The High-Res screenshots thread

BrerLappin

Hopefully now with Halo reach and theatre mode this thread wont completely die a death, and apologies if its been done (couldnt find a similar thread) but who doesnt love a good old high res screenshot thread?

I guess as a rule try and keep it to 2 or 3 full size images, and put the rest as thumbnails so it doesnt get too clogged up and youre not scrolling for hours to get to the bottom of any given page. PC, 360, whatever, if you can take a screenshot on it, post it!

Ill start with some Stalker goodness, combined with a couple of Reach screens :D

VJ65y.jpg

ZVsgR.jpg

Spoileriffic Reach screenshot

Q4yqX.jpg

XG7Hu.jpg

• 1 month later...

I got a capture card and new PC earlier this year and I think I really should take more hi-res stills, as opposed to using the thing to record video fodder and then compressing everything down so that it fits onto YouTube... :hmm:

I got a capture card and new PC earlier this year and I think I really should take more hi-res stills, as opposed to using the thing to record video fodder and then compressing everything down so that it fits onto YouTube... :hmm:

Do! And then post them here. I toyed with the idea fo setting up a capture card for my consoles but it seems like far too much faffing about.

The beauty of recording pc games, dont need to compress shit or use capture cards! And on my work connection a 2-300mb video upload takes about 2 minutes :eyebrows:

Nggggh must not buy!

Unsurprisingly it looks delicious compared to the ropey looking 360 version I saw in the gametrailers review.

It actually doesnt look that much better..tho im sure in motion it probably does. BLOPS isnt exactly a beauty queen really. The difference between MW/MW2 on console and PC seems much higher than codblops

Wii games hold up suprisingly well through the Dolphin emulator - from the neoGaf thread - apparently it's very hit and miss as to what is playable and not..

Sonic Colours

soniccolours1ni0f.jpg

Goldeneye

Dolphin%202010-11-06%2017-59-30-52.jpg

Dolphin%202010-11-04%2022-18-28-09.jpg

Dolphin%202010-11-07%2000-47-34-79.jpg

Retro's character models look ~really~ good.. The Bond model looks more like Craig than Blood Stone's..

Kirby

Kirby%20065.jpg

Wii games hold up suprisingly well through the Dolphin emulator - from the neoGaf thread - apparently it's very hit and miss as to what is playable and not..

Dolphin is a great emulator. But yeah its a bit hit and miss and performance is an issue too. Even on my PC some games would stutter a bit (metroid prime), and sound in the wind waker was totally fucked up. But theyre still palyable, and looks great in HD

Arma 2

arma22009-06-2400-14-0prbo.jpg

It actually doesnt look that much better..tho im sure in motion it probably does. BLOPS isnt exactly a beauty queen really. The difference between MW/MW2 on console and PC seems much higher than codblops

The shadowing and antialiasing looked really dodgy in the gametrailers review, especially the self shadowing. Might have just been the bit I saw. The main difference is that the engine runs in sub-HD on the console, which looks a bit bleary to me, rather than detailing or effects. At least the console version has a consistently high frame rate, that's why I'm happy to play Cod on console as well as PC.

What's your spec Brer, I might give dolphin a go.