IGNORED

Dark Souls - Prepare To Die... You Died.

The Sarge

So playing the Undead Parish last night and then i dropped my soul sign got my first summon by some stranger and then he summoned another so we have some 3 way action! :eyebrows:

I have to say i really enjoyed it, well until the host died, anyway from what i seen from that area i thought God how the hell I am going to this is on my own! :facepalm:

Two questions i have though is:

What is the number mean beside your HP bar?

Also with humanity do people use these or just keep them in their inventory, if you do use them and add to your humanity stat what advantage is it?

You need humanity to kindle bonfires, so you can get ten flasks instead of 5. You need humanity to be able to summon other people to your game. Item drops increase as your humanity level goes up. The only downside seems to be that you can only be invaded by other players while human, but it's not happened to me yet.

If you're summoned to someone elses game, do you lose anything if you die? I never really thought about it before but it's a good way to 'trial' big bosses to see what you need to prepare for. I've been summoned a few times but never died yet so I don't know if there's any risk involved.

Item discovery means drop rates right?

Yes, notice lots more weapon and equipment drops now with the ring and something you really want to try and boost if you're titanite farming. Which a good spot for is the first bonfire in the depths, the five slimes in the hallway just outside drop a range of titanite, weak to fire so if you can one shot them it doesn't take long to get a decent amount.

The ring:

Covetous Gold Serpent Ring

Boosts item discovery. (adds 200)

Sen's Fortress. Get to the area with the boulder directing device and move the lever so that it goes west (same way as proper way to go to continue upstairs). let the boulder roll once then move the lever North (empty space). Now go into the West path and follow it through to the end. You will find a ring on a corpse in a window and a way into a room where the firs MIMIC chest is.

Just noticed Amazon will be dispatching the guide soon, so if I can't be playing I can at least be reading about the game.

I thought being human would just increase the chance of an item drop - not change the drop. I killed one of those crystal gecko things while human and it dropped 4-5 items as opposed to one when I was hollow. Killed a black knight and got his shield and a shard. Do all non-spawning enemies drop loads of stuff if you're human?

I have a question regarding humanity. You know when you use the consumable item, it adds to your meter next to the health bar. When you die, presumably this gets "dropped" with your souls? So if I've pur 5 points of humanity into my bar and revived myself, and then die and then die again before getting my souls back.... I lose it all?

Anor Londo, boss spoilers.

I think I was over-levelled for Smough and Ornstein, at SL70-ish. The chap I summoned was wearing the full Havel set, so he made a good distraction while I clobbered Ornstein, who can't have taken much more than a single stamina bar to kill. Smough was somehow dead within seconds of the becoming-giant cutscene ending, I doubt the whole fight lasted twenty seconds. I feel cheated out of learning their attack patterns!

Jesus! And I figured I was over levelled at 49!

Typrical internet has to go down just when I am ready to bellow to the world my successes with the gargoyles and Capra. The latter was a solo effort since I didn't see any summons signs in that area at all last night. He's not too bad once you get into a one on one fight but getting to that point can be a right bitch. Fire on your pointy stick helps a lot and having enough vitality / endurance to block and survive the initial onslaught. I reckon levelling up is important at this stage of the game for those players who are not the most skilled - with sufficient skill you can probably get through a lot of encounters without a scratch but for us mere mortals it helps a lot to have better stats.

Yes, I exploited the design of the area beyond the 20k door which has to be a deliberate design from the way the space works, and funnily I was invaded there and I probably should have made more of a fight of it since the Famous 4 were griefing him rather than me since I had already moved to the safe spot.

So onto the depths then tonight.

Rolling with a really fast build now - take off helmet to get below 25% weight.

Definite glitch in my game - the dragon - you actually see the shadow in the area of the bonfire but it is just not there when you get to the black knight tower or from below.

Anyone know what a ring of whitelight shaped like donut on its edge signifies (if anything)?

Jesus! And I figured I was over levelled at 49!

Yeah, I'm not sure how I got that high! It's not like I've been grinding souls, and I've spent loads on equipment upgrades. I remember getting lots of souls in

Ariamis, maybe you've yet to do that.

Just noticed Amazon will be dispatching the guide soon, so if I can't be playing I can at least be reading about the game.

This is such how i feel.

Are we sure the numbers beside the HP bar relate to humanity, as i swear mine went to 2 last night and i was hollow.

Harking back to that review or advice column several pages back about tips for beginners to Dark Souls, I'd like to particularly stress about when get stuck or frustrated about a particular section, to just leave the game for an hour or so.

Twice now, I've encountered some seemingly frustrating bosses that have repeatedly murderised me but after leaving alone for a couple of hours, go down on the first try.

I'd also highly recommend as a strategy for first time boss fights to keep your distance with your shield up to suss out how they move. Rushing for damage always fucks things up.

Yeah, I'm not sure how I got that high! It's not like I've been grinding souls, and I've spent loads on equipment upgrades. I remember getting lots of souls in

Ariamis, maybe you've yet to do that.

Yeah, I have no idea where that even is! I am getting hell of souls lately though. Lost 20k this morning after going the way through the latter half of Anor Londo. I shrugged that shit off.

Oh Blight Town, why do you hate me so? :(

You can do it! I just did it!

Softly softly inched my way through to the boss, and 'YOU DEFEATED' on my third try. Plus I found a wicked new sword and some threads. \o/

Now to get back to the surface - I am VERY low on anti poison stuff and I'll be stuffed if I hang around here much longer.

Just turned up today, very good game, all a bit weird. Love it.

A little tip for those starting, when you're talking to the blacksmith down from the start in Londo thingy, when you're finished talking to him, don't press B to go back out of the conversation....

Just turned up today, very good game, all a bit weird. Love it.

A little tip for those starting, when you're talking to the blacksmith down from the start in Londo thingy, when you're finished talking to him, don't press B to go back out of the conversation....

:lol: you goon!

The dragon is never on the bridge when I go up the black night tower above the rats. Never ever.

Having just killed the gargoyles, I'm finding it a nice step up in difficulty in the garden area now. Those bloody knight things before the butterfly are kicking the shit out of me. I've only actually got to the butterfly once, and that was going well until she starting hurling these weird blue balls at me which I couldn't dodge. Oh well. Keep on keepin' on.

Is there another area I could be doing? I've been to see the Capra dude, and he slaughtered me a few times, too. I don't think I'm quite ready for him yet.