IGNORED

Dark Souls - Prepare To Die... You Died.

The Sarge

Was checking out the book of the guilty thing and found a player called 'Alcoholaddict'. Anyway he was only level 35 but had 99 in all his stats and some armour

that made him look like a bad ass skeleton and was called dark wraith - also he had like a billion souls

Has he edited his save file somehow or is this some quirk of the game?

Am soo loving this game - got to the point where I was scared to leave the bonfire but you just can't help yorself.

Bandit, Soul Level 23 atm, fourth restart. Loving it.

MH: Black Knight Sword/ Crystal Greatsword (depending.. will be getting Pike too)

OH: Dragon Crest Shield/ Spider Shield/ Crystal Shield (again, depending on what I need..)

Helm: Boar Helm

Rings: Havels Ring, Ring Of The Evil Eye

Kicking ass*, and taking no names.

*Apart from the times I get that little bit too cocky...

Was checking out the book of the guilty thing and found a player called 'Alcoholaddict'. Anyway he was only level 35 but had 99 in all his stats and some armour

that made him look like a bad ass skeleton and was called dark wraith - also he had like a billion souls

Has he edited his save file somehow or is this some quirk of the game?

Am soo loving this game - got to the point where I was scared to leave the bonfire but you just can't help yorself.

Not possible cos you gain a level every time you put a point in a stat. He probably capped himself at SL35 so he can greif lower levels, what a prick :angry:

With over 110,000 souls in my pocket, I head off to see a Blighttown vendor with great trepidation... I'm going to fall off something, aren't I?

Bit scary, isn't it? I'm rocking 97,000 at the moment. Nearly reached that 114,000! I figure it's better to absolve myself of sin now, right? It's only gonna cost more as I level up.

Catacombs

have i missed a really obvious shortcut back out? Sure people said about avoiding tomb of the giants for now but having done the Catacombs boss thats where I am now..and its a bit...dark.

Once you kill the boss, you climb the ladder to escape and follow the side of the rim round to the left, it leads you to a tunnel which drops you out back near the catacombs again.

Then you have to climb all the way out....

Interesting fact: the area you fight that boss is a coffin.

Another fun fact, the stone statues of people you see down in the depths that look like they're covered in crystal? Those are other players that died to curse.

Additionally: Seriously, fuck the guy that made the Tomb. He is one sick puppy.

Not possible cos you gain a level every time you put a point in a stat. He probably capped himself at SL35 so he can greif lower levels, what a prick :angry:

I think he means he's edited the save to give him max everything and the soul level is set to 35. 360 only though as far as I can tell.

Ok got this today put 5 hours in but can't get anywhere.

Dear MUK gods help!

I can do the Asylum no problem, did not die once have done it on a Rogue, Pyromancer and knight.

Then I get to where the bird drops me and get told to go up or down, up is through the ruins but ends in dead ends. Down takes me down to a graveyard with about 7 skeletons in.

If I am lucky I kill two and die, if unlucky I can't kill anything.

I am sure I must be missing something obvious, can't believe I can do the intro without dieting once and then can't move 10 meters from the starting zone without constant raping.

Also is ther no jump button?

In short help!

Bit scary, isn't it? I'm rocking 97,000 at the moment. Nearly reached that 114,000! I figure it's better to absolve myself of sin now, right? It's only gonna cost more as I level up.

I've switched sides - i'm now with the Princess's Guard.

It was her monumentus jugs that swayed the decision. lol!

Finally found the Giant Blacksmith too. Disappointing though. I'm thinking about eating all these boss souls, cause a quick check of the wiki confirms all the special weapons are as wank as the ones in Demon's Souls. Difference being, this time you're supposed to be running around with 30 Humanity in the bank, just to get a semi-decent buff. Pfft!

So, where next?

Ok got this today put 5 hours in but can't get anywhere.

Dear MUK gods help!

I can do the Asylum no problem, did not die once have done it on a Rogue, Pyromancer and knight.

Then I get to where the bird drops me and get told to go up or down, up is through the ruins but ends in dead ends. Down takes me down to a graveyard with about 7 skeletons in.

If I am lucky I kill two and die, if unlucky I can't kill anything.

I am sure I must be missing something obvious, can't believe I can do the intro without dieting once and then can't move 10 meters from the starting zone without constant raping.

Also is ther no jump button?

In short help!

You want to go up. From the Firelink bonfire, head right. As right as you can possibly go. There's a massive stone spiral staircase that takes you up to Undead Burg - that's where you want to start.

As for jumping - while you're sprinting, press the sprint button again - wheeeee.

Was checking out the book of the guilty thing and found a player called 'Alcoholaddict'. Anyway he was only level 35 but had 99 in all his stats

It'll be one of those FromSoftware guys who were invading early adopters as a punishment. They had max stats of 99, but low levels (in order to stay within level range for invasion). ;)

I'm going to go buy the forest crest, buy some magic and do some leveling up. I really need to up either my strength or dexterity to use some of these weapons I'm getting.

The place behind the forest door is great for farming souls, they give high amounts and you've got the bonfire right outside. There's also a way to make it much quicker and easier, a bit cheap but then it's just making up for Blighttown. ;)

Now that I can get to the Blacksmith in Anor Londo I've been looking into finally turning the boss souls into equipment. Just got the Greatshield of Artorais which is ridiculously powerful, seemed to have blocked nearly everything so far and it uses very little stamina when doing so, next is Quelaag's Furysword.

Found a list of all the rare weapons, it's a trophy/achievement to get them all, :o shows how to obtain/make them and what you need. Good to finally put those boss souls to use.

Ghost Blade:

New Londo Ruins. Dropped by female ghosts.

Priscilla's Dagger:

Painted world of Ariamis. You must cut off the tail of Priscilla th crossbread, boss of Painted World to get this weapon.

Silver Knight Straight Sword:

Anor Londo. Dropped by Silver knights.

Drake Sword:

Undead Burg. Shoot the tail of of the Red Drake guarding the bridge.

Stone Greatsword:

Darkroot Garden. Dropped by the great stone knights before the butterfly boss fight.

AlejandroM wrote: And you can get that Stone Greatsword by purchasing it from Shiva of the East. Just join the Cat Covenant and go to the bottom of the wheel elevator in Blighttown.

Greatsword of Artorias:

You must Ascend a +10 weapon with the soul of Sif, The Great Gray Wolf.

--Compatible Weapons--

Dagger

Parrying Dagger

Bandit's Knife

Demon Great Machete

Greatsword

Zweihander

Flamberge

Man-Serpent Greatsword

Claymore

Bastardsword

Darksword

Barbed Straightsword

Sunlight Straightsword

Baldre Sidesword

Broadsword

Longsword

Shortsword

True Greatsword of Artorias:

You must ascend a +10 Broken sword dropped by the sword weilding zombies of Undead Burg/Parish and the soul of Sif, The Great Gray Wolf.

--Compatible Weapons--

Dagger

Parrying Dagger

Bandit's Knife

Demon Great Machete

Greatsword

Zweihander

Flamberge

Man-Serpent Greatsword

Claymore

Bastardsword

Darksword

Barbed Straightsword

Sunlight Straightsword

Baldre Sidesword

Broadsword

Longsword

Shortsword

Great lord Greatsword:

You must ascend a +10 weapon and the soul of Gwyn, The Lord of Cinder.

--Compatible Weapons--

Dagger

Parrying Dagger

Bandit's Knife

Demon Great Machete

Greatsword

Zweihander

Flamberge

Man-Serpent Greatsword

Claymore

Bastardsword

Darksword

Barbed Straightsword

Sunlight Straightsword

Baldre Sidesword

Broadsword

Longsword

Shortsword

Moonlight Greatsword:

You ust cut off the tail of Seath The Scaleless in Crystal Cave.

Black knight Sword:

Random drop from any Sword Weilding Black Knight in the game. These enemies don't respwan, so make sure your item drop rate is high. Try equipping the Gold serpant ring before fighting them and pray.

Dragon Greatsword:

Cut the tail off of the Ancient Dragon at the end of Ash Lake. Supposedly, you can cut off the tail, and still enter a covenant with the dragon, but I haven't tried yet.

Black knight Greatsword:

Random drop from any Sword Weilding Black Knight in the game. These enemies don't respwan, so make sure your item drop rate is high. Try equipping the Gold serpant ring before fighting them and pray.

Jagged Ghost Blade:

New Londo Ruins. Dropped by male ghosts.

Quelaag's Furysword:

You must ascend a +10 weapon using the soul of Quelaag, the boss to ring the second bell. A good weapon to use would be a Scimtar purchased pretty cheap from the Undead merchant in Undead Burg.

--Compatible Weapons--

Painting Guardian Sword

Murakumo

Server

Shotel

Scimitar

Falchion

Gravelord Sword:

This is a reward for joing Gravelord nito's covenant.

Chaos Blade:

You must ascend a +10 weapon and the soul of Quelaag. A good choice is the Iaito found in Blighttown.

--Compatible Weapons--

Washing Pole

Iaito

Uchigatana

Velka's Rapier:

This weapon can found on a corpse in the Painted World of Ariamis.

Golem Axe:

Make a +10 axe and use the core of the Iron Golem to ascen this weapon.

--Compatible Weapons--

Handaxe

Demon's Greataxe

Greataxe

Gargoyle Tailaxe

Butcher Knife

battleaxe

Black Knight Greataxe:

Dropped by axe weilding black knights. There are only 2 of these guys in the game. One in the catacombs and the other is in the very last area of the game. Good luck getting it.

Dragonking Greataxe:

The Depths. Cut of the Gaping Dragons tail to get this weapon. He is the boss of The Depths and the means of getting the key to Blighttown.

Grant:

Dropped by NPC invader "Divine Knight Leeroy" He will invade you randomly in The Tomb of Giants. You must be unhollowed to be invaded by him.

Dragon Tooth:

Anor Londo. Found in a treasure chest.

Smough's Hammer:

Must ascend a +10 club/mace and the soul of Smough, one of the bosses of Anor Londo to get this weapon.

--Compatible Weapons--

Club

Mace

Morning Star

Warpick

Pickaxe

Reinforced Club

Blacksmith Hammer

Greatclub

Demon's Great Hammer

Large Club

Silver Knight Spear:

Anor Londo. Dropped by Spear-type Silver knights.

Moonlight Butterfly Horn:

Ascend any +10 Spear and the soul of the Moonlight Butterfly for this weapon.

--Compatible Weapons--

Mail Breaker

Estoc

Rapier

Ricard's Rapier

Spear

Winged Spear

Partizan

Pike

Dragonslayer Spear:

Ascend any +10 rapier type weapon and the soul of Ornstein, one of the bosses of Anor Londo for this weapon.

--Compatible Weapons--

Mail Breaker

Estoc

Rapier

Ricard's Rapier

Spear

Winged Spear

Partizan

Pike

Titanite Catch Pole:

Dropped by the Prowling Demons. The ones with the lighting staff near the blacksmith on the way to Darkwood and one down in Sen's Fortress.

Black Knight Halberd:

Dropped by spear weilding black knights. There are only 2 of these guys in the game. One in darkwood basin, guarding the grass crest shield and the other is in the very last area of the game. Good luck getting it.

Lifehunt Scythe:

Ascend any +10 Halberd/scythe and the soul of Priscilla, the Half Breed to get this weapon.

--Compatible Weapons--

Halberd

Luceme

Scythe

Gargoyle's Halberd

Great Scythe

Whip

Notched Whip

Dragonbone Fist:

Ascend any +10 Cestus or claw and the core of the Iron Golem fot this weapon.

--Compatible Weapons--

Cestus

Claw

Dragonslayer Greatbow:

Anor Londo. Dound in a treasure chest/corpse. Waiting for comformation which it is.

Darkmoon Bow:

Ascend any +10 Bow and the soul of Gwyndolin, the Darkmoon God to get this weapon.

--Compatible Weapons--

Short Bow

Composite Bow

Long Bow

Dark Bow of Pharis

Tin Darkmoon Catylist:

Ascend any +10 catylist and the soul of Gwyndolin, The Darmoon God to get this weapon.

--Compatible Weapons--

Oolicile Ivory Catylist

Logan's Catylist

Tin Banishment Catylist

Sorcerer's Catylist

Beatrice's Catylist

Crystal Ring Shield:

Ascend a +10 shield/buckler and the soul of The Moonlight Butterfly to get this shield.

--Compatible Shields--

Plank Shield/Small Leather Shield

Leather Shield/Target Shield

Buckler/Cracked Round Shield

Red And White Round Shield

Warrior's Round Shield/Heater Shield

Knight Shield/Tower Kite Shield

Grass Crest Shield/Hollow Soldier Shield

Balder Shield/Iron Round Shield

Spider Shield/Spiked Shield

pierce Shield/Sunlight Shield

Cadeceus Kite Shield/Gargoyle's Shield

Double Headed Eagle Shield/Wooden Shield

Large Leather Shield/Eagle Shield

Tower Shield/Giant Shield

Bonewheel Shield/Effigy Shield

Sanctus/Bloodshield/Black Iron Greatshield

Crest Shield:

Undead Asylum (revisited) You will be attacked by the soldier who gave you the estes flask the first time you were here. He drops this shield.

Dragon Crest Shield:

Found on a corpse next to the sword of Astoria in Valley of Drakes.

Silver Knight Shield:

Anor Londo. Dropped by any silver knight type.

Black Knight Shield:

Dropped by any Black Knight type you come across.

Stone Greatshield:

Darkroot Garden. Dropped by any Stone Knight laying around before the boss fight area with the Moonilight Butterfly.

Havel's Greatshield:

Anor Londo. Found in a treasure chest.

Greatshield of Artorias:

You must ascend pretty much any +10 shield/buckler and the soul of Sif, The Great Grey Wolf to aquire this shield. Damn, you need Sif's souls for 3 things!!

--Compatible Shields--

Plank Shield/Small Leather Shield

Leather Shield/Target Shield

Buckler/Cracked Round Shield

Red And White Round Shield

Warrior's Round Shield/Heater Shield

Knight Shield/Tower Kite Shield

Grass Crest Shield/Hollow Soldier Shield

Balder Shield/Iron Round Shield

Spider Shield/Spiked Shield

pierce Shield/Sunlight Shield

Cadeceus Kite Shield/Gargoyle's Shield

Double Headed Eagle Shield/Wooden Shield

Large Leather Shield/Eagle Shield

Tower Shield/Giant Shield

Bonewheel Shield/Effigy Shield

Sanctus/Bloodshield/Black Iron Greatshield

Is it just me or is the netcode weighted heavily in the favour of invaders, at least when joining someone else's game? I've been trying to help this guy out but it's near impossible to hit the enemy player; Firestorm was the only thing I had any luck with, and only because he was stationary on the other side of a pillar at the time.

Is that the only one there? I thought i read you have to jump over to some area, although i must be wrong.

For that ring,

you can get it by jumping the gap from the other direction and you can either try leg it past the Knight who notices or warp out to the bonfire with bones if you have them.

There's also an earlier ring under the

bridge/tunnel you head out to the Burg from Firelink in the first place, again you need to jump across to it.

Good evenings progress. Summoned a helper and kicked the Gargoyles ass. Rang the bell and met some strange old bloke in the bell tower. After that headed down to lower Undead Burg, went through a game and BOOM, Capra Demon. Fuck. Me. Time to get myself some more humanity me thinks. Am I correct in thinking the second bell is down there ?

Absolutely loving this game. It's basically a bigger, badder version of Demon Souls and it's so fucking good. I don't think anything comes close to the satisfaction of beating even standard enemies in this game. Also, just how good is the level design ? It really does astound me. The way it all links organically, the way the shortcuts are placed in such great spots and the way bonfires are arranged around these spots. Of course yeah it's a game designers job to do this but still, From Software really are masters of the medievil hell location design.

What covenants are people joining as well ? Tbh I know absolutely nothing about them and haven't joined anyone yet so was just curious if there were any recommended ones.

I'd also be curious to know what peoples first time completion times are. This game's so bloody big! :lol:

Man, I have hit a total wall with the Tomb. The boss in there is just ridiculous. Think I might blow a whole bunch of souls and really raise endurance up to get some heavier gear going on.

Wouldn't be feeling so bad if it weren't for numerous comments floating around saying it's easy....

Trading Items

Dont get rid of that dung pie, or rubbish. but you can only drop the items once.

Just as in Demon's Souls with Sparkly The Crow, you can trade certain items with Snuggly The Crow. The trading nest is located outside the Undead Asylum, when re-entering, it will be on the left about halfway between your start point and the four torch wielding dredglings. To re-enter the Undead Asylum, climb to the top of Firelink Shrine by riding the elevator (The elevator will only unlock from inside of the Gargoyle Church) shortcut to the Undead Parish, but jumping off and landing on a broken roof. After that, roll onto a beam connected to the broken building from a grassy hill, and make your way up to the top. When at the nest of the giant crow, curl up into a ball and wait a minute or two for the cutscene to appear.

Trade

Drop items one at a time, then quit and reload the save file to see the results. Items MUST be inside the nest to register. Dropping stacks, or multiple different items at once will result in lost items without reward. All trades currently assumed to be one time only. Snuggly will let the player know with dialogue if the item is not correct for trading. List may be incomplete still. (current trades need confirmation, bold if confirmed).

Item to Drop Item Received Location of Drop Item

Bloodred Moss Clump Twinkling Titanite Random drop from Bush Monster

Purple Moss Clump Twinkling Titanite Random drop from Bush Monster

Blooming Purple Moss Clump Twinkling Titanite x2 Random drop from Bush Monster

Cracked Red Eye Orb Purging Stone x2

Dung Pie Demon Titanite Buy from Undead Merchant Female, Drop from Butcher in Blight Town/The Depths

Egg Vermifuge Dragon Scale

Humanity Ring of Sacrifice Found throughout world or can buy from Undead Merchant Female

Pendant Souvenir of Reprisal Initial Gift

Prism Stone Demon Titanite Buy from Undead Merchant Female

Pyromancy Flame Red Titanite Chunk

Rubbish Titanite Chunk Found in Undead Burg

Ring of the Sun Princess Divine Blessing x2

Sack Demon's Great Hammer Dropped by The Butcher in The Depths

Skull Lantern Ring of Fog

Sunlight Maggot Old Witch's Ring Dropped by one of the small flea-like creatures near where you fight Solaire in Lost Izalith.

Sunlight Medal White Titanite Chunk Gift from Knight Lautrec of Carim

Twin Humanities Rare Ring of Sacrifice Initial Gifts or found in Undead Burg

Xanthous Crown Ring Of Divine Protection And Favor

I think I've completely and utterly fucked myself.

Went to The Depths and saw a prisoner there. He said 'free me' and I just without thinking swiped the barrel with my sword. Before I know it he's attacking me and is very powerful to boot. Fuck. I guess I should have used my fists

It's my own bloody fault too. Shit.

Fuck I've put about 6 hours into this tonight.

Level 24 Knight. I got the Drake sword... and damn as much as I love it, it's a bit overpowered I think, for something so early on. I'm smashing apart everything. So today I've done....

just beaten the gargoyles on the roof and am going down near that smith to try and fuck up the lightning thing. Here goes....

Can someone explain the mutliplayer aspect of this to me? Are invites/signs only for similar level characters?

Fuck I've put about 6 hours into this tonight.

Level 24 Knight. I got the Drake sword... and damn as much as I love it, it's a bit overpowered I think, for something so early on. I'm smashing apart everything. So today I've done....

just beaten the gargoyles on the roof and am going down near that smith to try and fuck up the lightning thing. Here goes....

Can someone explain the mutliplayer aspect of this to me? Are invites/signs only for similar level characters?

run past the lightning thing. keep your drake sword. its the only nice thing is going to do for you for a while.

Multiplayer works as such. in human form you will see signs of people who want to be summoned. You will only usually find them in surrounding boss areas. you can only connect with people within 2-3 levels of your own. Also depending on what covenant you are apart affects the player pool of people you can summon. as someone summoned you cannot heal only the host can "group" heal. Once you defeat the area boss you are sent back to your world. the only thing you get to keep is souls earned from other players world, no items, no progress.