IGNORED

Dark Souls - Prepare To Die... You Died.

The Sarge

The final boss is really annoying me. I'll be doing great and then one bit of bad luck will lead to my immediate death, and I've scoured the area in human form several times without seeing so much as a single summon sign. Not that it keeps the crappy invaders with their 10 metre backstabs out, of course; apparently it's too much to ask that my pyromancy spells hitting them in the face actually do something.

It's one of those exasperating moments where I'm not making progress of any kind, just pissing away resources.

I'm still right at the beginning of this, week off though so intend on getting stuck in finally. Admittedly a mate gave me a tip, that wound up with me getting the drake sword! It has completely changed my play through now, put down the 1st black knight and can get through the red caped knights nicely. Can't wait for what lies ahead, I'm thinking huge black knight or possibly tackle what lies beyond the blacksmith ...well with help.

The final boss is really annoying me. I'll be doing great and then one bit of bad luck will lead to my immediate death, and I've scoured the area in human form several times without seeing so much as a single summon sign. Not that it keeps the crappy invaders with their 10 metre backstabs out, of course; apparently it's too much to ask that my pyromancy spells hitting them in the face actually do something.

It's one of those exasperating moments where I'm not making progress of any kind, just pissing away resources.

I had that experience yesterday. I was trying all the major suggestions such as using magic, parrying him to death, wearing havel/stone armor, using iron flesh and none of it made the slightest bit of difference.

I eventually just went back to doing the old "keeping distance with shield up and attacking when vulnerable routine". Saying that, I still got slaughtered about 15+ times even doing that.

True Greatsword of Artorias

Great Lord Greatsword

Quelaag's Furysword

Smough's Hammer

Dragonslayer Spear

Lifehunt Scythe

Crystal Ring Shield

Dragon Bone Fist

Darkmoon Bow

Greatshield of Artorias

Choas Blade

Those are the ones i have so far. :D

The wiki seems to think there are 3 uses for Gwyndolin's soul, but there are in fact, only 2.

I had that experience yesterday. I was trying all the major suggestions such as using magic, parrying him to death, wearing havel/stone armor, using iron flesh and none of it made the slightest bit of difference.

I eventually just went back to doing the old "keeping distance with shield up and attacking when vulnerable routine". Saying that, I still got slaughtered about 15+ times even doing that.

I actually helped someone else with it earlier and it was a complete breeze, as they kept its attention whilst I shredded its health. I just need to find someone semi-competent!

Whilst plodding back the way I'd come looking for summon signs I thought I saw one off the in the distance. I raced towards it, but it looked a bit different. "What's this, some sort of dragon symbol? Ah, who cares, this guy looks like he can handle himself so I'll activate it!" *PlayerName has invaded* "Ffffuuuuu..."

New Game+ is gliding me in quite gently so far, managed to ring the first bell with relatively little obstruction. Not looking forward to the final third though, and I can't believe I have to go fetch all those sodding embers again... :facepalm:

Guys, I missed that ring that lets you roll about unencumbered as long as you're below 50%. Help a brother out with a location?

While you'll probably need Havel's ring anyway, the ring you're after is the Darkwood Ring. Here's how you get it:

Join the Forest Hunter covenant in the Darkroot Forest, by talking to the grey cat at the window. Appease it when asked questions, otherwise it will not let you join. (I did that accidentally, and had to pay for absolution). Go back outside the building the way you came (assuming you didn't go up the back way from the Hydra) and Shiva should be just outside. Talk to him, and he'll tell you the rules of the covenant. Notice the invisible ninja behind him.

Go to the swamp at Blight Town, and he should appear by the bottom of the water wheel. Before proceeding, you might want to buy some of his unique merchandise. When you're ready...

Kill him. And make sure you kill his Ninja friend too, because he will drop the Darkwood Ring. Now, as long as you have under 50% equip weight, you can flip around like a loony, and run at top speed.

So, about an hour ago, I needed a piss. Not too urgent, but it was nagging at me. But, I was almost at a boss. I could feel it. So I got to the boss, fought him, defeated him, warped back to Firelink, great. Perfect opportunity for a break. Except, well, I kinda wanted to see the next area. So off I warped to Quelaag's Domain. 'Oh yeah,' I thought, 'I should give her all that humanity I farmed last night to get the Chaos Firestorm. That would be sweet.' So I had to sit there tapping on buttons until I had used 30 items, then given them all to her. Jeez, that took forever. Anyway, I'm excited to try it out, so I head into the Demon Ruins and let rip. Not as fun as I thought. :( Well, I might as well get to the next bonfire, since I've been there before and I guess it would be a good place to stop. I work my way through and make it to the bonfire without too much hassle. Now I think 'I guess I could have a look and see what's through the fog door... oooh a path to the right, I should explore that' and then when the Izalith's Domain text comes up, I kill a crystal gecko and then decide to go back to the ruins and explore it a bit more. So I get back to the fog door and have a peek through, only half expecting a boss. Yep. That's a boss. Oh it's the

Tutorial Boss all powered up. Well, I beat that, and I beat the powered up version

so how hard could it be?

Pretty hard actually. The room is small, and there's not a lot of space to get around his huge AoE attack. So I die, but it's not too far from the bonfire, only one proper enemy to kill and I can leg it past the rest, so I do, and I fight him again. And again. And again. For about 15 minutes, until I figure out a good plan, and then finally manage it the time after that. Well, then, it's definitely time to pee now. Almost. So I push on a little bit, and find a shortcut back to an earlier bonfire. Nice. So I push on in the other direction.... and there's a new bonfire! Yay...well.... I guess... that's...a good place... to quit. Okay. Exiting game. Only half reluctantly. I descended the stairs eagerly, flung open the bathroom door and let loose into the toilet bowl. The sweet stream of triumph rang like thunderous applause.

Glad to see im not the only one who had a good old fashioned rage at the painted world :lol:

Just inchign my way through new londo ruins at the moment, i got cursed for the first time ever in the great hollow (managed t oavoid being cursed for over 40 fucking hours, then it happens to me twice in about 5 minutes..rrrgh). So i figured id check out the ghosties in new londo now im cursed and can attack them. Fuck me that place is scary. Made it a good bit in, but then entered a room where i got ganked by like 5 or 6 of the fuckers. :angry:

Still, awesome location. So spooky, the ambient noises in it are awesome.

Went to Ash Lake and kicked the hydras ass too. Dotn see why some people were complaning about that area. Yeah there wasnt much to see but i loved the music and the covenant guy at the end of it looked bad ass!

Reached a bit of an impasse at Anor Londo tonight. Couldn't clear the section with the spindly gargoyle things so traipsed all the way back to Darkroot Basin, nobbled that thing in the lake, and have since taken a couple of ladders up to a new area I've yet to explore. Think I might clear out a few of the areas I've left behind before attempting Anor Londo again. Also, my Drake Sword +1 doesn't seem to cut it anymore. My Lightning Spear's OK but, having upgraded my Scimitar to +4 I've no idea what to do with it anymore. In fact, I haven't the faintest idea what to upgrade and which weapon/armour is worth ploughing a load of time/souls into.

At a bonfire, checking my stats for the spreadsheet on page one, I left the stats screen on while I browsed around on here for a bit when this message popped up a few times at the bottom of the screen:

What?

Sounds like a gravelord (Nito covenant) sent harder enemies to your world, but someone killed him so they disappeared.

Got through the game again on my new character, and now I understand the Lost Izalith hate, losing 7 humanity in the lava because you can't find your soul patch anywhere, fantastic. It's the only zone I don't like now, Tomb of Giants is great with Cast Light spell or the Maggot Helm which emits light.

Take that Sif you CUNT! FUCK YOU!

Also, Iron Golem, TAKE THAT YOU FUCKING PRICK!

Done and dusted.

On to Anor Londo next.

You and me both. That Iron Golem is such a simple fight, making it all the more infuriating when I'd fuck up and die. I must have spent the past hour making stupid mistake after stupid mistake before killing him. What made me properly rage though was getting fucked over by that input lag bug a fair few times, resulting in unnecessary deaths.

To celebrate, I +10ed my Zweihander and now look like a badass ringwraith.

Another late work night - damn you Dark Souls! :lol:

Finished the Painted World after several hours of spouting the foulest language I've used in my life. Those wheely skeletons were the worst offenders, snatching away about 45k souls and 4 humanity, but the bird people raping my face had their moments. At one point my housemate knocked on my door to check I was alright...I'm calling it "Painted World Tourette's". I'm sure I've missed some loot there, but that's for another time. The boss was great fun though, really nice mechanic, and I loved the look and feel of the place. I chopped her tail off too!

...though I did feel kind of guilty about it...

Then took myself back to Anor Londo, and made a fair bit of progress. Eventually reached a certain pair of archers, and had no idea how to get passed them, so recovered my souls and took myself back to the Undead Parish by way of a new vendor I found at Sen's Fortress. Ended the night by mixing my armour set up to look like a black-iron clad reaper, created an Occult Iaito, and levelled a broken straight sword and my trusty bastard up to +10 in preparation for becoming boss soul weapons...if I ever find Anor Londo's smithy. :)

This is a serious contender for my favourite game. Ever.

You and me both. That Iron Golem is such a simple fight, making it all the more infuriating when I'd fuck up and die. I must have spent the past hour making stupid mistake after stupid mistake before killing him. What made me properly rage though was getting fucked over by that input lag bug a fair few times, resulting in unnecessary deaths.

Yeah that's the thing, it's purely our own skills which were lacking but it doesn't stop us becoming mad as fuck and screaming at the tv :D

You can summon Iron Tarkus as well.

He can be summoned by players directly before the Iron Golem boss, summoning sign located in the tower with only the walkway as an entrance.

Those are the ones i have so far. :D

The wiki seems to think there are 3 uses for Gwyndolin's soul, but there are in fact, only 2.

Damn thats deep. We're both missing Moonlight Butterfly Horn though.

Missing a few myself. No Darkmoon Bow, Not Greatshield of Artorias, No Chaos Spear and no Dragonslayer.

But I do have 25 humanity for my NG+!!!

Oh yeah BTW guys just beat it at 72 hours. Level 80 Sorcerer. Beat Lord Gwyn on my first try. He got FAHUCKED!!! by my delicious Crystal Soulmass. His mouth was open and waiting for it.

NG plus is great. I beat Havel and skipped all the way to Darkroot Basin. Fuck the Taurus Demon, I'm going Hydra Hunting!!!

PS Just in time for Bats!! It's out tomorrow!!!

The painted world is a brilliant level, probably my favourite since Undead Burg/Parish, but the boss was pissing me off last night. I know about the footprints thing but she has literally been invisible the whole time everytime I fight her, so I have no idea how big the AOE of her attacks are and she has no health bar so I have no clue how close to death she is and if my weapon is actually doing much damage or not. And I can't leave til I beat her. All the guides online seem to suggest she should be easy.

Oh yeah BTW guys just beat it at 72 hours. Level 80 Sorcerer. Beat Lord Gwyn on my first try. He got FAHUCKED!!! by my delicious Crystal Soulmass. His mouth was open and waiting for it.

NG plus is great. I beat Havel and skipped all the way to Darkroot Basin. Fuck the Taurus Demon, I'm going Hydra Hunting!!!

PS Just in time for Bats!! It's out tomorrow!!!

Who sells the Crystal Soulmass spell ? Don't think I've seen it on my travels just yet.