IGNORED

Dark Souls - Prepare To Die... You Died.

The Sarge

I never had a problem with the frogs in the depth. I thought they only cursed you if you got stuck in their gas for a while.

Now BlightTown on the other hand.....yes we will just put in enemies who fire teensy tiny pellets of death at you in a dark room while you're dealing with other enemies

Another busy night for Sir Brer of Lappin,

made it through the sewers without dying or getting cursed once! I dont know whats going on with me, has this happened to anyone else, but the rats no longer attack me. They actually run from me now! So i didnt have to worry about getting attacked by them at all.

Summoned a random guy to help me with the boss and it was a close call but we took down vagina dragon first try.

Went down into the catacombs and promptly did a 180 when i realised the skeletons werent staying fucking dead!

Tried out new londo ruins and also promptly did a 180 when i saw some shit out of the raiders of the lost ark floating towards me that can hit me even if ive got my shield up but i cant hit them!

Went back to the depths, and found the entrance to blighttown.

Blighttown....

5wdxsx.gif

Got as far as the first bonfire, then called it a night as i dont think ive blinked in the last 4 hours.

Hydra is a bitch, isn't it?

My piss-easy way of beating it:

Stand far enough away that it can't see you and fire the water blasts then ping an arrow at a crystal dude & he wil lollop towards you. Keep your shield up and circle around him, poking him in the bum with your choice of pointy implement until he karks it, but be ready to back off quickly if you see him raising his fists above his head to do the ground-pound attack. Repeat for the other crystal dudes then head towards the Hydra, keeping your shield up all the time so you don't get drenched by his spit bombs.

Now, when you get to the lake look for a rock with a tree in front of it and stand behind this rock like a cowardly little bitch, remembering to KEEP YOUR DAMN SHIELD UP. The Hydra will fire his gob rockets at you but since you HAVE YOUR DAMN SHIELD UP you won't take any damage, which is pretty nice all things considered. When you hear it growl it is very important that you do... nothing at all. Oh, but keep your, you know. It will plunge all of its heads into the ground but because you are a cowardly little bitch behind the rock it shouldn't hit you (if it does on the off chance then since you SHIELD etc you'll be okay), whereupon you run over to the nearest head and slap it about a bit. Repeat until all the heads are dead.

If you have trouble with the last head slamming into the ground too far away to slap then get your bow out and snipe it from behind the rock like a cowardly little b... I mean... elite sniper dude. I only died once on this fight and that's because I thought I could run out into the lake to get the last head and I drowned.

Now onwards Ho! I might check out the Valley of Ducks next. :)

I'm torn...

I've found a way I can 'farm' souls...about 8,000 at a time. Not a bug, but exploits the enemies' rubbish pathfinding.

Part of me thinks it could make things too easy, and potentially ruin the game...but the other part of me is shouting "OMG SOULS" :wacko:

Don't do it. Why spoil such an amazing game for yourself by using exploits?

Don't do it. Why spoil such an amazing game for yourself by using exploits?

slap.jpg

It doesn't make a blind bit of difference if you farm for souls or not. The simple fact is you have to be ready and concentrating at all times. It doesn't matter how powerful you think you are or how tough you think you are. One lapse and you're fucked by a low level skeleton who you underestimated and got too comfortable with.

In other news I scoured the sewers a bit to get comfortable with the layout (i kept falling down holes and that's what nailed me with the frogs) cured myself and have a few on standby and shall go human and hopefully find myself a partner or two. Time to rock!

I'm torn...

I've found a way I can 'farm' souls...about 8,000 at a time. Not a bug, but exploits the enemies' rubbish pathfinding.

Part of me thinks it could make things too easy, and potentially ruin the game...but the other part of me is shouting "OMG SOULS" :wacko:

Share the wealth.

Sorry, I see you already did.

To make this post just slightly less useless, I got some nice Gold-Hemmed gear that makes my rather simple looking protagonist look like Death himself.

Had a quick look in Sen's Fortress and left immediately.

Reckon I'm off to Darkroot.

Edited by danbotding

slap.jpg

It doesn't make a blind bit of difference if you farm for souls or not. The simple fact is you have to be ready and concentrating at all times. It doesn't matter how powerful you think you are or how tough you think you are. One lapse and you're fucked by a low level skeleton who you underestimated and got too comfortable with.

In other news I scoured the sewers a bit to get comfortable with the layout (i kept falling down holes and that's what nailed me with the frogs) cured myself and have a few on standby and shall go human and hopefully find myself a partner or two. Time to rock!

Part of the fun of the game is the challenge and the reward of overcoming that challenge. Exploiting a bit of daffy AI to 'cheat' the game and get easy levels so you can powerhouse through everything else completely subverts the entire point of the game, imo.

made it through the sewers without dying or getting cursed once! I dont know whats going on with me, has this happened to anyone else, but the rats no longer attack me. They actually run from me now!

Ring of the Evil Eye causes the Rats to run away from you I think.

Part of the fun of the game is the challenge and the reward of overcoming that challenge. Exploiting a bit of daffy AI to 'cheat' the game and get easy levels so you can powerhouse through everything else completely subverts the entire point of the game, imo.

That's the thing though. You can level up all you want but it doesn't make fights super easy at all. Sure you can take things out a bit easier but you still need to be at your A during any fight. It was the same with Demon Souls too.

FOR FUCK SAKE!

I've been cursed AGAIN.

Fuck it, I'm gonna learn the layout of these sewers whilst cursed and heal myself later so I know how to avoid these bastard frogs. They just ran up to me and went 'LOL CURSED'

Shit.

Dude you dont even have to go down that far. You FALL into the pit with the frogs. Watch your step and dont fall.

And done! All in all took around 50hrs. Summoned someone for the final boss and we had some really good teamwork. That's what I love about these games, just two complete strangers who can't communicate apart from a friendly gesture and both are on the same wavelength :wub:

Just got to Anor Londo. Fuck me this game can be stunning! Had to force myself to stop, but I was making pretty good progress.

Even managed to get a Gargoyle Tail Axe which I missed getting in the earlier boss battle. :) It could be quite good if leveled up right...

And done! All in all took around 50hrs. Summoned someone for the final boss and we had some really good teamwork. That's what I love about these games, just two complete strangers who can't communicate apart from a friendly gesture and both are on the same wavelength :wub:

Is that wavelength, "Please oh please don't let me die!"?

So close, yet so very far away from summoning Ann Coulter, earlier. I was spying summon signs on the ground of... ;) I saw one that looked all too familiar, but lo-and-behold, i had an invader at that exact moment, and the sign had disappeared before i could grab it.

Who knows. With the right Covenant. The correct level. The right place. It could work after all.

In all honesty, they should've made a friends list soul sign, for those that've completed the game and made it to NG+. That way they know you've enjoyed it at least once solo.

OK report just before I go to bed.

Got cursed.

Fuck

Got cursed again.

Fuck.

Cured curse and managed to have a few spare on me.

Got Invaded.

Cornered him and smashed the shit out of him with my Drake Sword - take that you prick.

Summoned someone who not only was a complete boss in helping me with the Gaping Dragon, showed me a shortcut to go from the bonfire in the sewers straight down to near enough where the boss fight is.

Put down a summon sign and helped someone out. There were 3 of us in total and that dragon went down in no time. It's nice to be helpful.

Got the key for Blighttown and went running through the door and straight into the drop behind the door. Well done Woo.

Got souls back and then went down the ladders and got smacked around a bit.

Decided screw this I'll go and do it tomorrow.

Bought a few goodies from the Blacksmith in Undead Parish, levelled up and turned off the PS3.

It was a good day today. I love this game. It really keeps you on your toes but it's so moreish you just have to see what keeps coming round the next corner. I played Rage the other day and it's a very pretty (and good) game but even if this isn't the most technically accomplished on a design and art level it's something else. I seriously hope From Software are working on another one right now! :D

For anyone that has invaded a few times, does it matter what area you put the red eye down? Or can you put down the red eye anywhere and it'll just load up whatever area the victim is in? I'm not having any luck at all with invading, everything fails (and uses up the item, seriously?) and the dragon eye stone isn't finding anyone either.

For anyone that has invaded a few times, does it matter what area you put the red eye down? Or can you put down the red eye anywhere and it'll just load up whatever area the victim is in? I'm not having any luck at all with invading, everything fails (and uses up the item, seriously?) and the dragon eye stone isn't finding anyone either.

Have you tried using the white stone to see if you have any luck helping people? What level are you? I read the range was +/- 10% which won't give you much range if you are a low level.

Ring of the Evil Eye causes the Rats to run away from you I think.

I could be wrong, but i was fairly sure i didnt have the ring equipped when i was down there.

Another questions, whats the deal with embers? seinfeld.jpg

Ive given 2 of them to the blacksmith in undead parish, and hes all like "oh man these are the shit, ill make some kickass weapons", but i dont have any other options or anything when upgrading weapons now.

I could be wrong, but i was fairly sure i didnt have the ring equipped when i was down there.

Another questions, whats the deal with embers? seinfeld.jpg

Ive given 2 of them to the blacksmith in undead parish, and hes all like "oh man these are the shit, ill make some kickass weapons", but i dont have any other options or anything when upgrading weapons now.

I reckon you need to get a weapon up to +5.

EDIT: I have the day off. I've had my Cheerios. I've got a cup of tea. I've got my HD 25's plugged into the telly. I'm stoked and ready to play Dar....I DIED!

I reckon you need to get a weapon up to +5.

EDIT: I have the day off. I've had my Cheerios. I've got a cup of tea. I've got my HD 25's plugged into the telly. I'm stoked and ready to play Dar....I DIED!

Ah right, cheers. Shit, i dont have a single weapon upgraded aside from a +1 halberd and drake sword +1

Well, something's clicked...My trials and tribulations with Undead Burg are well documented in this hallowed (that's hallowed, not hollowed) thread. But, in the Undead Parish I saw the Caped Knights, shat myself a bit and then killed two of them without taking a scratch. Then I went into the church via the side entrance and killed the big fuck-off black knight with the massive shield, again, without taking a scratch.

I must've been in the Burg for so long that I've over-levelled.

I then hid from some casting dude, while he was doing "something", ran around the corner when his staff stopped flashing...and ran into at least ten wretches. Those wretches killed me. They killed me good.

Dark Souls: "Oh yeah, player, kill my best knights will ya, here, drown amidst a flood of the weakest enemies. Mwwwooo-har-har-hah-haaaaaaaaa!

It's all coming together though. Claymore +1, reached the blacksmith, got a weaponsmith box, can kill with ease in the current area. This high won't last, will it? (I mean, the gaming high will last, obv, but the power-trip high won't.)

I'm near the Crap'ya(self) Demon, aren't I?

Current favourite thing: Deliberately leaving enemies a sliver of health, waiting to see if they drink a health flask, and lunging my sword through their stomach while they do. Evil...

Question: Are there doors in Undead Burg you can literally only open with the master key? Or maybe if you're a thief?

Edit: Oh and I killed the dragon with the one-arrow-glitch. Didn't realise dragons are insects...cos that's one hell of a bug! Har de har har!