RPL Rovers - Season 11

sith

sorry, just got back from work,

I'm thinking of trying to keep it as close to the normal setup as we can.

With BigJ out, the big question is what to do with the other CB, i'm tempted to go with pilot and Tommy as CB's me as the any taking the right and left back.

I'd like you(yawdib) to take the CAM, I think we need that role filled as it is the link to the attackers and once or twice this season when the any has had the CAM with have found it hard to get the passing going and found the ball given away too easily.

Gerry at CDM as he can give good protection to the defence while also getting forward.

Then go with supes up top and jazzy as either left or right midfield

Alternatively I am tempted to give pilot the left of right back, me take a CB as part of the any role, then give jazzy the opposite midfielder so we don't have two anys on the same side. Attack being the best form of defence and all that ;)

really well played tonight guys. thought we deserved alot more in the second game. there freekick was amazing. but it was never a foul. so not much we could do about that. to lose the second goal the way we did was annoying. but oh well.

Thanks for being apart of my little AI LCB plan, and we will all be back to normal next week when sith is returns.

Two opposite games I thought; they deserved the most from the game we won and we deserved the most from the one they won..

We probably should have been 2 or 3 up in the first half of that second game, Supercat ended up taking his hardest chance of the game! Good piece of skill to get it though.

Well played all.

Two opposite games I thought; they deserved the most from the game we won and we deserved the most from the one they won..

I didn't see it like that myself. I thought we totally deserved the first game and they just about deserved the second.

Well played everyone was a real team Performance :)

Amazing stuff guys, I'm delighted with our current position considering the constant reshaping of the team, with baring potentially joining us we're getting even better on paper.

I'm going to have some very tough choices come team selection.

tommy :hug::wub:

(can you stay off comms next week as well ;))

HAHA! depends where im playing if i have comms or not! but going off last night i might stop off them ha

I thought after that goal line clearance it would spare us on to get one back! i think if there was another 5 minutes to play we would have got the equalizer.. but it wasnt to be!! probably fair to be taking 3 points each but i dont like fair :P mwahahahaha!!

Well played all, supercat amazing goal!

Please do share ;)

Play out of your skin and catch us on an off day... ;)

Seriously though, Rovers were solid and deserved the opening win. Excuse-wise the conditions didn't help our game and the goals we conceded in the opening game were rough on us, but if we can only score one with 15 shots and their keeper gets man of the match, then there isn't a whole lot else we could do.

Play out of your skin and catch us on an off day... ;)

Seriously though, Rovers were solid and deserved the opening win. Excuse-wise the conditions didn't help our game and the goals we conceded in the opening game were rough on us, but if we can only score one with 15 shots and their keeper gets man of the match, then there isn't a whole lot else we could do.

wambulance.jpg

;)

On a serious note, I might have been bitten by the manager bug, :)

but if we can only score one with 15 shots and their keeper gets man of the match, then there isn't a whole lot else we could do.

Those stats did seem a bit weird though. I remember at half time you guys had apparently had 7 shots, but none of us could remember a single chance you'd had to score.

You completely battered us in the second half though, which is why I thought you probably deserved the points more than we did, despite our defence performing miracles and holding onto the win. In the second game, I don't remember your first goal but I think it was a bit flukey (was it the Gerrard one when he somehow got it round the keeper from a narrow angle?), the second goal was from a free-kick which came out of nowhere though, we certainly didn't deserve to concede from that. At the other end though, we must have created at least 3 or 4 really good one-on-one opportunities with Ronaldo which made me think we deserved the points more in that game, despite your win.

Two wins each was the fair result (better than two draws!), but I thought they were the wrong way around.