rllmuk
Halo

GOG.com

I fancy giving the X-Wing and Tie Fighter games a go. In the absence of a joystick, what's the best controller for these? 360 or Bone pad? I have a Bluetooth adapter thing, or can I use wired with either of these? 

I gave X-Wing a try a while back and I don't think I could configure my pad, is that the same across the range of games?

GOG is having a Chinese Newyears sale. Currently going through flash sales, where Icewind Dale Special Edition is only $3.99.

• Upvote 1

GoG is having the Most-Wanted-Games-Sale, where 150+ most wishlisted games and DLCs are up to 85% off. Ends on April 23

Some good deals to be had.

I just noticed (first time I've checked in a while) that GOG connect can't work now the Steam privacy setting thing has happened. 

54 minutes ago, milko said:

I just noticed (first time I've checked in a while) that GOG connect can't work now the Steam privacy setting thing has happened. 

It still works, but you need to set your Steam privacy settings to Public while you refresh the tool.

• Upvote 1

oh right, thanks. I thought (having only seen headlines and read no further) they'd somehow broken this which is why Steam Spy is closing.

Devil Daggers is on GOG now, DRM free.

Been waiting for that to stop being Steam-only for a while.
Really like having smaller or older games like Limbo, Inside, Kingdom Rush, Fez, VVVVVV, MDK, Quake 1+2 available as a bunch of installers or zip files on a USB, ready to go whenever.

12 minutes ago, milko said:

oh right, thanks. I thought (having only seen headlines and read no further) they'd somehow broken this which is why Steam Spy is closing.

They've half broken it, albeit for a good reason. Steam Spy relied on everyone's Steam profile data being publicly available, and can't provide an accurate service now this isn't the case. GOG Connect also needs to access your profile so won't work if you make it private, but otherwise it should be fine. I think.

Yeah, Gog's "ok" because it needs you to do your profile briefly.

SteamSpy's data is useless without access to all of them all the time.

If you didn't get or missed the email GOG have introduced user profiles and the default settings were too open for my taste so you may want to take a look in privacy and settings for it.

• Upvote 2

Got a little confused by the playtime metric there too.

I assume they only see that if you play through the launcher.

Episode One: Pod Racer is out on GOG all ready for Windows 7 / 10 and they’ve made it easy to select 16:9 1080p. Surely worth a punt as it’s just a few pence over 6 quid.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dudley said:

Got a little confused by the playtime metric there too.

I assume they only see that if you play through the launcher.

Sounds correct. I've only played through the launcher and mine looks right.

Ooh I wonder if there are any more 90s RPGs/strategy games I can add to the shelving unit of shame?