IGNORED

Dark Souls - Prepare To Die... You Died.

The Sarge

Finished it :) I think overall I preferred Demon Souls. The online in this one did seem very patchy and I don't think I really enjoyed the last quarter of it at all. In fact I think about half way through I was really looking forward to joining some of the other covenants such as the blue guys in NG+, as it is quite a nice idea. But the last few levels I played through have put me off for the time being. I did have a quick dash though the NG+ to the Taurus Demon, it's not too difficult early on (as I managed it all the way there without dying) the enemies do give a lot more damage but it was just as easy to run past them as it was to kill them.

regarding the ending :

was that really it? a cutscene of me lighting a campfire? what a anti-climax

Great game for the most part, shame about the end IMO.

right, I keep getting toxic at the start of blighttown without actually taking any hits. WTF?

You're not going into any swamp water are you ? Depending on the way you first end up there you could be near swamp water which absolutely nails you quick. For anyone going to Blighttown I highly recommend the Ninja/Shadow suit you can find there. You can get poisoned and if you don't have any purple moss it goes down so slowly you only need to use one or two health. Essential IMO for that shithole.

As for me I've got to beat Quelaag. I keep reading how easy that boss is and I got trampled last night :( Hopefully more luck today.

Haha I look exactly the same right now. Grass Crest Shield for life! How did you upgrade yours btw? I'm struggling for ideas past +5....

That's no Grass Crest Shield! That's a Black Knight Shield I'm wielding! (Granted it's hard to see because of the angle)

90% Fire damage block on that bad boy, perfect for where I've just finished exploring.

For those of you like me who didn't get in the first batch for official guides at Amazon, I just picked one up from Game. Priced up at £19.99, scanned through at £14.99. I know it a couple of quid more than the Amazon price, but who knows when they'll get more stock?

Finished it :) I think overall I preferred Demon Souls. The online in this one did seem very patchy and I don't think I really enjoyed the last quarter of it at all. In fact I think about half way through I was really looking forward to joining some of the other covenants such as the blue guys in NG+, as it is quite a nice idea. But the last few levels I played through have put me off for the time being. I did have a quick dash though the NG+ to the Taurus Demon, it's not too difficult early on (as I managed it all the way there without dying) the enemies do give a lot more damage but it was just as easy to run past them as it was to kill them.

regarding the ending :

was that really it? a cutscene of me lighting a campfire? what a anti-climax

Great game for the most part, shame about the end IMO.

I didn't and still don't understand the story in this game, I mean I know it's a tiny part of the game but atleast in Demon's Souls I was able to follow it.

right, I keep getting toxic at the start of blighttown without actually taking any hits. WTF?

Are you sure you're not getting hit by the peashooter guys? If you've taken the entrance via the depths I bet it's that and you're just not noticing them.

And yeah, I have no clue what the story in this game is. It doesn't really bother me but it does seem a bit motiveless. Something about...actually no, I genuinely don't have a clue.

I didn't and still don't understand the story in this game, I mean I know it's a tiny part of the game but atleast in Demon's Souls I was able to follow it.

Funnily enough, I've been reading the threads on /v/ (don't ask) and reading some of the parts of the plot on there have me genuinely amazed about some of the story. Half of it I wouldn't have even imagined in the first place but which make a great deal of sense.

Then again, these games were never really about pushing forward the plot as it were about the gameplay itself.

Finally got some time to play for a bit of a stretch, went pretty well through Undead Burg, picking up all kinds of loot and building up a nice collection of souls. Unfortunately I used the Master Key on a door which let me to a huge spiral staircase going down and down and down right into the arms of some big fuck off knight with a sword about as tall as me. While I could block his first assault, I couldn't get a punch in and I was rapidly slaughtered.

Alas! As I fell down, I'll probably won't even be able to make it back to my stash of souls :angry:

Finished Sens Fortress (boss was piss easy, just got up close and twatted him about a bit), then wemt back and forged a divine halberd+1, and took on the catacombs. Have to say i actually loved the catacombs! The hardest part was when the black knight got a super hard on for me and wouldnt fuck off back to his spot, so he was always waiting at the bottom of a ladder for me, with 2 archer skellies at the other end. But got past him i nthe end, cant find this blacksmith tho, even tho i can hear him. The pinwheel boss was fucking easymode too. He only took a couple of hits and died like a bitch

So is the way the weapons modifying works in that.

You modify a weapon up to a certain point, say +5 and then you take it down a certain route - fire, lightening

For example right now in my inventory I have a Large Titanite Shard, a Blue Titanite Chunk, a Demon Titanite and a Dragon Scale.

I'm a bit confused as when you can modify your weapont to certain things tbh.

Stupid questions time.

How do you upgrade weapons with the boss souls? Is it the modify option at a certain Blacksmith?

It's

the Giant Blacksmith at Anor Londo. You'll need a +10 of the correct weapon. Plus 5000 souls.

For everyone:

weaponupgradepath.jpg

The may need modifying, once they get to +5 you need to decde what path to take them down.

I wasn't very clear in that - the perils of posting whilst trying to pay for my supermarket shop :lol:

I know the upgrade route of weapons tends to be +5, then take to the right blacksmith for Blessed / Magic / Raw upgrade options, but some of my armour sets don't appear for modifying even to +1, which has left me a bit confused. The gold hemmed robe set I'm wearing looks fantastic (as does the scarlet anti-curse set I picked up shortly before), but if I can't upgrade it, I'm going to be better off with elite knight armour +lots for most of my game time.

I'm Human and put a summoning sign on the floor just outside the Capra Demon, how long of a wait am I in for before some help arrives?

You need to find someone elses sign and summon them for help. If you put your sign down, you will enter their world to fight the boss, not yours.

Is there a way of getting to Quelaag without getting poisoned? I've been summoned into three games in the past 20 minutes and have been paired with total morons on each occasion, two of whom attacked the enemies in the hallway leading up to her. I wish it was the other way round as I've kindled the bonfire next to her and would be able to keep myself alive longer for the fight if I wasn't a phantom.

Is there a way of getting to Quelaag without getting poisoned? I've been summoned into three games in the past 20 minutes and have been paired with total morons on each occasion, two of whom attacked the enemies in the hallway leading up to her. I wish it was the other way round as I've kindled the bonfire next to her and would be able to keep myself alive longer for the fight if I wasn't a phantom.

From the bonfire instead of turning right head straight across from dry land to dry land until the far wall then follow that right to her area. There's still water to cross but they're smaller stretches so should be able to cross before getting poisoned. This route does have more dangerous enemies, but if you're careful you can get past without being spotted.

That's no Grass Crest Shield! That's a Black Knight Shield I'm wielding! (Granted it's hard to see because of the angle)

90% Fire damage block on that bad boy, perfect for where I've just finished exploring.

Oh haha. Well, it's cool anyway. I've got that backflippy ring of joy now, so I am totally Ornstein'd up. I am going to try and do some Blue Phantoming. Good area for a level 56? Not having much luck in front of the boss room in Anor Londo. :(