IGNORED

Dark Souls - Prepare To Die... You Died.

The Sarge

Unhollowed aka human aka alive

You're alive! You do not look like a corpse! To do this, find some humanity, use it (so the number next to your health bar reads something other than 00) and select 'reverse hollowing' at a bonfire

Can:

Kindle a bonfire to get more flasks

Summon other people to help you

Invade other games

Cannot:

Be summoned into someone else's game

I'm currently sat outside of the Taurus Demon entrance Human and at level 8, apart from standing here bricking it, do I need to do anything to invite someone tell my poor ass? Some soapstone I don't get until after the frikkin' Taurus Demon?

Anybody care to drop their class, lvl & stats on the page?

I'd and I'm sure others would be really interested to see what builds ppl have (and may put my mind to rest on my build so far).

I'll put mine up when I get home...

I'm currently sat outside of the Taurus Demon entrance Human and at level 8, apart from standing here bricking it, do I need to do anything to invite someone tell my poor ass? Some soapstone I don't get until after the frikkin' Taurus Demon?

The very next sentient being you meet after him is the one who gives you the ability to summon if I remember right.

Unhollowed aka human aka alive

You're alive! You do not look like a corpse! To do this, find some humanity, use it (so the number next to your health bar reads something other than 00) and select 'reverse hollowing' at a bonfire. If you die in human form (which you will, eventually), then you come back as undead form at your last bonfire.

Can:

Kindle a bonfire to get more flasks

Summon other people to help you

Invade other games

Cannot:

Be summoned into someone else's game

Good post, but this part isn't the case. Unhollowed/human players can still be summoned into other players' games (a change to the way it worked in Demon's Souls).

Anybody care to drop their class, lvl & stats on the page?

I'd and I'm sure others would be really interested to see what builds ppl have (and may put my mind to rest on my build so far).

I'll put mine up when I get home...

Wanderer - Level 8

Right Hand: Scimitar

Left Hand: Heater Shield

Head: Wanderer Hood

Body: Wanderer Coat

Arms: Wanderer Manchette

Legs: Wanderer Boots

Ring: Blue Tearstone Ring.

The very next sentient being you meet after him is the one who gives you the ability to summon if I remember right.

Mother.

Fucker.

But you'll be fine! You're Curtis after all! You'll fuck his shit up no problems. ;)

Went down without a hitch. I also wiped out 5 invaders whilst trekking through the woods. Poor souls don't know about Fire Uchi +5 in one-hand and Great Cumbustion (same as Ignite, from Demons) in the other. No shield required. Just old skool tactics of rush, thrust, one, two slashes, flame fingers! Deadsville! :ph34r:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA! The cunt is down! I honestly thought my ass was toast as one hit scrambling up the ladder for that sweet final blow but he missed!

Press Back Button

Select Joy

Press A

Oh man, I just saw some poor sod's blood stain and after four epic rolls out the way he runs off the side to his doom. This game.

So after 3 attempts beat the Taurus demon god thank fuck for that and then only to die right after! :facepalm:

Really enjoying the game so far although have not been able to put as much time into this as i would have liked.

Question about undead burg though?

Is there a ring that can be obtained before fighting Taurus demon? I think i may have missed it?

BTW :hat: to Curtis and Ann Coulter and anybody else who have managed to reach lvl 50+ by now, i will hopefully get there by xmas.

So after 3 attempts beat the Taurus demon god thank fuck for that and then only to die right after! :facepalm:

Really enjoying the game so far although have not been able to put as much time into this as i would have liked.

Question about undead burg though?

Is there a ring that can be obtained before fighting Taurus demon? I think i may have missed it?

Excellent work on the Taurus Demon sir.

Regards to your spoiler:

If you defeat the scary Knight with his back to you, there's a corpse you can plunder for the Blue Tearstone Ring. Which boosts DEF while HP is low.

Excellent work on the Taurus Demon sir.

Regards to your spoiler:

If you defeat the scary Knight with his back to you, there's a corpse you can plunder for the Blue Tearstone Ring. Which boosts DEF while HP is low.

Is that the only one there? I thought i read you have to jump over to some area, although i must be wrong.

Level 58 now and struggling to find people to summon/be summoned by. Not sure if my level is too low or too high. There must be loads of people in the 50s and 60s now. Strange.

What Covenant are you in?

It'll be easier to find helpers if you're in 'Way of The White' or 'Princess's Guard' - seeing as how they're specifically for players wanting to help others online.

I had plenty of assistance with the first section of Anor Londro, earlier. ;)

No surprises that every single player on my 'Recently Met' list is Japanese.

I liked Demon's Souls a lot but this really is one of the best games I've ever played. Top 10, maybe in the upper half of that. It's compelling like nothing else. Now I've rung the first bell and it's opened up a bit I'm starting to think I'm somebody, which is a mistake and will lead to many humbling deaths, but it's so much fun to go back to bits that were hard before and one-hit every bastard with the occasional 360-degree halberd flourish for the crowd.

I love the thrill of finding new shit. Today I got some 1337 armour that's leaps ahead of what I had before. Kind of want some sweet-ass shield to replace my dinged-up Heater but it's light, durable and blocks 100% physical so I can't really ask much more at this stage.

I love setting little goals for myself and reaching them. After getting the armour today I knew I would have to go back to the tower just before the Taurus Demon to kill that fellow at the bottom for his ring. Not essential, miles away from where I probably should be going to progress but it seemed like something I'd regret if I didn't. And...

...I love how you can cheese some of the bosses.

That guy slaughtered me the first few times as I'm terrible at rolling and backstabbing. So I had him chase me to the level where I came in to give me a bit more space with the intention of goading him into attacking, skipping back and giving him a cheeky poke with the halberd as he recovered. I estimated that I could probably do it by the time I backed up all the way to the sewer at the start of Undead Burg because it takes so little off :D Happily he won't go beyond the stairs up to that tower though so you can just keep him in that area and he's a doddle. 3000 souls and a rad ring, ya dancer.

It'll be easier to find helpers if you're in 'Way of The White' or 'Princess's Guard' - seeing as how they're specifically for players wanting to help others online.

I'm in Princess' Guard and the number of soul signs I see outside a boss portal is crazy, I can literally pick 2 people based on if I like their name or not there are that many ^_^ And that's at level 50-60 too.

I cleared out demon ruins and the zone after it, was pretty easy if you realise you can..

pull one enemy at a time

I'm not sure where to go now, I saw 3 orange gates open after Anor Londo and I know where only 1 is (dukes archive).

The depths were, dare I say it.....easy :unsure: I didn't die until the boss and even he only took a couple of goes to completely suss out. Good thing too because the NPC you can summon is hopeless in that fight. I now have nearly 40,000 souls and I'm terrified of losing them. I'm going to go buy the forest crest, buy some magic and do some leveling up. I really need to up either my strength or dexterity to use some of these weapons I'm getting.

Is there some kind of system where you gain humanity from other online players who die near you? I ask because my humanity somehow went from 0 to 3 during the course of that boss fight.

No surprises that every single player on my 'Recently Met' list is Japanese.

Ah, I'm in Darkmoon covenant or something. How do I join Princess's Guard? Spoiler if necessary, of course.

Ah, I'm in Darkmoon covenant or something. How do I join Princess's Guard? Spoiler if necessary, of course.

Sorry, i meant 'Warrior of Sunlight', but they're all the white/nice ones, if you know what i mean. lol!

Shall i link the wiki page?

*Edit* It's pretty straight forward

Joining Princess' Guard: After defeating Smough and Ornstein in Anore Londo, speak with Gwynevere to enter this covenant.

The depths were, dare I say it.....easy :unsure: I didn't die until the boss and even he only took a couple of goes to completely suss out. Good thing too because the NPC you can summon is hopeless in that fight.

I found I could summon 2 NPCs there:

Solaire and Lautrec. Solaire's summon sign is pretty obvious but Lautrec's is hidden just round the big circular column next to the stairs down to the boss. I don't know what conditions need to be fulfilled to summon him but I'm in the Way of the White and let him out of his cell.

One on his own or both together were pretty rubbish, but one and another player worked out okay for me.

Catacombs

HAHA One headless stone statue thing twatted! Well, sniped with a bow like a coward anyways gaining me some bizarro halberd staff

Whats next in the Catacombs then?

oh I see

Falling down a hole and meeting a Black Knight... Oh well anything rather than fighting those cartwheel skeletons again!

The depths were, dare I say it.....easy :unsure: I didn't die until the boss and even he only took a couple of goes to completely suss out. Good thing too because the NPC you can summon is hopeless in that fight. I now have nearly 40,000 souls and I'm terrified of losing them. I'm going to go buy the forest crest, buy some magic and do some leveling up.

I found them fairly easy even with a guy invading me half way and proper scaring the crap out of me.

If you buy the forest crest...

have some spare change nearby for your swearing box

I found I could summon 2 NPCs there:

Solaire and Lautrec. Solaire's summon sign is pretty obvious but Lautrec's is hidden just round the big circular column next to the stairs down to the boss. I don't know what conditions need to be fulfilled to summon him but I'm in the Way of the White and let him out of his cell.

One on his own or both together were pretty rubbish, but one and another player worked out okay for me.

I had

killed him quite a few hours before! Whenever I walked past him at the shrine I was always reading messages about being wary of him and I was worried he was gonna fuck shit up.