IGNORED

Dark Souls - Prepare To Die... You Died.

The Sarge

FUCK SAKE.

I clipped the trigger on my PS3 and attacked an NPC at firelink. god damn, now i'm a little bit stuffed. Can't use the damn bonfire there now, and I have no idea where to farm enough souls to absolve me, I'm not far enough to do the trick suggested earlier.

RAGE.

Yeah, this is harsh (evaluate me). I always tuck my trigger finger under the pad and face away when talking to an NPC!

I had a productive session tonight. Anor Londo sorted thanks to some friendly summons - shame you can't rate them! Also took out the upgraded Stray Demon at the asylum. Got Quelaag's Sword+5 and that ridiculous Crystal Ring Shield. Gonna probably do me some soul hoarding and go nuts on my pyromancy gear next. Then I'll be ready. Ready for New Londo/Tomb of the Giants/Wherever else I haven't been yet.

I haven't had major problems with any of the bosses so far but

wtf at Seath the Scaleless.

I die within about ten seconds, no matter what I do. Either

those massive tentacle swipes or the spikes jutting out of the ground.

My pyro spells don't seem to inflict very much damage on it either (with pyro glove +15). Any tips?

Swapped to PS3 tonight, started a pyro with master key and went on some crazy naked loot runs, got a full suit of red caster clothes from blight town, dragon sword and

How do you get to Blight Town right from the off? I've not even been there yet, I'm evidently moving at a bit of a slower pace...

Use the master key gift with a new character

So you went down through the depths (I'm assuming it's down there) with an L6 at most character?! Impressive stuff, I only just even had my first foray into the depths last night and that was bad enough but I'm L21!

So you went down through the depths (I'm assuming it's down there) with an L6 at most character?! Impressive stuff, I only just even had my first foray into the depths last night and that was bad enough but I'm L21!

Nah, from Firelink you can go down to Londo ruins, then take a door to Valley of the Drakes, where there is a tunnel into Blight Town. The first enemies to attack you after starting the game proper could conceivably be the three fatties in that there tunnel :)

I got through a big chunk of Sens Fortress last night. At first I was all, 'ohshitohshitohshit'. By the end of the evening I was totally, 'Whatcha got??? COME AT ME BRAH!'

From playing a lvl 10 char for a while now, it seems that char level isn't as important as gear at the beginning. Good armour and a half decent upgraded weapon more than make up for low soul level.

I went down there naked and ran like feck past everything. Also did the same to grab a load of stuff from Valley of the drakes and firelink skellingtons. Suicide runs ftw.

I saved last night outside the Gargoyles, I'm level 6 :lol:

the single most important thing I've found in this game is you need a good shield, If you can 100% block an initial hit you can kill anything at lvl 1. Also dont hold block ALL the time, stamina regen is key.

Third major glitch experienced last night - my +5 shield has vanished when equipped - its still appears in inventory and swapping it in and out with another makes no difference :( Poor stuff.

In other news, not liking the depths at all but thank goodness I've now got the bottomless box. I think there is a jump you are supposed to make but I just fail it every time - frog pit for you then :(

And I beat some intruder guy - what do the different colours mean - I've had purple and red now - different covenants or starting classes?

I think the white donut was some sort of target icon glitch albeit bigger and brighter than normal.

So, I was wandering along, when three thief-class zombies leaped out of buildings on either side of me and rushed straight at me. Fast.

"SHHIIIIIIIT", I went. But, as I jumped in my seat, my muscles clenched and my right index finger tensed around the quick attack button. One swing: Three dead thieves.

"Hah, you don't like my Claymore+4, thieves, do you? Do you? What? Can't hear me because I killed you? Hah! You sneaky fuckers, take that!"

"WTF's this? A poisonous dog?-ARGHHHHH!"

I'm all over the place at the moment, exploring in tonnes of different directions and then legging it back to the Undead Parish bonfire whenever anything scares me. (Church gargoyles, big headless scorpion-tailed "thing" near the blacksmith, posoinous dogs, walking trees and, quite frankly, I find the white portal doors too terrifying to cross nowadays, too!):)

I've not rung the church bell yet (or any bell for that matter), but I always say a silent "yeah, well done!" when I hear the bell ringing. I presume that's a nice touch, whereby you hear it when another player "nearby" rings it.

Some people don't seem to quite get what the ghostly images of other players are for. I was running along earlier, and there was one of them ahead of me. He stopped and watched as I approached, then put his shield up before finally rolling out out of my "way" as I bore down on him. Made me chuckle. Might have been a coincidence, and he was avoiding an enemy in his world, but I actually like to think he was just having a laugh with me, across interdimensional boundaries! :)

From playing a lvl 10 char for a while now, it seems that char level isn't as important as gear at the beginning. Good armour and a half decent upgraded weapon more than make up for low soul level.

I'm still largely in my Wanderer armour, I did pick up a Hollow Shield early on and have (just) equipped some leather leggings from near some assassins in the lower Burg, but overall my armour seems to have better stats than anything I've picked or seen up so far. Not sure if I've missed something?

As for levelling, most of it so far is so I could wield a Claymore then the Drake Sword one handed, plus some int for Soul Arrow then Heavy Soul arrow, with a fair bit of endurance and some vitality too, not sure what I'd have done otherwise really.

Nothing else in the world matters.

I will do those pricks on the bell tower roof

Tossers, aren't they.

When it was just one of them, and I'd cut his tail off with my first attack, I was like "easy". Got him down to half health, but was stuggling for health, when suddenly I get hit from behind. Oh, fuck, that's why I've been reading Gargoyles plural on rllmuk! Dead....

Tossers, aren't they.

When it was just one of them, and I'd cut his tail off with my first attack, I was like "easy". Got him down to half health, but was stuggling for health, when suddenly I get hit from behind. Oh, fuck, that's why I've been reading Gargoyles plural on rllmuk! Dead....

I found them pretty easy - really didn't have any trouble with the Drake sword. The only boss so far that's been troublesome has been the Capra fucker, and that required summoning someone to help. It's really interesting that SL doesn't really seem to make much of a difference in this game - it's all about your gear and how you compose yourself around enemies. Even now at SL40, if I make a silly move, try to get an extra swipe in, or am inpatient, I still get punished/creamed for it.

I'm going to start thinking about which covenants to join now - really want to get a bit more involved in the MP/invasion aspect of the game. Still haven't been invaded much, though I suppose that's probably because I've spent most of the game hollow and looking like a pepperami.

I've not rung the church bell yet (or any bell for that matter), but I always say a silent "yeah, well done!" when I hear the bell ringing. I presume that's a nice touch, whereby you hear it when another player "nearby" rings it.

Is this true? I f**king love this game. :wub:

I'm going to start thinking about which covenants to join now - really want to get a bit more involved in the MP/invasion aspect of the game. Still haven't been invaded much, though I suppose that's probably because I've spent most of the game hollow and looking like a pepperami.

Don't bother with PvP, once you meet someone with a stone sword and fog ring it's pretty much pointless. This is without taking into account the joke of lag issues.

I went back to the Asylum last night to get that rusty iron ring, and thought id have a pop at stray demon, thinking i would be nice and overlevelled for him making it a bit of an easy fight..

<_<

I did something similar. After following a bunch of messages that led me back to the Asylum, and to...

The trading nest!

Thought I'd take a look around the starter area and kick some asses, now that I was big and strong, and they were small and puny. Cue that happening. Goodbye 8 humanity points, and 35,000 souls :mellow:

On the bright side, after trying everything I could at the spoiler mentioned above, I walked away with...

A big fuck-off demon's hammer...that requires 46 strength to use! :wacko:

Rang the first bell- is my next port of call Blightown then?

You need to do the other side of Undead Burg first (you've now got the key to a locked door on the dragon bridge), then I would do the Gardens after that (down past the demon near the blacksmith... just leg it past him).

I had a bit of a good night, downing both the Capra Demon and the Butterfly boss. Upgrading my longbow to +5 was the best thing I've ever done.

Is it worth heading down to the Basin place before doing the Depths?

Is this true? I f**king love this game. :wub:

Is that it?? Man, thats so cool, i heard them ringing a few times but didnt realise. Man, this game :wub:

I love seeing other peoples ghosts tho. I was in the depths the other day, at the first bonfire, the one that has a long passageway leading into it. I was on my way back to the bonfire, after a tough time fighting my way through the sewers, i had finally unlocked the shortcut back to the bonfire. And as i was standing at the mouth of the passageway, looking down towards the bonfire, i see a lone figure of another adventurer sitting there by the fire, and the silence of the area, and the ghostly apparition by the fire, was just...wow. It felt like even tho youre in this nightmare world and are completely alone, youre not alone. :)

You need to do the other side of Undead Burg first (you've now got the key to a locked door on the dragon bridge), then I would do the Gardens after that (down past the demon near the blacksmith... just leg it past him).

Cool, thanks for the advice! I'm human at the moment, bit hesitant to go somewhere too soon and get my ass handed to me.

Is there any use for using up any humanity gaining items and gaining more humanity, other than say for kindling bonfires? I'm assuming you lose all humanity when you die, so I'm kinda hesitate to use up the few humanity items I have considering I'm going into unknown areas.

Don't leg it past him:

Kill him with arrows! The short bow is fine as long as you hang back.

Don't leg it past him:

Don't do that either:

get right up in his face and smack that bitch! Goes a lot quicker than arrows and if you have a shield that blocks 100% melee damage it's easy

Don't leg it past him:

I'll try that-

I guess it's probably worth going for the most damaging arrows then?

And I'm guessing he doesn't respawn since he's one of the bigger/unique monsters?