IGNORED

Dark Souls - Prepare To Die... You Died.

The Sarge

Wanna know something really annoying? The door he guards leads to - yep, you guessed it! - Darkroot Gardens!* :lol:

*Technically Darkroot Basin, but it's still the same neck of the woods. Ha! Geddit? Woods! Cus it's full of trees! Ha!

I dont think that key is for that door, as i had opened that door before i got that key?

Logistically, I can't even fathom how that works without a Portal Gun.

My head hurts.

EDIT: Sneaky edit there Systemic. I've not tried the Basin yet so my head hurts slightly less.

Basin is part of/right next to Darkroot Garden. As you enter the garden from by the blacksmith, just past the first tree man but before the others, if you turn back on yourself you see the entrance. Just be careful - the path is a bit narrow as you make your way down.

And yes, the key does open the door by penis knight. It's the watchtower key. That's the watchtower :P

So finally got some more play time with this again last night but started after getting in from wk knackered, stressed and only half with it. Cue the rage 15mins later as I was getting knobbled by easy (relatively) enemies and just nowt happening. I switched it off in disgust and had some dinner...all the while thinking about it still.

After satisfying my hunger and unable to ignore it I settled back down in a far more relaxed mood to play again and I got some progress. :)

Anyway, I opened up much more of Darkroot Basin and Garden, few weapons and rings and found the main(?) entrance to Valley Of The Drakes (think we'll leave that till later). I'm struggling on where to go next though. Where the hell is the entrance to Blightown, I've found the back way in via Valley Of The Drakes but have no idea where the main(?) entrance is?

Also I'm lvl24 but I don't fell particularly happy with my build. Started as a pyromancer for access to the flame but have sort of ignored that and initially spread points across all (I always do that for some reason) then have been piling points into strength, endurance and dex now but still don't feel that able. Not happy with my armour as well, put on full chain mail armour and it was v slow and from what I can discern my leather stuff is actually better - how doe sthat work?

One last qu, where is a good place to mine shards as I have a huge 2 only so far and could really do with sorting my weapons out...

Im stuck in every single place now, can someone suggest the easiest/best place for me to tackle first?

Undead burg- stuck at the Capra demon. finding it difficult but mainly due to getting stuck in the scenery or stuck in a corner >_<

Londo ruins- Do I need transient souls to enter here? I cant damage the ghosts otherwise

Firewhatever ruins- stuck at the skeletons, cant harm them as dont have a divine weapon

Drakes passage- Can barely scratch the mini dragons here. If I go through the tunnel there are two trolls that I dont seem to damage at all

Darkroot basin- The hydra nails me in one shot

People keep talking about blightown, the catacombs, the depths.... are these parts much further on as I havent seen any of them?

Any tips/advice gratefully appreciated :(

Basin is part of/right next to Darkroot Garden. As you enter the garden from by the blacksmith, just past the first tree man but before the others, if you turn back on yourself you see the entrance. Just be careful - the path is a bit narrow as you make your way down.

And yes, the key does open the door by penis knight. It's the watchtower key. That's the watchtower :P

I just opened the door. Using the other side. I saw Penis Knight (nice name!) watching me from the entryway so I ran as fast as I could in the opposite direction. *shudder* Why won't he just leave me alone?

Im stuck in every single place now, can someone suggest the easiest/best place for me to tackle first?

Undead burg- stuck at the Capra demon. finding it difficult but mainly due to getting stuck in the scenery or stuck in a corner >_<

Londo ruins- Do I need transient souls to enter here? I cant damage the ghosts otherwise

Firewhatever ruins- stuck at the skeletons, cant harm them as dont have a divine weapon

Drakes passage- Can barely scratch the mini dragons here. If I go through the tunnel there are two trolls that I dont seem to damage at all

People keep talking about blightown, the catacombs, the depths.... are these parts much further on as I havent seen any of them?

I can't stress how much you want to invite people in, mainly because I'm one of the buggers who wants in.

Ok, here goes!

Undead Burg

The capra demon is mostly made difficult because of his dogs and the lack of space available. Raise your guard as soon as you walk in and quickly move to the left or right. Try not to get pinned up a wall (difficult, I know) and don't let the dogs hit you in the back. I'd recommend NOT locking on here. The way I did it was to run up the steps at the back left of the room and then out onto the little ledge. I then one shot the dogs as they came up and the Capra demon fell off trying to attack me, allowing me to do a powerful drop attack on him. I also threw some fire bombs at him for good measure. Otherwise, once he runs up and goes to attack you, drop off the ledge. When he drops down after you, it takes him a few seconds to right himself and get back to trying to smush you, so attack his back, before running up the steps and repeating. I did it without getting hit at all with this method.

Londo Ruins

You need the transient curse or a ghost blade to hurt the ghosts. You can buy transient curses from the merchant in the cistern tunnel off Firelink shrine - the one you go into to get to Undead Burg. To open up the shortcut leading to the merchant and a quicker way of getting to both lower undead burg and the Capra demon, when you are at the capra demon's door, go right down the steps. Follow the passageway round and you will see some steps up to a door - open it, go up and unlock all the doors you come across and you will end up in the other end of that sewer pipe. The merchant behind the bars sells transient souls. Make sure to run to the midway point of the sewer pipe to open the gate and the shortcut it creates.

Firewhatever Ruins

Leave this bit for now

Valley of the Drakes

I've not explored in here too much as my weapon didn't do much damage to them. I did 'kill' a couple when they flung themselves off the bridge and into the abyss below, though, the twats.

Darkroot Basin

THe hydra is actually unbelievably easy - as long as one of the projectiles doesn't hit you! Best way to do it is to lure all the tinfoil men to you rather than going to them. A well-placed arrow to the bit where their face should be works wonders for this. Anyway, once they're dead, peg it as quick as you can down the right hand side of the area - there are some handy rocks and trees that block the Hydra's projectiles, but don't get too close as you may die due to splash damage! Anyways, once you've made it to the water's edge, keeping to the right hand side, you'll notice there is a rocky outcrop than you can stand on. If you stand here the Hydra will stop shooting projectiles and just try and smush you, but if you get the sweet spot he can't actually hit you at all and this leaves you free to lop off all his heads as he slams them down! Again, beat him without getting hit using this technique!

As for the other parts:

Blighttown - don't know haven't found it yet

The Catacombs - as above

The depths - You get a key that lets you in when you kill the Capra demon, so you gotta do that first, sorry!!!

Best of luck!

Edit: Oh, and the reason you'd already unlocked the door to Penis Knight before getting the watchtower key was because you obviously chose the Master Key as your gift at the start ;)

Advice please.

Okay, I've done the Undead Burg, Undead Parish, rang the bell there and defeated the Capra Demon. Should I try the Catacombs or the Depths next? Or should I return to Darkroot Gardens where I got my ass kicked yesterday?

I don't like dark places. :(

I'm disappointed that no-one replied to this as I'm facing this exact dilemma :lol:

I did gardens, then Depths and then now I am in the Catacombs, hiding in a corner bricking it while I type this :)

I did the catacombs today. Those wheel skeletons are a royal pain, but the boss was easy enough. 3 Fire Orbs is all it took! :lol: I'm going to go explore the New Londo ruins before I press any further into the

Tomb of the Giants though.

I'm going to go explore the New Londo ruins before I press any further into the

Tomb of the Giants though.

There's not a lot to the New Londo Ruins that I found. Think I need to go back there though.

That second place though; fuck that place. That's more of a 5-2 than Blighttown ever will be.

There's not a lot to the New Londo Ruins that I found. Think I need to go back there though.

That second place though; fuck that place. That's more of a 5-2 than Blighttown ever will be.

There's plenty more

once you've drained the water. But the only way out seems to be the Abyss. I'm assuming i need a special item to get down there?

Catacombs mid-way Spoiler-ish help wanted.

Shortly after seeing the second bonfire through a gap in a wall (no idea if i can get that yet) there is a spiral staircase downwards that just... ends. I can see an item on a ledge waaaaaay down if i get the camera just right, is that a lucky jump/drop type one to get and then die after? or I will get down lower later?

There's plenty more

once you've drained the water. But the only way out seems to be the Abyss. I'm assuming i need a special item to get down there?

How the fuck do you drain the water? I got so far past the wizard guy but then encountered a locked door and a lift that was lowered already?

Edit: Also, to make it down to the Abyss, you'll probably need the item which drops from the second Darkroot Gardens boss.

Catacombs mid-way Spoiler-ish help wanted.

Shortly after seeing the second bonfire through a gap in a wall (no idea if i can get that yet) there is a spiral staircase downwards that just... ends. I can see an item on a ledge waaaaaay down if i get the camera just right, is that a lucky jump/drop type one to get and then die after? or I will get down lower later?

If you can survive it, there's a couple of ledges down there and then one final drop which leads to a....pleasant surprise. It's good, honest. Just when you exit from there be very, very, very careful.

Fwwwwwwwark you guys weren't kidding about Blighttown, finally made it to the second fire. playing a pyro but i'm boosting my melee up now, too many long runs with not enough magic stocks, I need a decent back up.

Also does the Pyro flame fist really scale up with INT at some point, because I have 17int (SL34) and +11 catalyst but my punch still does 10dmg?

I started over again, I wanted the Master Key instead of this stupid ring I got. Also changed from Warrior to Wanderer because I wanted a character more nimble. So now I've restarted 3 times. Hopefully this'll be the last time :lol: At least I ploughed through the Asylum in about 2 minutes now.

I picked the binoculars. :doh: What a waste of time they are.

Am I the only one that finds this a bit confusing when you start? Things aren't really explained properly. What's this hollowing business? Do I just need to keep killing things to get souls and; well what do Souls do just level you up?

Am I the only one who finds people negging this comment a bit confusing twattish?

Great game mind.

How the fuck do you drain the water? I got so far past the wizard guy but then encountered a locked door and a lift that was lowered already?

Edit: Also, to make it down to the Abyss, you'll probably need the item which drops from the second Darkroot Gardens boss.

You on about the

Wolf? That fucker looked mean!

Also, i killed the Red Wizard on the roof of the Ruins for the Valve Key.

If you can survive it, there's a couple of ledges down there and then one final drop which leads to a....pleasant surprise. It's good, honest. Just when you exit from there be very, very, very careful.

Cheers! but...oh gods where am I now...

You on about the

Wolf? That fucker looked mean!

Also, i killed the Red Wizard on the roof of the Ruins for the Valve Key.

That's the one! And he is very, very mean. I posted some advice for him a few pages back but it basically boils down to: Take it slow, keep your distance and don't underestimate his attacks.

But you'll be fine! You're Curtis after all! You'll fuck his shit up no problems. ;)