IGNORED

The Alan Partridge Thread

Comrade

On 15/04/2021 at 08:42, GamesGamesGames said:

I love how he doesn't pronounce the start of 'From', for added mock-homeliness.

Mmmtheoaaasthouse

This has got funnier the more I listened to it, I could just picture Alan recording that line hundreds of times to get it like that.  Also love the way he throws himself into the theme song 😂

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Actually watched that this week as Andi Peters was at a local chip shop for it for some reason.  Partridge was good, I liked his reaction to Andi Peters being at said chippy in Kilmarnock. 

• 3 weeks later...

It wasn't bad. It wasn't brilliant. The second half was a lot better than the first. There's one part that was hilarious but a lot of it felt quite forced. The last stage show comedy I saw was Reeves and Mortimer which was infinitely better. Doing one character for 90 minutes must be incredibly difficult though and Vic and Bob have so many, that comparison might be unfair.

It's was a good night out though.

£30 for a tour t-shirt though. You're worth millions Coogan.

1 hour ago, neoELITE said:

It wasn't bad. It wasn't brilliant. The second half was a lot better than the first. There's one part that was hilarious but a lot of it felt quite forced. The last stage show comedy I saw was Reeves and Mortimer which was infinitely better. Doing one character for 90 minutes must be incredibly difficult though and Vic and Bob have so many, that comparison might be unfair.

It's was a good night out though.

£30 for a tour t-shirt though. You're worth millions Coogan.

I was there tonight as well. I preferred the first half. Did feel oddly forced in places. Still glad I went though. 

7 hours ago, Stoppy2000 said:

I was there tonight as well. I preferred the first half. Did feel oddly forced in places. Still glad I went though. 

Spoiler

Alan the leather transformer was my highlight. 

The pre-recorded Lyn and lookalike Alan were seamless and brilliantly done. That must have been rehearsed to death. 

I was at the Birmingham show last Friday too. We really enjoyed it!

Didn't really have any idea of what to expect..

Spoiler

... 'Strategem' being pretty opaque in terms of a theme. I loved how intentionally unfocussed and muddled all of the sections and topics felt, really felt like an authentic Apache Productions production. 😄

With the Lynn sections, my first thought was how much it reminded me of Night Trap, was slightly disappointed that a balaclava clad intruder or some local kids didn't cause some kind of real time ruckass for Alan to react to.

The Irish look-alike section was again pretty brilliant!

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Anne Summers said:

Interesting to see additional reporting by Rich Pelley at the bottom. 

Yeah I noticed that too. Someone new on the writing team or a Guardian editor?

5 hours ago, NickC said:

Yeah I noticed that too. Someone new on the writing team or a Guardian editor?

He's a journalist who's written for the Guardian for years but might be remembered by people around these parts as a video games writer from the 80s/90s. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from the 02 show and I thought it was brilliant. Totally barmy in places. As in, a visit from the future by a cyborg robo-Alan with the arse of a leotard-clad girl. And Alan dressed as a sofa. And an amazing guest appearance from Martin Brennan (or Martin McGuiness as Alan calls him by mistake). 

• 3 weeks later...