IGNORED

Say What You See: The Kickstarter - Featuring Jim'll Paint It - NOW LIVE!!

jon_cybernet

• 2 weeks later...

To celebrate the release of the Scary Movies canvas, we hosted a screening of The Exorcist at Somerset House, complete with a Q&A with Mark Kermode, arguably the film's biggest fan. Although, ironically, gaming's least biggest fan.

Ancient reply I know, but Kermode isn't anti-game at all. He's stuck up for them and their right to exist in the past. He simply says he doesn't know anything about them, but that he sometimes likes what he sees (in reference to Super Mario Galaxy, I think!)

Fair enough, didn't mean to mis-represent him, I suspect I just misunderstood his stance.

On another note, we've just launched a new facebook comp to promote the new sitcoms canvas, which is lovely, and was painted by Rllmuk's very own GrannySmiths.

Here's a taste:

facebook-COMP9.png

Head over to facebook.com/swysapp if you want to throw your hat in the ring for a £15 voucher.

• 2 weeks later...

Might be interesting for you to talk about the process of making the canvas Nicole, how long it took and whether it was easier/harder than you thought it would be, challenges involved etc.

Actually while we're at it, if anyone else knows any other artists, we're always looking for people to paint canvases...

Oh, and if anyone's got any suggestions for canvases they'd like to see, post below!

Well Jon making a SWYS canvas was one of the most challenging things I have done to date.

At first it seems like a pretty easy job; I got given the list of sitcoms that were going to be in the canvas and what the clues were and all I had to do was draw them. Well trying to think of the layout and how each of the clues would fit into this space was pretty hard. Just working in my head made my brain melt. I kept having to move stuff around, mess around with the size of it and then changing where all the clues were going to be to make it all fit together.

But once I had it all planned out it was a case of working my way through all the clues and placing them in the canvas. Some where very easy to make and others took a bit more time, some I had to look up what they even were before I could even start. Then once they were all in there I had to add the shadows to fit them into the space properly. Once that was done I was left with near on 200 layers (all named thank god!) I then had to compress them down to 51 layers for the programers (50 clues, 1 background)

Overall it took a couple of months to full complete it. There were things that needed editing and changing along the way to make it perfect and drawing 50 separate clues takes a lot longer then I thought but overall really enjoyed the experience of making something for this app I have been playing since the music canvas first came out.

That's a quick summary of what went down when making a canvas.

Hey guys

Loving this on my iPhone, and have bought all of the canvases, great way to while away time.

Thing is, I'm just about to get an iPad delivered. I would love to play it on that, but would I have to download the iPad version and then re-buy all the canvases? Not sure I would be too keen on that tbh. And I guess the puzzles I've solved won't transfer over either?

• 3 weeks later...

Bit sad there's a lot more chat going on in the GoBang Social thread. Think I obviously need to start posting more diving anecdotes. ;)

Anyway here's a grab from the new Action Movies canvas, which is out Thursday. Think a lot of people here will enjoy this one, really fun puzzles:

action_movies.png

We're also releasing a HUGE new update on Thursday, which includes some major bug fixes and RETUNA* display support for new iPad owners.

There's also a new comp, where you can win a £15 iTunes voucher on our Facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/swysapp

If anyone has any good ideas for canvases too, love to hear about them below!

*I meant retina obviously, but I thought a mouldy old fish version might be good too.

Hey guys

Loving this on my iPhone, and have bought all of the canvases, great way to while away time.

Thing is, I'm just about to get an iPad delivered. I would love to play it on that, but would I have to download the iPad version and then re-buy all the canvases? Not sure I would be too keen on that tbh. And I guess the puzzles I've solved won't transfer over either?

You can download the iPhone version on the iPad and play it in double sized mode, that way you can redownload all the canvases for free if you're using the same iTunes account (although you will lose your progress as you say). Going forward you could get any new canvas you wanted in the HD version.

• 5 weeks later...

It's that puzzling time of the month again! This time it's musicals!

MUSICALS.png

Maybe not one that you guys will get too excited about, but the art is LUSH. It's by the same artist who did the Rock Bands canvas a few months back.

Be great to get any feedback, lest I have to resort to slagging off Rllmuk on Twitter and telling everyone what a bunch of bellends you all are.

*HUGS*

• 1 month later...

This months canvas is Fantasy Movies! You shall NOT PASS!

Er, Unless you buy the canvas. ;)

app-store-HD-3a1.png

This stunning bit of art is painted by Ryan Firchau, an ex-Rare Concept Artist, and you can certainly see the classic Rare look in full force here. Here's a quick Rllmuk-exclusive interview with Ryan for you:

SWYS: Hi Ryan! Ok, so first question - how did you find painting your first Say What You See canvas?

Ryan: The wide range of clues incorporated some subject matter I haven't tackled before so that was refreshing and fun. As a Concept Artist you tend to draw a lot of the same subject matter, so it makes a pleasant change to come out of your comfort zone. I think I probably under estimated the amount of work required to make the canvas look good.The biggest challenge came from a compositional aspect due predominantly to the large number of clues that needed to be incorporated and positioning them within the scene. But it was a great experience!

SWYS: Which puzzle on the canvas was your favourite to paint?

Ryan: Well, I spent the most time on the troll and dragon as they're really the focal point of the whole canvas. But the puzzle I enjoyed painting the most was definitely the one featuring Charlie Sheen - I hardly ever do caricatures so it was a real challenge, but I think I ended up, uh, 'Winning'!

SWYS: Finally, what are your favourite Fantasy Movies (That may or may not feature in the canvas! ;)

Ryan: My all time favorite fantasy film has to be Labyrinth. I've watched that film more times then I can remember. Of course, I also love the Lord of the Rings trilogy - how could you not?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can you assist with this. I downloaded the scary movies canvas as the free one and paid for rom coms.

I had to reset my iPad to stock.

When I installed swys I downloaded Rom coms but it seemed to think this was my free canvas and I am now missing scary movies and have to pay to download it.

Can you assist with this. I downloaded the scary movies canvas as the free one and paid for rom coms.

I had to reset my iPad to stock.

When I installed swys I downloaded Rom coms but it seemed to think this was my free canvas and I am now missing scary movies and have to pay to download it.

We have no server side way of detecting which canvas you downloaded for free, it's stored on the device. Therefore when you've reset that is lost. When you were offered the free canvas in the new install you've chosen Rom Coms instead. Had you chosen Scary Movies as the free one you could have downloaded Rom Coms for free as iTunes will have a record of the in-app purchase. Unfortunately you've never actually purchased Scary Movies via the app store so there's no record. We do have a way of unlocking canvases if you want me to give you Scary Movies for free. Drop me a PM and I'll sort it.

• 2 weeks later...