IGNORED

Just ordered two games

qloudZ

Ikaruga and Viewtiful Joe are two of my favourite games of all time.

Ikaruga is brilliant, looks amazing, and is truly a test of stamina.

V Joe is cool personified, it is what other games can only strive to imitate, my V Hat makes me look like the coolest boy on the block. :wub:

qloudZ - Keep me up to date on your opinions of both.

Right, since VJ ain't come yet I can't really say anything.

Ikaruga however, very good game. A shit load of reply value. Insanely hard. One downfall, takes a lot out of you. Therefore you can only play for short times. At least me anyways. You might be well 'ard. Requires a shit load of attention to detail and loads of eye-hand co-ordination.

I have neither. ;)

I am getting quite far, though. :D

Just came off it and I feel weird now. Maybe because I'm knackered.

Metroid Prime is great. I just stopped playing it because I was sick of wandering round the same places over and over. I also played on the PC more. :( I'm getting right back into the GameCube now though.

Guest Penguin_Lad
Now, are both these games addictive?

I'm really after some hard games that are annoyingly addictive and keep me coming back for more.

Havn't bought a GameCube game (bar MK:DD, natch) in ages, so I don't know what's out or if its any good.

Guess I'm trying to keep off the PC more.

Any recommendations next to these two?

ask the forum, what a rubbish post

When VJ comes in the post, choose the ADULT option. You'll thank me for it later.

I too have been spending my 'gaming' time divided between my PC and my GC (with a little DC in there also) Call of Duty is the best PC game I've played for a LONG time. Trying to complete Gladius before I get back to VJ among others, instead of getting quite far in one game only to get distracted by the next one, then the next one and so on. Ho Hum.

When VJ comes in the post, choose the ADULT option. You'll thank me for it later.

Choose the KIDS option so you get a fair chance to learn how to play the thing, then test your skills with ADULT. You'll thank me for it later. B)

Choose the KIDS option so you get a fair chance to learn how to play the thing, then test your skills with ADULT. You'll thank me for it later. B)

Yes.

I have 1 credited Ikaruga, but I still havent done VJ on Kids mode.

Now, are both these games addictive?

I'm really after some hard games that are annoyingly addictive and keep me coming back for more.

Havn't bought a GameCube game (bar MK:DD, natch) in ages, so I don't know what's out or if its any good.

Guess I'm trying to keep off the PC more.

Any recommendations next to these two?

ask the forum, what a rubbish post

I wanted to discuss these games.

Go home.

Have you tried chaining the 1st level of Ikaruga yet? Hard, but ridiculously addictive.

I'm crap at Ikaruga...

I point you towards a comment I made earlier in the thread:

EDIT: Since I just uploaded it, and I cant help showing off, to see a video of me playing ch1 in prototype mode, see here. It is a 136chain, and 4.4M score. Pretty much a perfect proto run (16.1MB).

;)

If I get time I might get around to trying to get another 134 chain in arcade mode to capture.. but that is harder than the 136 in proto mode.

I'd definitely recommend both games, I'm currently playing both, VJ I'm on the 5th stage and loving it good challenge and pretty with it.

Ikaruga I can get to the chapter5 bosses but haven't got passed the third form on a single credit yet, grrrrrr.

I'd definitely recommend both games, I'm currently playing both, VJ I'm on the 5th stage and loving it good challenge and pretty with it.

Ikaruga I can get to the chapter5 bosses but haven't got passed the third form on a single credit yet, grrrrrr.

I just cannot get past the 4th level boss.

At least I think its the 4th level. That revolving disc thingy.

How the fuck do you kill it? I know its something to do with the metal strips, but it just keeps squashing me.

:lol:

I love Ikaruga. I am in the world rankings. (98th at Arcade, 30th at Prototype). It used to be in my sig but I removed it. It will return when my rankings are more impressive.

Mess about with chaining on Ikaruga and trying to get really high scores without losing lives. I find it a better use of my time than most other games. Particularly patronising quest based ones with tedious puzzles which people seem to buy in droves and even hardcore gamers still play.

I have them both, haven't played them all that much (due to time rather than any lack of quality) and have come to the conclusion that rather than being stupidly hard, they are games with perfectly pitched learning curves. Sure, they're tougher than most games, but at least there's a sense of achievement as you improve. I'm looking foward to having another stab at them when I've got a bit of time. Both highly recommended.

Viewtiful Joe made it into my top 3 funniest moments in a game the other day... all the way up to level 4 I've merely sniggered at the pause screen voice over guy... but level 5 caused me to splurt out my tea and laugh like a bastard for a good five minutes... it is true genuis. (Oh, and the game is pretty ninja as well)

Yep, I have them both. Even got Ikaruga on DC and GC, although that doesn't stop me being totally shit at both of them. I'm trying!

VJ is a great game too. I've only done the first level really due to no time to play games right now. But from December 8th onwards, gaming ho!

People have been saying to start on kids and play adult later but personally I've started on adults and only played it for two days and have plugged my way through to stage 5 without getting stuck anywhere for too long, its just a personal choice.

qloudZ: for the fourth chapter boss you shoot one of metal strips around the boss till it retracts I think the first one is black so shoot it with white till it retracts all the way then switch colours for the second layer and then switch again for the third and once you've done that you have to get inside the channell where the strips were and shoot the centre, when its firing white beams just stay in there as white and absorb, use lasers when they're fully charged and when it stops firing the beam you should be able to switch to black to finish it off.

Think I'm about 66th in the Ikaruga rankings (checks) crap I've been nudged down to 73rd, rjpageUK is still holding strong up in the top 50 in the 20s or 30s I think.

At least I think its the 4th level. That revolving disc thingy.

How the fuck do you kill it? I know its something to do with the metal strips, but it just keeps squashing me.

If you wish I can capture it to video for you.

Think I'm about 66th in the Ikaruga rankings (checks) crap I've been nudged down to 73rd, rjpageUK is still holding strong up in the top 50 in the 20s or 30s I think.

Down to 31st now! I remember when I was in the top 10! Anyhow, I havent played for a few months, but have gone back recently to prototype mode.

I am hoping to break 30m in proto mode sometime soon.

Incidentally Cheeko if you want some help via videos (either mine, SnapDragons, or the Appreciate DVD let me know!)

cheers rjpageuk but I not so long ago took the plunge and downloaded snaps 32mill video via this 56k modem :s only took about 10 hours and had to keep coming back every 15mins and click on a page or something so it didn't time out, was worth it tho, the video is quality, I was surprised tho that its actually a relatively "simple" run compared to Snaps single chapter vids, just shows that if you keep the chains going and don't lose a life 30mill is actually a realistic prospect, as ever tho the reality is far harder than in theory.

I just want to single credit the game, and when I do my score will definitely be over 20million, then I shall retire.

I was surprised tho that its actually a relatively "simple" run compared to Snaps single chapter vids, just shows that if you keep the chains going and don't lose a life 30mill is actually a realistic prospect, as ever tho the reality is far harder than in theory.

I just want to single credit the game, and when I do my score will definitely be over 20million, then I shall retire.

Good luck with hitting 20m :lol:.

Also, Snaps single chapter vid runs came after his 32.1M run.

His single chapter vids were the level he was at when he hit his 32.3M score on the netrankings (and that was done via a non-perfect run, unlike his 32.1M one).