to 40, no real point in going further than that as the gains are minimal.

Vitality is up to you but aim for 25+

So seeing as how I've heard Sen's Fortress is a bast, I threw down my summon sign at the entrance so I could go through it with other people and get a feel for it.

I had to do this about ten times, because holy shit everyone just got wiped out every time we made it to a new room.

RLLMUK MORTALS GAME OF GENERATION - KILLINGS STOP TO CELEBRATIONS

1. Dark Souls - with 48 votes. Average placement: 2nd. Voted the greatest game of the generation by berties paw, catinthehat, charley farley, chris on the moon, danbot, dood, Droo, erhgiez, F, lewismistreated, Made of Ghosts, Mr. Jeff, MrEPotato, nfx, omus, Polmon, poppa_f, Ren, sexton_hardcastle, Stoikovich, Vorgot and winky.

AND YET, NONE OF YOU ARE SAFE FLESHBAGS

I am extremely late to the party on this one, but I just started playing Dark Souls on xbox 360 and so far love it. I was really put off by how hard the game was reported as being, but it’s really not too bad (so far at least). In a weird way it reminds me of playing something like Super Mario on the SNES, where I found myself replaying levels multiple times but never got bored of them or felt that I failed because of anything but my own impatience/lack of skill.

Anyway I’m already seriously hooked in a way I haven’t been on a game since Skyrim. I’m currently pottering around Undead Burg picking up Souls and upgrading equipment. Before I go too far in the wrong direction character wise, can anyone offer some tips on what are the best stats to level up, tips on weapons and spells etc. I’m a generic warrior right now. I have the light crossbow and a Scimitar and fairly decent shield (can’t remember which one). Thanks!

I am extremely late to the party on this one, but I just started playing Dark Souls on xbox 360 and so far love it. I was really put off by how hard the game was reported as being, but it’s really not too bad (so far at least). In a weird way it reminds me of playing something like Super Mario on the SNES, where I found myself replaying levels multiple times but never got bored of them or felt that I failed because of anything but my own impatience/lack of skill.

Anyway I’m already seriously hooked in a way I haven’t been on a game since Skyrim. I’m currently pottering around Undead Burg picking up Souls and upgrading equipment. Before I go too far in the wrong direction character wise, can anyone offer some tips on what are the best stats to level up, tips on weapons and spells etc. I’m a generic warrior right now. I have the light crossbow and a Scimitar and fairly decent shield (can’t remember which one). Thanks!

Rather than give you a full blown out explanation, i would try to get the winged spear (13 strenght, 15 dex) and the claymore (16 strenght, 10 dex)

The spear is in the graveyard near the firelink shrine so a death run will be required to get it, the claymore is on the bridge where the red dragon sits, you'll need to lure him down and then run past him.

Both those weapons level well but you should also get the drake sword, unleveled its the undisputed king in the first 3rd of the game.

After you have the required strenght and dex for these weapons i would concentrate on endurance with a little vitality thrown in.

Endurance is required for everything so its never a bad stat to level up, well until you hit 40.

I've never played this before, thought I'd give it a punt after it got voted number 1 in Wiper's thread...

0suo.jpg

So good! Still getting royally destroyed in Undead Burg but it's all my fault so I just can't stop trying one more time

Rather than give you a full blown out explanation, i would try to get the winged spear (13 strenght, 15 dex) and the claymore (16 strenght, 10 dex)

The spear is in the graveyard near the firelink shrine so a death run will be required to get it, the claymore is on the bridge where the red dragon sits, you'll need to lure him down and then run past him.

Both those weapons level well but you should also get the drake sword, unleveled its the undisputed king in the first 3rd of the game.

After you have the required strenght and dex for these weapons i would concentrate on endurance with a little vitality thrown in.

Endurance is required for everything so its never a bad stat to level up, well until you hit 40.

Thanks for the tips. I already did a death run in the graveyard and got the Zweihander, must have missed the winged spear.