The Alan Partridge Thread

Comrade

13 hours ago, pulsemyne said:

God alive the prison bit was amazing.

Spoiler

"There's a boys eye" actually freaked me out a bit. I hadn't noticed it at first and had to rewind to see it. Alan's reaction to it was priceless.

I also love John Tompson. From his days in Partridge, The Fast Show, even Cold Feet I've always thought he brightens up everything he's in.

6 hours ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

Reveal hidden contents

"There's a boys eye" actually freaked me out a bit. I hadn't noticed it at first and had to rewind to see it. Alan's reaction to it was priceless.

I also love John Tompson. From his days in Partridge, The Fast Show, even Cold Feet I've always thought he brightens up everything he's in.

His best work is narrating Bargain Loving Brits in the Sun.

"...like real seals.."

Seriously it's such a subtlety brilliant format for Alan. I never thought we'd see great Alan again after I'm Alan Partridge, but the Partridge multi-verse is definitely strong. Loving it.

On 15/05/2021 at 22:31, Weavus said:

The scene with the SAS when they were discussing teams and it cut to Alan saying 'Lads' just cracked me up. This season has been fantastic so far, loving every minute.

This had me in stitches. The way the camera pans across is just perfect.

There's a bit where he's walking through the bracken introducing that segment where he stumbles right before it cuts that really made me laugh. For all the clever lines it's the physical comedy that tickles me the most. Remember that live Comic Relief thing where he trips over some bins and really hurts himself? I was dying.

6 hours ago, Pob said:

There's a bit where he's walking through the bracken introducing that segment where he stumbles right before it cuts that really made me laugh. For all the clever lines it's the physical comedy that tickles me the most. Remember that live Comic Relief thing where he trips over some bins and really hurts himself? I was dying.

Yeah the physical stuff is superb. This bit from the previous series still makes me crease every time I think of it

The Chemsex bit. When he's sort of squatting down looking at something on the pavement and they have something else written a bit further down, causing him to awkwardly squat walk a bit towards it :lol: