Dark Souls - Prepare To Die... You Died.

The Sarge

I'm near the Crap'ya(self) Demon, aren't I? -1

Current favourite thing: Deliberately leaving enemies a sliver of health, waiting to see if they drink a health flask, and lunging my sword through their stomach while they do. Evil... - 2

Question: Are there doors in Undead Burg you can literally only open with the master key? Or maybe if you're a thief? - 3

Edit: Oh and I killed the dragon with the one-arrow-glitch. Didn't realise dragons are insects...cos that's one hell of a bug! Har de har har!

1 Still a bit to go....

2- Ha, yeah thats fun. Or get behind them as they do it for a super-cool stab animation.

3- I can't remember... I don't think so - you'd best buy the key that the peddler sells in the Undead Burg (near the bonfire), it'll be useful later.

Hmm I killed a giant rat today but died before I picked up the loot and now it is gone. Did I miss out on anything nice?

Also I have not been trading in my souls of unamed soldiers etc as in the recesses of my mind I thought they were useful for something else in demon souls. Again should I be using them for souls?

Nah, they only drop humanity really. Like all ratsssss.

I've been keeping the boss souls, but using the soldier ones to level up and repair my shit. I think it's ok, they don't have any other use that I can see...

FOR FUCK SAKE!

I've been cursed AGAIN.

Fuck it, I'm gonna learn the layout of these sewers whilst cursed and heal myself later so I know how to avoid these bastard frogs. They just ran up to me and went 'LOL CURSED'

Shit.

I'm a knight and I didnt get cursed once. I did bomb around with my shield up most of the time (normal knight shield, nothing special - it does have 100% physical block though....). Kill the fuckers a bit quicker? ;)

My piss-easy way of beating it:

Stand far enough away that it can't see you and fire the water blasts then ping an arrow at a crystal dude & he wil lollop towards you. Keep your shield up and circle around him, poking him in the bum with your choice of pointy implement until he karks it, but be ready to back off quickly if you see him raising his fists above his head to do the ground-pound attack. Repeat for the other crystal dudes then head towards the Hydra, keeping your shield up all the time so you don't get drenched by his spit bombs.

Now, when you get to the lake look for a rock with a tree in front of it and stand behind this rock like a cowardly little bitch, remembering to KEEP YOUR DAMN SHIELD UP. The Hydra will fire his gob rockets at you but since you HAVE YOUR DAMN SHIELD UP you won't take any damage, which is pretty nice all things considered. When you hear it growl it is very important that you do... nothing at all. Oh, but keep your, you know. It will plunge all of its heads into the ground but because you are a cowardly little bitch behind the rock it shouldn't hit you (if it does on the off chance then since you SHIELD etc you'll be okay), whereupon you run over to the nearest head and slap it about a bit. Repeat until all the heads are dead.

If you have trouble with the last head slamming into the ground too far away to slap then get your bow out and snipe it from behind the rock like a cowardly little b... I mean... elite sniper dude. I only died once on this fight and that's because I thought I could run out into the lake to get the last head and I drowned.

Now onwards Ho! I might check out the Valley of Ducks next. :)

Yeah, like I said getting to the boss isn't hard - it's just

the fucking cliff kept catching me out :( easy to fall off when locked on... will try again though. I kept my shield up the whole time and the sheidl only blocks the heads attacking. It doesn't stop the watercannon and it still takes a large chunk of health away :(

Ooooh, forgot to share all... i found an awesome little ring. Levels of spoilers below - first detailing what it does and second where I found it.

I found this ring that basically regenrates my health every time I slay someone, so it's awesome when there's loads of enemies. Heals at least one little nipple of the health bar per kill, sometimes more if it's a formidable foe.

In the depthsssss - well worth exploring, there's loads of souls to be had there.

Ooooh PS, nailed the Gaping Dragon (lol) by myself last night - thought I'd need some help from someone when he first poked his little turtle out, but it was surprisingly easy. After the Capra asshole, I was expecting to be effin' and blindin' all night. only died once as well....

forgot to kill the sorcerer who kept shooting at me the first time

Blight Town

Blight Fucking Town

Fucking Blight Town :angry:

Its a bollock of a place alright, tho i have to say once id beaten the fat bastards at the entrance, and gotten the hang of those other bastards grab attacks, i think all my training in world 5 of Demons souls paid off as i didnt find it too hard to make it to the first bonfire. Im sure getting to the 2nd will be worse, but so far its not been too bad...so far

Its a bollock of a place alright, tho i have to say once id beaten the fat bastards at the entrance, and gotten the hang of those other bastards grab attacks, i think all my training in world 5 of Demons souls paid off as i didnt find it too hard to make it to the first bonfire. Im sure getting to the 2nd will be worse, but so far its not been too bad...so far

I found the second bonfire whilst I was summoned. Praise the Sun! It was a nightmare getting back down there when I left the summoner's world though. Before submitting oneself to Blight Town, a slow rolling stone should gather purple moss.

It's a great system for status effects, with that little bar. When I first saw it I thought 'oh god another part of the game I don't understand!', but it's actually so simple (once it builds up to full you get the effect).

I've also had the rats running away from me, I'd only noticed it recently and I'm cursed, so it could be that.

These aren't really spoilers, but little touches which make the game really amaze-

Undead Burg

the house next to the tower with crossbow enemy. It's above the location of the black knight. If you attract the attention of one of the spearmen down the stairs, then leg it into the house, the skele comes after you, inside..... and pauses to shut the door!

After passing the door to the Capra Demon, you find the link through to

the sewer tunnel leading back to Firelink shrine & Undead Burg -

I was with a friend who gave the merchant behind the bars a smack, before we realised he was a merchant.... The guy takes offence, runs down his tunnel a little way, and is then forever there, teasing and taunting you, every time you pass.

:lol:

Anor Londo

Ornstein and Smough! Whoah. Pretty fucking intense! Manage to do okay in the first stage of the battle picking off Smough without taking more than one hit usually. Then Mega-Ornstein kills me in one shot when I have anything less than full health! Seems fairly doable though. I guess the best method (if possible) is to get them down down to low health, take out Smough and then finish off Ornstein. Gotta get ready to go out now, tonight though, tonight vengeance will be mine. Oh yes.

Also I'm annoyed this is going to eat at me all day!

Anor Londo

Ornstein and Smough! Whoah. Pretty fucking intense! Manage to do okay in the first stage of the battle picking off Smough without taking more than one hit usually. Then Mega-Ornstein kills me in one shot when I have anything less than full health! Seems fairly doable though. I guess the best method (if possible) is to get them down down to low health, take out Smough and then finish off Ornstein. Gotta get ready to go out now, tonight though, tonight vengeance will be mine. Oh yes.

Also I'm annoyed this is going to eat at me all day!

Don't bother then get a full health bar for the second part of the fight.

Don't forget to summon sun guy. He's on the little landing on the staircase in the big hall. The staircase where the knight is shooting arrows down at you when your fighting the giant knights.

Oh cool, that makes things a bit more straight forward I guess. Summoning a dude huh.... haven't had to resort to that yet, but I guess it would even up the numbers! :lol: I am scared of wasting humanity though and I prefer just to leg it through to room. If I do that and then summon the dude and just run through the fog door, will he be warped inside with me like you used to be in Demon's Souls? I don't want to waste my precious pyromancies on the small fry!

Yeah, like I said getting to the boss isn't hard - it's just

the fucking cliff kept catching me out :( easy to fall off when locked on... will try again though. I kept my shield up the whole time and the sheidl only blocks the heads attacking. It doesn't stop the watercannon and it still takes a large chunk of health away :(

Don't lock on, stand behind the rock & tree, keep your shield up until the heads go down then smack-a-smack and behind the rock again. I don't I think I lost a single bit of health. Maybe you need a better shield.

I hate the sewers (Depths), wading round in actual shit, alone, scared and cursed (again arrrgh). Welcome to Dark souls.

I felt really sorry for the poor giant rat I was shooting in its face while it stood there looking at me with its cancerous eyes filled with sorrow :(

Started a new character last night to have a piss about with magic. As in Demon's souls starting with a pyro or soul ray caster is loads easier.

imp, your supposed best method won't work, I'm afraid. You need to focus on one at a time; I'd recommend the faster one to start off with.

That fight is a lot easier with someone to back you up, even if they only serve as a distraction. In fact I've been loitering about that area helping people out rather than moving on.

I hate the sewers (Depths), wading round in actual shit, alone, scared and cursed (again arrrgh). Welcome to Dark souls.

I felt really sorry for the poor giant rat I was shooting in its face while it stood there looking at me with its cancerous eyes filled with sorrow :(

Started a new character last night to have a piss about with magic. As in Demon's souls starting with a pyro or soul ray caster is loads easier.

:lol: Did you see the

massive axe wound (.....) in his other eye? nice touch, Dark Souls.... nice touch

Yeah I started again as a sultry Sorceress last night and getting up to the Gargoyles was a breeze! Picked up the heavy soul arrow as soon as I could. I'm also loving the dagger, I'm so quick and nimble. My first character was a Pyromancer that started becoming a bit of a tank - I never played Demon Souls (?) and I've tried not to read any spoilers so it's been a rollercoaster.

Also, anyone new like me - I was finding it really useful to start casting a spell before a lock-on (sometimes) - you can lock on at any point during the cast and it means that you can start casting while an enemy is behind a corner or out of view, lock-on as they come into view and whack em in the face with a heavy soul arrow. You also get to move a little at the start of the cast.

My only worry with my new Sorceress is that I'm going to struggle later on - all the pics I've seen of high level characters seem to be knights in full plate mail with massive swords - please tell me I'm not going to have to turn her into a tank?

A rather small, ominously heavy package dropped through my letterbox yesterday. It seemed to suck the oxygen out of the air around it. When I went to pick it up, I scratched my finger on a staple. I can only assume I have Dark Souls as a birthday present :wub:

A rather small, ominously heavy package dropped through my letterbox yesterday. It seemed to suck the oxygen out of the air around it. When I went to pick it up, I scratched my finger on a staple. I can only assume I have Dark Souls as a birthday present :wub:

A staple laced with poison to kill you. Better ring the wife and ask her to pick up some Humanity from Tesco on the way home :|

So playing the Undead Parish last night and then i dropped my soul sign got my first summon by some stranger and then he summoned another so we have some 3 way action! :eyebrows:

I have to say i really enjoyed it, well until the host died, anyway from what i seen from that area i thought God how the hell I am going to this is on my own! :facepalm:

Two questions i have though is:

What is the number mean beside your HP bar?

Also with humanity do people use these or just keep them in their inventory, if you do use them and add to your humanity stat what advantage is it?

Two questions i have though is:

What is the number mean beside your HP bar?

Also with humanity do people use these or just keep them in their inventory, if you do use them and add to your humanity stat what advantage is it?

The number is your humanity, apart from the usual benefits of being human adding to your humanity increases your item discovery rate. I just keep mine until I come to a boss and then use them to summon people, I picked up a very nice ring +200 to help with my item discovery.

Anor Londo, boss spoilers.

I think I was over-levelled for Smough and Ornstein, at SL70-ish. The chap I summoned was wearing the full Havel set, so he made a good distraction while I clobbered Ornstein, who can't have taken much more than a single stamina bar to kill. Smough was somehow dead within seconds of the becoming-giant cutscene ending, I doubt the whole fight lasted twenty seconds. I feel cheated out of learning their attack patterns!