GOG.com

Halo

• 2 weeks later...

Alas, don't think I can bring myself to play through Bioforge now - I remember being amazed by the thing when it was originally released, but even then it was never the easiest of games to control. Adding to the sad fact it now has looks only a mother could love :(

• 2 weeks later...

Huge EA sale on at gog right now. 26 games for $2.39 each including all the Wing Commanders, all the Ultimas, Populous, Syndicate, Dungeon Keepers, Alpha Centauri, Sim City 2000, Magic Carpet, Theme Hospital and some other ones.

What's good of the Ultima series? Sabe, you'll know.

What's good of the Ultima series? Sabe, you'll know.

Everything with the exception of IX. VIII is divisive (and not at all like the earlier Ultimas). VI and VII plus spin-offs are widely regarded as the best, along with the Underworld series. All have aged rather... severely, in terms of interface and graphics.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Putting this here, due to Planescape: Torment chat on earlier pages...

So it sounds like there may be a Planescape follow-up. Chris Avellone not currently involved, but it seems to have his blessing, with another of the original team in charge. Regardless how it turns out, these are interesting times for fans of old school RPGs.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/12/03/planescape-torment-sequel-gets-avellones-blessing/

• 2 weeks later...

GOG's holiday sale is on now. New deals every day until January 3rd. A good way toget some good games on the cheap if you ask me.

My damage so far:

- Inquisitor

- King of Dragon Pass

- Two Worlds - Epic Edition

- Witcher 2

- Sid Meyer's Colonization

- XIII

I really doubt it's up there with the big timeless classics in the genre, from what I've read about the original Czech version it's a flawed game but fine if you like that sort of thing. I don't really have the time to play it right now, but I sneakily fired it up for a bit and I can confirm that 'loads of text' seems like an accurate description - practically each question you ask will be answered with a wall of text enough to fill several entries in the Mass Effect codex :lol:

Also, it doesn't look quite as good when moving because of the cheap animation and at higher resolutions it all seemed a bit tiny.. I set it to 1280x800 on my 1440x900 laptop, looking forward to seeing how it'll go on my 24"1920x1200 monitor. Apart from that it makes great first impression in terms of atmosphere, it really goes to town with the inquisition theme which is great and refreshingly different in this genre. Lots of talking too, with quests and leads aplenty. This just the very beginning mind, but looking forward to playing more so that's a good sign :)

Digging this post up again, seeing as the game's at a stupidly low price now - was it still enjoyable further down the road then?

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone interested who doesn't have these yet, a Dungeons and Dragon pack currently on sale at GOG.

http://www.gog.com/promo/dungeons___dragons_deal

For $21.41 you get:

Baldurs Gate

Baldurs Gate 2

Planescape Torment

Icewind Dale Complete

Icewind Dale 2 Complete

Dungeons and Dragons: Dragonshard

The Temple Of Elemental Evil

Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition

Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone

Digging this post up again, seeing as the game's at a stupidly low price now - was it still enjoyable further down the road then?

Still haven't gotten around to playing it some more since that post :lol:

A friend with similar tastes in RPG's as me told me it's all a bit tedious due to the combat.

• 4 weeks later...

Hostile Waters is for cheap on gog this weekend. Really is a forgotten classic and if the recent Carrier Command reboot disappointed you then you could do far worse than this to see how it should be done. Plus, (the best) Dr Who and Avon from Blake's 7 on voice acting duties! Could it get any better?

• 3 weeks later...