IGNORED

Dark Souls - Prepare To Die... You Died.

The Sarge

Has anyone else noticed that very occasionally the controls just don't respond. Like I'll press RB to fire a soul arrow and the character responds 5 seconds later. Same with sword swings. It can leave you vulnerable at the most imopportune moments. Like I said, it happens rarely, but after nearly 40 hours of play it is something that's stood out to me.

This happened to me quite a bit, it happens with drinking estus too.

Has anyone else noticed that very occasionally the controls just don't respond. Like I'll press RB to fire a soul arrow and the character responds 5 seconds later. Same with sword swings. It can leave you vulnerable at the most imopportune moments. Like I said, it happens rarely, but after nearly 40 hours of play it is something that's stood out to me.

Yep, really annoying bug since it always seems to happen at the worst times. It like buffers your attack/estus or something then when you let your shield down it will fire it off.

Killed Ornstein last, that was some fight. Failed so many times with the Sun dude, then just went full out 2 hander with some rolling and beat it easily :ph34r:

It's not something to do with the online stuff is it? Sounds kind of similar to online FPS games that occasionally eat your inputs or suddenly snap you a few yards back from where you thought you were standing, etc. Wonder if it still happens when you're not connected to the internet.

Do you have a divine weapon? If you do the catacombs should be pretty straightforward I found. 3 or 4 hits of my divine halberd would kill each skellington. If you didn't have a divine weapon and had to rely on killing each necromancer I imagine it'd be a nightmare.

You can also pick up a freebie divine weapon in Valley Of The Drakes, need a Faith of 12 to use it though which I don't have yet so leaving it for now. There's no way I'm taking on them without a divine weapon.

As for the hydra flytipper it's not too bad. What you do is

maneouvre yourself whilst approaching the hydra and get its magic to kill the crystal enemies' Then go over to the right handside just beside the water (as in over to the side near rocks/grass). When you are too close to him he resorts to melee and with a 100% damage resistant shield you can just block and hack away at the heads as they come crashing down. It's probably been my easiest fight so far

I need a bit of advice for after that though when you go up the ladder near the hydra. If anyones got a good plan/idea they used that'd be great.

After you go up the ladder (2 ladders really) you can go across a bridge and get attacked by up to 3 of them horrible rat/cat things. Or go the other way and I assume maybe meet someone invisible ? I haven't tried yet but I did read something about an invisible enemy which doesn't sound fun. They don't seem to like fire too much so maybe firebombs ? I can't upgrade pyromancy as I killed the main fella by accident in the depths :lol:

I need a bit of advice for after that though when you go up the ladder near the hydra. If anyones got a good plan/idea they used that'd be great.

After you go up the ladder (2 ladders really) you can go across a bridge and get attacked by up to 3 of them horrible rat/cat things. Or go the other way and I assume maybe meet someone invisible ? I haven't tried yet but I did read something about an invisible enemy which doesn't sound fun. They don't seem to like fire too much so maybe firebombs ? I can't upgrade pyromancy as I killed the main fella by accident in the depths :lol:

They won't come into the trees by the bridge over to them, so you can lure them towards those trees and then play hide and seek. They don't respawn either so its not that bad.

Really starting to enjoy this now. Mainly because I'm onto Sen's Fortress and Blighttown is DONE :D

Okay, so I ground my way to level 40 via the forest crest gate. It is Blighttown, so I don't care. Also managed to come across the back way in (via New Londo/Drakes) which meant I could just go and find boss. Through miles and miles of swamp. Found some ninja gear (as in "Oh shit I look like a ninja" which increases poison resistance) and off I went. Got the ring that lets me move full speed in water and my Pointy Stick Of Holy +2 tore through the little spider things. Mosquitoes can go die in a fire mind. Luckily, this is where my first brainwave came in.

I've been upgrading Pyro Flame, and decided to give Combustion a go. Never bothered with equivalent in prequel. Tried it, still real short range but very quick cast time. Undecided. Try it on flying idiots and BANG the dirt is gone. Hmm, no problem with targeting, hitting or anything. I'd better try it on those fleshy enemies to see i...oh yes it seems to burn quite nicely. Hang on, if I buy another version of same spell can I attune two lots of...OH BABY. Rather nicely it stacks up, so just shows one lot of 32 combustions. I'm now operating it like a short range melee weapon. Wait for opening and they get done. Plus you have enough shots to use it most of the time. I think someone on this forum suggested it but it works so, so well. Plus it isn't tied to magic stat so I can still swing a Zweihander around if I wish.

So find a fog door and enter, ready to flame shotgun the bugger into untimely death. Oh lord, it's a spider. Made of fire. With a woman on top. A naked woman.

[looks at fire hand]

[looks at fire spewing fire spider]

[goes home to crawl into ball]

Wasn't that tricky to be fair. Mainly because I love my heater shield. So she gets dispatched and Sen's Fortress opens. Try the next area along first and it looks amazing. Only problem being the fire tentacle thing ahead. Well souls are spent, might as well give it a g...[HYPER VIPER BEAM][DEAD] Fuck this game. So I go into Blighttown through Depths and grab more stuff. Find a new vendor in swamp. Pyro stuff you say. Well what stuff could you sell that pot bloke doesn't already ha..did you say firestorm? I think someone just said firestorm.

backpain-1292835351.jpg?1300412448

Needless to say saving up all that money is high on my list of priorities. Anyway Sen's Fortress is much easier than Blighttown. Well less horrid framerate and getting lost anyway. Just lots of death. Lots of it. Plus traps are back. Yay? Still using new found talent for setting things on fire I managed to roll past many blades and find a hidden bonfire. After getting a rather large ton of fire dropped on my head.

Game knows what I'm doing and gave me payback in this. Oh god it's in my mind now.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

First time ive actually proper lost it so far was tonight. The motherfucking painted world of fucking arianis. Even blight town didnt make me rage as much as that place.

It wasnt even that it was particularly hard, but the enemies all had quite high HP, those damn harpies got me so many times with their jump on your head and peck you to death move, you cant leave and go somewhere else if its pissing you off, and that fucking bit at the end on the tower bridge with the shitload of hollow soldiers and the archer who shoots at you from miles off while youre trying to kill a giant ass fucking knight. Trying to do it all on 5 flasks cause i didnt want to waste humantiy kindling a fire in a place that youll never have to go back to. Got to what i assume was the end boss but was just like DONE and walked past her to the platform and didnt bother attacking her or anything.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

First time ive actually proper lost it so far was tonight. The motherfucking painted world of fucking arianis. Even blight town didnt make me rage as much as that place.

It wasnt even that it was particularly hard, but the enemies all had quite high HP, those damn harpies got me so many times with their jump on your head and peck you to death move, you cant leave and go somewhere else if its pissing you off, and that fucking bit at the end on the tower bridge with the shitload of hollow soldiers and the archer who shoots at you from miles off while youre trying to kill a giant ass fucking knight. Trying to do it all on 5 flasks cause i didnt want to waste humantiy kindling a fire in a place that youll never have to go back to. Got to what i assume was the end boss but was just like DONE and walked past her to the platform and didnt bother attacking her or anything.

Wow, I really loved the painted world, thought it was totally ace! Put my faith back in the game after the Ash Hollow and Demon Ruins.

Wow, I really loved the painted world, thought it was totally ace! Put my faith back in the game after the Ash Hollow and Demon Ruins.

If i couldve left and come back like everywhere else id have been fine with it. Cause i loved the setting itself. But the fact that once youre in, you HAVE to finish it pissed me off. It was tough for me at my level anyway.

Did a lod of co-op in Anor londo tonight too. Good times, summoned one guy who had an absolute boss mode fire spell which just massacred anything in its way. We managed to take out the bosses on out 2nd try. After i saw them while being the summon-ee in someone elses game i was like yeah, im gonna need help with these fuckers.

Got invaded twice by the same arsehole tho. I know invading is part of the game, but letting someone invade and be invisible and un-lock-onable is taking the piss just a teency weency bit.

Oh an yeah, Anor Londo makes blight town look like the nexus

ahh this is so good. compared with other areas i seem to have been breezing through blighttown; this is largely thanks to having two helpers to fight alongside me. woe has been experienced by many an invader! farming humanity off the rats in the depths has helped no end.

I agree. It's my favourite level.

Regarding Covenants; i've joined them all bar the Gravelord's, and without any penalties. I even betrayed the one with the decent gear. How come you lot are having to pay for absolution? :huh:

So. Where's the ring??

Fight your way through from the nest down into the building, but DO NOT walk through the middle of the big boss hall unless you want to get sidetracked - find your way round to the stairs that lead up to the boss fog door (you know, where you ended up on the balcony that first time around) then just walk past it and in the next room there's a gate you can walk through that'll take you down some broken stairs with the item sitting on them.

There's also something in your cell if you can find your way back there.

I agree. It's my favourite level.

Regarding Covenants; i've joined them all bar the Gravelord's, and without any penalties. I even betrayed the one with the decent gear. How come you lot are having to pay for absolution? :huh:

Buy the Book of the Guilty from Come At Me Bro ( :lol: ), open it, and press RT to search for your name.

Quick question: do you get anything now if your message is + rated by another player? I'm not sure if any of mine have been rated (even though they have all been pretty useful!) but I've not noticed anything happen yet.

Are people just generally not rating messages in this?

Ooooh I just found something which may be of help for anyone going down to that pitch black area in the game (maybe Tomb Of The Giants ?)

After beating the hydra

if you go to the back of the lake you'll come across a crystal golum. Beat it like the others and you've set free an NPC. After finishing chatting go to the riverbank and you'll see a summoning sign. Use it and you can buy various magics and a catalyst from her, including one called Cast Light which emits light in an area.

Apologies if that's well known already, just something I found out there now! :D

As for me I'm just farming a few souls and upgrading a few things. I beat a few monsters including the Demon Ruins one which was so easy I was surprised. I'm not sure if I glitched it tbh or if it's supposed to be like that.