IGNORED

League Two - Official Dressing Room

tyler

Cheers Wincho, two really close, enjoyable games there. The scoreline definitely felt harsh in the first after I was going well before the crash, but as you say that third was always coming after I had to try and push up for the equaliser. You were definitely good for the win though with some lovely clinical finishing after the restart.

That said, the second game could also have gone either way so I'm certainly not complaining at three points a piece. Apologies for that absolute shocker in the second game; I almost felt bad sticking it in the back of the onion bag. But not quite.

Oh, and also:

If it's any consolation, I'm hurtling towards relegation. So now would be a good time to get your jibes and mockery in, before my stunning comeback that sees me escape by a single point and condemns Billy Brown to the drop instead. :D

Take a look at the table and shove it right up your balls, McSkill.

"We can still survive...or maybe we can't"

Ian-Holloway_1712516c.jpg

Schalke 04 2-3 Blackpool

Blackpool 0-1 Schalke 04

Needing two wins agsinst Billy, or at least four points to have a realistic chance of staying up, a last minute goal from Huntelaar has more or less relegated me. I now need Pants to do the double over Billy, with me doing the same to Wincho.

Oh well.

:(

Cheers for the games Billy, although your winner was late and a little fortuitous with the rebound off the post falling to your man, you were the better team in that 2nd game so probably deserved to win that one. Looks like you've done the Great Escape, I now need a miracle from Pants, who is sadly living up to his name,the useless sack of shite! Come on Pants, do it for me!

Yeah, I felt like I carved out enough chances to win that second game but my finishing was sub-standard at times so it felt harsh to grab a lucky winner at the death like that. You played well in both games and totally outplayed me for long stretches of the first game in particular. I just couldn't get things going until too late in the game and you deservedly held out for the win. I think it's fair to say that if we had evenly matched teams you would have likely wiped the floor with me in both games. Cheers for the games; a pleasure as always.

Charliemouse has been docked a point for not attempting to play in the alloted fixture window. Charlie please go and take a look at your fixture notes.

Charliemouse should clearly be docked a further 20 points. It'd only be fair.*

*and might help keep me up.

Fiorentina season ends in a whimper.......but it's still enough to send plucky Blackpool down

761.gifOneDaveBamber (1 - 1) Wincho 66.gif

Scorers:

M. Harewood 11

J. Vargas 73

Team average rating: 7.05

Blackpool took an early lead when a shoulder barge foul in the penalty area by a Fiorentina defender was waved play on. This meant I had to avoid tackling the crosser to prevent the decision being brought back and a pen awarded. Unfortunately he crossed superbly for Harewood to head home at the back post.

Dave was much the better player and was unlucky not to double his lead in the 72nd minute when a deflected shot came back off the post. To add insult to injury I went straight up the other end but got tackled by his defender. Bad news for dave though as he tried to pass across the pitch and it was cut out by Vargas who strode forward and made no mistake in leveling it.

I had a chance to win it in the 90th when Jovetic was clean through but he hit it straight at the GK

A very lucky draw for me and Dave will be ruing his choice to pass it across the back as it has sent him down (although we didn't know at this point that it had

Blackpool FC - Fiorentina
7 Shots 6
2 On target 4
50% Possession 50%
9 Tackles 24
0 Fouls 2
0 Yellow cards 0
0 Red cards 0
0 Injuries 0
1 Offsides 2
1 Corners 1
28% Shot accuracy 66%
76% Pass accuracy 78%

66.gifWincho (3 - 4) OneDaveBamber 761.gif

Scorers:

D. Vaughn 3

M. Harewood 10

S. Jovetic 17

M. Harewood 20

S. Jovetic 49

L. Varney 51

S. Jovetic 62

Team average rating: 7.75

Dave was fast out of the blocks in this one going ahead with a deflected goal whilst I was still telling him how unlucky he'd been in the last game not to take all three points. He doubled his lead on 10 minutes through Harewood who bundled his way through two challenges and then scored with his second after picking up the blocked shot off the keeper and rolling it home.

I got one back through when working the ball across the box to the man over at the back of the box (Jovetic) who slotted home well from an angle. I was only within touching distance for 3 minutes before Harewood grabbed his second of the game on 17 mins. Goal of the night this one as Dave worked the ball from left to right without me getting near it and then crossed it low for Marlon to slide in and volley home form the 6 yard box - NICE!

I gave myself a sniff scoring again with Jovetic shortly after half time when he picked up a Vargas rebound and tapped home to make it 3-2 to Blackpool. Yet again though I was only within a goal for 2 minutes when Varney turned inside when put through at an angle to finish superbly and make it 4-2.

I wasn't done though and Jovetic grabbed his hat-trick on 62 minutes when Dave failed to clear and the ball fell to the forward just inside the box for him to slap home into the far bottom corner

The game then closed up when it really should have been more open than before and I had no real chances to equalise save for a few long range efforts.

Thoroughly deserved 3 points for Blackpool

Fiorentina - Blackpool FC
12 Shots 13
9 On target 12
47% Possession 53%
15 Tackles 12
4 Fouls 0
1 Yellow cards 0
0 Red cards 0
0 Injuries 0
1 Offsides 0
3 Corners 2
75% Shot accuracy 92%
83% Pass accuracy 79%

Running stats

Top goal scorers

S. Jovetic - 16

A. Gilardino - 14

J. Vargas - 6

A. Gamberini - 1

G. D'Agostino - 1

Highest rated - (Team avg:6.73)

A. Gamberini - 7.4

P. Kroldrup - 7.14

R. Montolivo - 6.85

L. De Silvestre - 6.75

A. Gilardino - 6.71

Sorry Dave - just checked the table and 6 points for Pants against Billy would relegate Billy but it put Pants a point ahead of you thus saving his own skin and not yours as you thought.

Assuming Tommy gets a point from his remaining 4 games (or fails to get a point but avoids getting a negative 17 GD in those 4 games alone) I'm afraid it's Conference football for you next season. On the games we just played I don't see how thats happened as you were a fair bit better than me in both (even with Blackpool) You went down fighting though mate. GL next season

Great summary - nothing really to add there. Cheers for the games!

Today was probably the best I've played all season, so might have given you a bit of a false impression. Failure to hold onto leads this season has cost me dear, but in the end I can have no complaints - my choice of team has probably cost me.

Conference Champions Season 23!

Sorry SaintM I was spying on you last night through xbox.com so I know what the score was :sherlock:

But I havent heard anything from Gambit, I have written down a note and I sent him a message over xbox live. I really dont want my last game to go to the pools

Im looking forward to my games with Charliemouse tonight and need to perform well to try and secure third position. Ive been playing really badly recently and let in late equalisers recently against Bamber and Billy brown to lose vital points that just might have got me top or second.

Its been a good close season with anybody having a chance of finishing in the time 3 or 4 for most part of it and you cnat take any games for granted as ive found out everybody can perform well on their day.

See you at 9.30 tonight Charlie.

John

Pants' games are against Billy so whilst two wins may save him and leapfrog him above you Billy woudl take his place in teh drop zone rather than you.

Kazit needs to make up a GD of 27 to go above you so I think it's fair to say you are safe Tommy

Well done with a really shit team mate - why'd you pick them anyway? :ph34r:;)

Charliemouse 2 -1 Tommymat

Tommymat 1-1 Charliemouse

Charliemouse 1-1 Kirky72

Kirky72 0-0 Charliemouse

Well my season ends with 4 of the closest games I think I have ever had. Apart from the goals there was hardly a decent chance in all 4 games and the games were just midfield scraps with some solid defensive play.

My goal against Kirky though was just comical and I can imagine he is pretty pissed off with his goalie right now.

I think I have enjoyed this season the most and its been a pleasure to control the mighty Cassano, shame the rest of the team is pretty pants though.

So thanks to everyone I have played this season and sorry to Wincho and Tommy for fucking you about and not getting our games done on time.

Charliemouse 2 -1 Tommymat

Tommymat 1-1 Charliemouse

Charliemouse 1-1 Kirky72

Kirky72 0-0 Charliemouse

Well my season ends with 4 of the closest games I think I have ever had. Apart from the goals there was hardly a decent chance in all 4 games and the games were just midfield scraps with some solid defensive play.

My goal against Kirky though was just comical and I can imagine he is pretty pissed off with his goalie right now.

I think I have enjoyed this season the most and its been a pleasure to control the mighty Cassano, shame the rest of the team is pretty pants though.

So thanks to everyone I have played this season and sorry to Wincho and Tommy for fucking you about and not getting our games done on time.

Too right Charliemouse, I nearly slung my controller through the window. I needed 4 points over the two games to hop over Zappomusic and fend off Gambit .

It was extremely tight and other then hitting the post and a comical ping pong moment i didnt have too many chances so was happy to score on 66. Only for fifa to take over on 71 minutes with a fairly harmless ball across the area saw my keeper cming a couple of steps towards the ball and then back stepping while at the same time my closest defnder wouldnt select to walk back a few paces to get the ball leaving your forward who started miles away to come through and tap in once my keeper decided to come out. I down loaded the clip to remind me what a pile of shite Fifa can be at times. Pissed of playing all season for this comedy of errors to happen in the last game, its probably happened before but the timing this time was crucial and really pissed me off.

Have i mentioned that Fifa AI really pisses me off at times.

A good season overall with some good close games and no real walkovers, Ive fallen apart towards the end and just cant create enough as my stats show very tight at the back but just not enough goals.

Thanks everybody see you next season.

John

I'm stupid I have just noticed that I am more or less doomed for the drop so much for my great escape. Just noticed that pants plays billy so it now means pants needs to beat Billy twice and I need to beat gambit by a cricket score twice to stand a chance.

Ah well drop it is then, serves me right for waiting half the season before picking up any points! Lol