IGNORED

Dark Souls - Prepare To Die... You Died.

The Sarge

Hmm, I'll try again. Thanks guys. It didn't help that it was me vs two of them. I went in, weapon swinging, only for it to bounce off ineffectually. The golem looked down at me, swung his sword and lopped off half my health. While down, the other cast a spell which slowed me down to a speed approximately similar to that of a snail. After about 20 minutes my character stood up and switched to his trusty Catalyst. "This'll work!" I thought as he eventually fired. It took off 15 HP.

Needless to say, I didn't win.

It's ghastly when people tell you a certain boss is easy but there is a fairly straightforward approach to Taurus

Climb the ladder and take out the two archers first, Then look at your gear - consider taking off any heavy armour or weapons to maximise speed of movement. Equip a light weapon with max damage (I had the thief's dagger which is great for this). Go onto the bridge until T spawns. Immediately turn round and run back to the ladder and up. T will stay at the bottom for a few seconds so jump off and hit RB on contact - this should take off 30-40% in one go . Then, the safest way is to run to the end of the bridge with T following, roll past him and up the ladder again but don't delay your jump as he will climb up more quickly. 3 goes should be enough.

You don't need to fight the black knight but you can lure him out to grab the ring which is worth having.

All excellent advice, I figured out the lunge attack maneuver (although I've not yet been able to pull it off without hilarious plunging to death results) - such an interesting game (even death doesn't really bother me) - I do love how the game completely punishes you for any sort of impatience..

All excellent advice, I figured out the lunge attack maneuver (although I've not yet been able to pull it off without hilarious plunging to death results) - such an interesting game (even death doesn't really bother me) - I do love how the game completely punishes you for any sort of impatience..

Completely! Here's me at one point last night:

"Ahh, ffs, died at the Taurus demon again, but I was so close! I am just going to smash through the hollow warriors in the way and get right back there, I'm gonna do it this ti-" *killed by first hollow warrior, next to the stairs near the bonfire*. 1500 souls lost.

(I then went at that hollow fucker like a nutter, lunge-attacked and fell off the stairs to my doom. It took me four more deaths to even GET to have another crack at the Taurus, as I slowly calmed down and approached it methodically. Then I breezed past the demon. "Yay, celebrate! Joy! I'm getting good at thi-" *dragon flames. charcoal. cinders*

"Fucking game! 2am? Bah, work's not for 4 hours yet...now, how the fuck do you kill a dragon...?"

Completely! Here's me at one point last night:

"Ahh, ffs, died at the Taurus demon again, but I was so close! I am just going to smash through the hollow warriors in the way and get right back there, I'm gonna do it this ti-" *killed by first hollow warrior, next to the stairs near the bonfire*. 1500 souls lost.

(I then went at that hollow fucker like a nutter, lunge-attacked and fell off the stairs to my doom. It took me four more deaths to even GET to have another crack at the Taurus, as I slowly calmed down and approached it methodically. Then I breezed past the demon. "Yay, celebrate! Joy! I'm getting good at thi-" *dragon flames. charcoal. cinders*

"Fucking game! 2am? Bah, work's not for 4 hours yet...now, how the fuck do you kill a dragon...?"

Haha, jesus, sounds like you're me.. (I've also been laughing myself silly at some of the "bloodstain ghosts" (remember I have no manual so absolutely no idea what's what) - watching them in the middle of a big invisible battle and then stepping off a cliff. Had me in stitches a fair few times. (haha, look at that wanker!) it's highly cathartic in reducing my death rage.

Question about enhancing weapons and the Bandit class:

is it worth me upgrading the battle axe? I've just got the halberd, but it looks like a two handed weapon, not a shield and wield kind of thing. I'm not sure how often the game will throw axe-like upgrades at me so I don't want to wast Titanite.

I'm a warrior so I don't know if that makes a difference but I can shield and wield a Halberd at 20 strength.

As for Titanite, the blacksmith next to the church in Undead Parish sells it for 800 a pop. A number very quick to farm in and around the church.

How do you do the separate jump? It comes out by accident but I have no clue how.

I'm a warrior so I don't know if that makes a difference but I can shield and wield a Halberd at 20 strength.

As for Titanite, the blacksmith next to the church in Undead Parish sells it for 800 a pop. A number very quick to farm in and around the church.

How do you do the separate jump? It comes out by accident but I have no clue how.

Run holding down b, then release and tap b again when you want to jump

If you're doing the invading you deserve to die and I have no sympathy for you whatsoever 8)

Invading is usually easier than being invaded, the net code is piss poor so I can do the same to them. run round the back and backstab while they seem to hang there. It's like trying to play a streetfighter game but with a play by mail latency. :(

Invading is usually easier than being invaded, the net code is piss poor so I can do the same to them. run round the back and backstab while they seem to hang there. It's like trying to play a streetfighter game but with a play by mail latency. :(

Yeah i did some coop too and got a fair whack of lag. I wish theyd just gone down the dedicated servers route. Demons souls was fine for me, even with my awful O2 BB connection

Been playing this for a while now, despite not having actually done much. Too busy exploring a little and grabbing items rather than doing bosses. Highlights include...

Defeating guy at bottom of stairs in Undead Burg. You use master key to open door, and this guy one hits you everytime. He does however have a massive wind up, so you can poke him to death with a stick over a period of 15 minutes (hey I'm using a +3 Halberd). Then drops ring which ups your equip by a large amount. Cue actually wearing armour.

Going past that door with above dead guy and finding a forest type place. Casually facing off against some tough as hell ice golem things, and hearing a loud sound. Water. At high speed. OH CRA...[DEAD] Some ruddy hydra thing. At least the water kills the golems. So next time, I Leroy Jenkins it. Get up close. Stops shooting water, starts trying to bite my face off. Only my awesome heater shield tanks all the damage. Heads get a taste of Drake Sword and one overgrown hosepipe goes down.

Beating Taurus Demon and then attempting many times to try to get to next bonfire. Took forever. Past the rats, beat the armoured hog thing, avoid some cape knighta and finally get to it by the Blacksmith near the chapel. Even used a humanity to keep health up as I was done on Estus. Join private chat with friend, helping him get past dragon after Taurus Demon. "Oh, there's a ladder here under the bridge. Oh, leads to the Berg bonfire." WAT. I'd been going from bonfire in Undead Berg, all the way through the enemies, over then under the bridge and through the chapel after every death. NNRRRGGGHHHHHHHH.

THIS FUCKING GAME :D

Hmmm, question about Sen's Fortress:

So I found the device which changes the direction the balls roll in and set it so the fly out the reaar of the place and not down the corridors. So how is it that when I left it and went down another route, I got smushed into paste? Is there more than one or something?

Hmmm, question about Sen's Fortress:

So I found the device which changes the direction the balls roll in and set it so the fly out the reaar of the place and not down the corridors. So how is it that when I left it and went down another route, I got smushed into paste? Is there more than one or something?

Annoyingly, it'll revert back to its starting position when you walk a fair distance away from it. I can only imagine it's supposed to be a similar situation to the portcullis in Undead Parish - an enemy setting the trap again after you've disarmed it.

You do get an amazing ring in that area though...

Beating Taurus Demon and then attempting many times to try to get to next bonfire. Took forever. Past the rats, beat the armoured hog thing, avoid some cape knighta and finally get to it by the Blacksmith near the chapel. Even used a humanity to keep health up as I was done on Estus. Join private chat with friend, helping him get past dragon after Taurus Demon. "Oh, there's a ladder here under the bridge. Oh, leads to the Berg bonfire." WAT. I'd been going from bonfire in Undead Berg, all the way through the enemies, over then under the bridge and through the chapel after every death. NNRRRGGGHHHHHHHH.

That's amazing. :)

You know you could have always just...

Run past the dragon on the bridge (just heal in the alcove half way along). Then he flies away and there's a bonfire RIGHT THERE.

THIS FUCKING GAME! :)

I'm finding the running jump quite useful for dodging certain attacks, seems to cover ground faster than rolling. (post-Blighttown spoilers)

Like jumping behind/away from the wide arc of Quelaag's blade, I had to whittle down the last quarter of her health bar one hit and no Estus away from death, pretty intense! Switched from the Drake Sword back to the Zweihander (now at +5) for Sen's Fortress, knockdown works really well on the DK-mode lizardmans. Reached the bonfire in the area where the golem-things are throwing exploding balls and decided to call it a night. Lovely area so far, and apparently the views get better?! Man! :wub: