Forge creations and game variants to try

Kryptonian

K, I'll bite. Someone over at GAF created a decent approximation of Jacinto from Gears of War 2:

Front:

2h58ilh.jpg

Back:

2gxia1s.jpg

Download link: Jacinto

From what I remember Jacinto was a tight, competitive, symmetrical arena-style map, and I *think* it could work really well in Halo. I'd love to give this a run out if anyone fancies it.

I absolutely LOVE the aesthetics on this map:

Frigate1.jpg

Frigate2.jpg

Frigate3.jpg

Frigate4.jpg

Frigate5.jpg

Frigate6.jpg

It's a work in progress, so it's not available to download yet. Creating a Forge map with a unique visual identity is damn hard, but this one has a character all of its own. The only thing I'm concerned about at the moment is the ship's interior space - whether it's actually fun to fun to fight in, or whether it's compromised as a result of its external structure. Regardless, it's great to see someone trying something a bit different. I'll post a link if and when it becomes available.

K, I'll bite. Someone over at GAF created a decent approximation of Jacinto from Gears of War 2:

Front:

2h58ilh.jpg

Back:

2gxia1s.jpg

Download link: Jacinto

From what I remember Jacinto was a tight, competitive, symmetrical arena-style map, and I *think* it could work really well in Halo. I'd love to give this a run out if anyone fancies it.

That looks great :)

Not a Forge World creation, but a custom gametype.

reach_1848784_Medium.jpg

Deception

It's basically an oddball variant where the ball carrier gets exclusive use of the deceiver (hologram) loadout, while the other players busy themselves with chasing ghosts.

It's a minor (albeit frustratingly difficult to put together) variation, but nevertheless, would love some feedback.

download link

That looks great :)

Yeah, I had a little run around it this afternoon and I like it a lot. I can see it working really well in Halo. The layout's pretty simple, but there's enough cover that you can move around the map without being in fear for your life. It feels very 'clean', for want of a better word.

The only weapons on the map are rocket launcher, sniper and concussion rifle, along with two sticky grenades in each tower. The guy who created it opted for AR/pistol starts, but the map is open and expansive enough for DMR/NR action.

Here's another one I like the look of: Sub Base

screenshotgw.jpg

screenshotphj.jpg

screenshotsbx.jpg

screenshotvz.jpg

The guy who created it is looking for feedback, so it may need a bit of refinement. The layout looks interesting, if a little cluttered. It reminds me a bit of Colossus from Halo 2.

Cheers Jon. I've added it to my download queue. :)

Here's another GAF creation:

2r53y2v.jpg

2qnt8va.jpg

Video overview

Download link: Vestal

Description:

Objective Style Map, Symmetrical with Two Bases. Rocket Launcher (center), shotguns (each base up top), plenty of DMR's, Grenade Launcher (far left center)

Teleporter in each base can warp you to the side of the field. This speeds up CTF games and makes it a blast.

Could probably support 8vs8.

Game Modes:

MultiFlag

Neutral Flag

Assault

Neutral Assault

Slayer (Team and FFA)

Headhunter (Team and FFA)

Oddball (Team and FFA)

KOTH (Team and FFA)

If the gametype is not listed above I did not configure it for support.

I dunno what the likelihood is we'll ever pull enough folks together to try these maps. Maybe rather than a tournament we should think about organising a customs night one evening? It'd be great if we could get 8 - 16 of us in a lobby and try out some of these creations.

Here's another map with a unique visual ID:

2aag2t2.jpg

aoot37.jpg

14k8mtv.jpg

It's a work in progress at the mo'. I'll post a link if/when it's available to download.

can you change the colour of the forge elements? surely it would have been easy to add the ability to cycle elements between some colour variants (i remember them saying you could set up a red and blue base for example)..

I don't like all these grey maps, although they do remind me of lego models for some reason...

I just had the exact same thought regarding customs. How about tonight?

I said I'd do a co-op Legendary run with some like-minded amigos this evening. Another night would be good (I'm pretty flexible for the most part). Anyone else want in?

Tobert: not really. You can change the colour on some objects, but it's quite subtle. If you watch the Halo Reach Forge World vidoc on Youtube you'll see what I mean. For the most part though you're stuck with blue Forerunner architecture. I'm afraid it's one of the many limitations of Forge. :/

I was looking for Halo 2 remakes aswell, the Lockout ones I found had one problem or another, though to be fair the best one did only have a problem with the jump from middle to Sniper.

Shadow of Colossus

col1j.jpg

col2.jpg

I've quite liked a couple of the Goldeneye remakes I've seen, no Complex though. If anyone has come across a good version of that, please post.

I was looking for Halo 2 remakes aswell, the Lockout ones I found had one problem or another, though to be fair the best one did only have a problem with the jump from middle to Sniper.

Shadow of Colossus

col1j.jpg

col2.jpg

I've quite liked a couple of the Goldeneye remakes I've seen, no Complex though. If anyone has come across a good version of that, please post.

This is very interesting by appearances. The orange side of one-way shields are bouncy if you place them horizontally, so hopefully it should work for the flag trick. :D