League Two - Official Dressing Room

tyler

Well hello everyone and goodbye. With the level of activity in here I am not sure anyone would even notice but sorry to say I am leaving the Fifa 1 vs 1.

Spoke to Saint and he has a replacment lined up else I would have fufilled my obligation.

So good luck, enjoy the season and maybe if BAP and online clubs gets fixed I might get back my enthusiasm for the game. If anyone needs a confidence builder before a big game feel free to give me a shout but I will probably be on NBA Jam.

Hi Pants

Sorry ive been that busy chasing Funtime Dave up for our fixture I have overlooked our, when can we play our fixtures? Tonight anygood from 9 or 10pm?

John

Kirky

You need to use The League website and fixture notes (rather than this thread) to arrange league games mate It's just cup games that are arranged via the relevant Cup thread :D

56.gifPants McSkill (0 - 5) kirky72 625.gif

Fenerbeche managed to shake off their nervous start to the season after suffering previous defeats by starting the game strongly, going two goals up after 25 minutes with a great curling shot by Niang from just out side the area. Stuttgart suffered a red card shortly afterwards before the game was put out of reach just before half time with a routine goal for so good they named him twice Kazim Kazim.

Stuttgart then had another player sent off in the second hald and the 9 men made a few chances to their credit before the pressure built and the forwards managed to stay on side and put the game beyond doubt.

Goals. 10mins Alex, 25mins Niang, 45mins Kazim Kazim, 71mins Alex, 76mins Emre.

pick of the bunch : Niang 25 minutes. http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/47036913

VfB Stuttgart - Fenerbahce SK
5 Shots 14
3 On target 10
43% Possession 57%
13 Tackles 10
3 Fouls 2
1 Yellow cards 0
2 Red cards 0
0 Injuries 0
60% Shot accuracy 71%
76% Pass accuracy 83%

625.gifkirky72 (3 - 0) Pants McSkill 56.gif

<The game was tighter then the score line suggests but the Feners managed to make the most of their chances and uncharacteristically conver a high percentage. Stuttgart actually had more possesion of the ball but struggled to make it tell against a well marshalled defence and couldnt find a break through. Fenerbeche managed to make the most of a couple of chances through one on one with the keeper and a classy Niang header from a left wing cross was the best of the goals.>>

goals. 37mins Alex, 65mins Niang, 82mins Niang.

Fenerbahce SK - VfB Stuttgart
8 Shots 4
5 On target 2
47% Possession 53%
8 Tackles 6
3 Fouls 0
62% Shot accuracy 50%
76% Pass accuracy 81%

Running stats

Nice results Kirky. Looks like i caught you cold!

I'm likely to be out of action for a few days chaps after burning my thumb pretty badly on a firework fuse earlier this evening :doh:

I'd like to tell people it was on 'Screaming Death Bomb' but unfortunately it was actually something like 'Sherbet Shower'

Fucking painful still though!

Today the league says goodbye to FuntimeDave, i'm sure some of us will see you in bappage when we are back on. Welcome Kazit to league two, if you have two hands and good eyesight you shouldn't have any problem with these amateurs. Good luck and get stuck in.

Palmero Put Faith In New Manager Kazit

After a poor start to the season, Palmero have parted ways with manager FuntimeDave only to be replaced by inexperienced manager Kazit. Little is known about the quality of this new manager and it remains to be seen if fans concerns will be realized and if this manager will be able to produce the results expected!!!

post-11693-061315700 1289165547_thumb.jp

Welcome Kazit.

Ignore the lack of chatter in the dressing room, people are still a bit in awe at the amazing skills the league inherited when myself and Wincho were unjustly relegated into it.

I was glad to see that my comrades in Moscow reacted positively to the recent criticism and gave the Italian menace a proper tonking. (match reports forthcoming?)

Glorious Kazan make that same journey tonight. I expect Sampdoria to be looking to bounce back and avoid becoming a favoured destination for all Russian teams...

I'm likely to be out of action for a few days chaps after burning my thumb pretty badly on a firework fuse earlier this evening :doh:

I'd like to tell people it was on 'Screaming Death Bomb' but unfortunately it was actually something like 'Sherbet Shower'

Fucking painful still though!

Damage not as bad I first thought (I heel like a vampire!) A few painkillers and a bit of extra padding to stop the skin from sliding about and I'll be good to go again

760.gifxyzgames (2 - 0) kirky72 625.gif

The game started with the ball zipping around but mainly to the opposition as both sides struggled to build up any structured play and the

tackles flew in from all angles. Eventually CSKA edged through after making the most of their chances with D Semberas creeping forward from left back to score with a drive from just outside the 6 yard box. CSKA were then helped by some dodgy defending from Fenerbeche with Yob miscontrolling the ball on the edge of the box. CSKA managed to with stand a late surge from Fenerbeche as they went close on a few occasions but alcked quality with the final ball and some scruffy finishing.

Goals. D Semberas 17 mins, Vagner Love 61 mins.

PFC CSKA Moscow - Fenerbahce SK
8 Shots 5
7 On target 2
49% Possession 51%
4 Tackles 16
0 Fouls 2
0 Yellow cards 0
0 Red cards 0
0 Injuries 0
87% Shot accuracy 40%
78% Pass accuracy 80%

625.gifkirky72 (3 - 1) xyzgames 760.gif

Fenerbeche were quickly out of the blocks in this game and excerted some good early pressure which told on 24 minutes with a goal from Topuz who got forwrd well from midfield to finish smartly. Niang added to lead just on the stroke of half time as tempers were flaring with CSKA moscow who started to dive into a few tackles and received 2 yellow cards. However CSKA Moscow improved in the second half and scored on 51minutes only for Fenerbeche to hit back 5 minutes later with another goal from Niang.

Goals : Topuz 24mins, Niang 45mins, Honda 51 mins Niang 56mins.

Fenerbahce SK - PFC CSKA Moscow
11 Shots 7
4 On target 5
53% Possession 47%
15 Tackles 16
0 Fouls 4
0 Yellow cards 2
0 Red cards 0
0 Injuries 0
36% Shot accuracy 71%
85% Pass accuracy 84%

Running stats

737.gifTommyMAT (2 - 2) Wincho 66.gif

Scorers:

Rafael Sóbis x 2

Team average rating: 6.73

Really tight game with Fiorentina taking the lead, porto came back with the equaliser quickly followed by another to take a 2-1 lead, straight from the kick off Fiorentina scored to make it 2-2 porto held on for the last 20 mins ending in a lucky draw for the Brazilians

Internacional - Fiorentina
5 Shots 9
3 On target 7
55% Possession 45%
10 Tackles 14
1 Fouls 3
1 Yellow cards 1
0 Red cards 0
0 Injuries 0
0 Offsides 2
0 Corners 1
60% Shot accuracy 77%
79% Pass accuracy 80%

66.gifWincho (0 - 0) TommyMAT 737.gif

Team average rating: 6.94

This was an intense game with very very limited chances, i think these stats were exactly the same in the first half as they were at the end, ha, sorry again for the lac of comms in the second hald as i was on the phone!!

Great games all the best for the rest of the season

Fiorentina - Internacional
4 Shots 2
3 On target 0
49% Possession 51%
8 Tackles 13
2 Fouls 1
0 Yellow cards 0
0 Red cards 0
0 Injuries 0
0 Offsides 2
2 Corners 0
75% Shot accuracy 0%
79% Pass accuracy 78%

Running stats

Top goal scorers

Rafael Sóbis - 4

G. Sorondo - 2

Andrés D'Alessandro - 1

Ilan - 1

Nei - 1

Highest rated - (Team avg:6.97)

G. Sorondo - 7.78

Bolívar - 7.57

Andrés D'Alessandro - 7.2

Giuliano - 7.15

Renan - 7.1

737.gifTommyMAT (2 - 2) Wincho 66.gif

Scorers:

J. Vargas 24

Rafael Sobis 50

Rafael Sobis 74

S. Jovetic 79

Team average rating: 6.36

Tight game in which I took a 1-0 lead into half time. I had a couple of goal mouth scrambles that I have no idea how either of them did not add to that lead but there you go. Tommy was always dangerous at the other end with skills a plenty on show. My goal was a cross to the back post which was headed home by the monster that is Vargas. Tommy got back on terms with a carbon copy of that goal at the other end.

I decided to go ultra offensive in search of the win and created a few half chances in doing so but nothing clear cut.

Tommy soaked it up and then hit me with a hammer blow on the break. A superb lofted through ball from deep in his own half put Sobis through and Tommy rounded the keeper superbly before tapping in t take a 2-1 lead.

I kept knocking at the door and eventually got Jovetic clear and made no mistake in leveling the game. There were still time for scares at either end but there were to be no more goals.

Pretty tight but was a bit gutted not to take the 3 points if I'm honest.

Internacional - Fiorentina
5 Shots 8
3 On target 7
55% Possession 45%
10 Tackles 14
1 Fouls 3
1 Yellow cards 1
0 Red cards 0
0 Injuries 0
0 Offsides 2
0 Corners 1
60% Shot accuracy 77%
79% Pass accuracy 80%

66.gifWincho (0 - 0) TommyMAT 737.gif

Team average rating: 6.43

Not one for the spectators this with only 6 attempts at goal from the two teams. Despite not having a shot on target Tommy had two great chances to win it where I had no real clear cut opportunities

Defences ruled the day but if anything I should be happy with the point on the balance of play as Tommy was better than me in this one

Fiorentina - Internacional
4 Shots 2
3 On target 0
49% Possession 51%
8 Tackles 13
2 Fouls 1
0 Yellow cards 0
0 Red cards 0
0 Injuries 0
0 Offsides 2
2 Corners 0
76% Shot accuracy 0%
79% Pass accuracy 78%

Running stats

Top goal scorers

S. Jovetic - 5

A. Gilardino - 4

J. Vargas - 1

R. Montolivo - 1

Highest rated - (Team avg:6.59)

R. Montolivo - 6.98

A. Gamberini - 6.95

M. Pasqual - 6.77

S. Frey - 6.77

P. Kroldrup - 6.67

Cheers for two exciting, tight games Tommy. GL with the rest of your matches

CM7no.gifWarning: Stat free zone!CM7no.gif

Cheers for the games Charlie.

I was so lucky in the first game , I mean I scored with almost my only shot.

In the 2nd game though while you were the better team , I still missed 3 sitters which could have changed things.

I have decided I play better with the mic on as it makes me less likely to have strop when I go 2-0 down.

I enjoyed chatting to you as well especially your constant moaning at Martins in the 1st game.

76.gifCharliemouse (2 - 1) Kazit 73.gif

In Palmero's first match under new rookie manager kazit all seemed to be going well when his side edged into an early lead to the joy of the away fans. Their joy however was to be short lived as the quality of sampdoria and in particular Cassano started to shine and quickly got back onto level terms. As the match went on sampdoria grew stronger and eventually grabbed the lead to the relief of their fans after some poor finishing. In the latter stages of the match palmero offered little in attack and could count themselves lucky not to go further behind. At 2-1 it stayed and on reflection a fair result.

Sampdoria - Palermo
13 Shots 7
10 On target 3
46% Possession 54%
11 Tackles 6
6 Fouls 0
1 Yellow cards 0
0 Red cards 0
0 Injuries 0
76% Shot accuracy 42%
72% Pass accuracy 83%

73.gifKazit (0 - 3) Charliemouse 76.gif

After a narrow defeat in their opening game under new manager kazit, palmero set out with good intentions to make an impression on the league table and intentions is how is stayed. As sampdoria showed a masterclass in free flowing attacking football often opening up the palmero defence only to be stopped by an outstanding display by the palmero goalkeeper. After chance after chance the deadlock was finally broken and sampdoria grabbed the lead only to follow that up with two more in quick sucession. Sampdoria may feel that they should have added more to their tally and the only good point that manager kazit can take from their players performance was their commitment to keep trying to the end. In the end a harsh reality check for palmero.

Palermo - Sampdoria
7 Shots 19
2 On target 13
51% Possession 49%
11 Tackles 18
1 Fouls 2
1 Yellow cards 0
0 Red cards 0
0 Injuries 0
28% Shot accuracy 68%
76% Pass accuracy 73%

Running stats

761.gifOneDaveBamber (2 - 3) zapp0mus1c 25.gif

In this eagerly anticipated match the mighty Blackpool hosted the hit and miss Bordeaux. The game was swings and roundabouts with Bordeaux taking a 2-0 lead through Jussie and Wendel, Blackpool pulled one back from the kick off when the Bordeaux defense were asleep. The 2nd half was very open with Blackpool looking dangerous every time they went forward but sure enough Plasil picked up a loose ball in the box and slotted home in the 90th minute. 3-1. The game wasn't over though as Blackpool again scored straight from the kick off. 2 minutes extra time seemed about 10 minutes by the time the ref finally blew the whistle but a tidy win for Bordeaux.

Blackpool FC - Girondins de Bordeaux
10 Shots 12
6 On target 9
45% Possession 55%

25.gifzapp0mus1c (2 - 1) OneDaveBamber 761.gif

The 2nd match was almost a carbon copy of the first when Bordeaux took the lead after already hitting the post early on. Gouffran giving the home side the lead on the 45 minute mark. Bordeaux extended their lead early in the 2nd half when Fernando broke through and slotted home at the keepers near post. Blackpool came on strong after this and made the away team wobble in the 83rd minute, Harewood breaking through to make it 2-1. Sure enough Bordeaux just about hung on to the win giving them their first double of the season!

Girondins de Bordeaux - Blackpool FC
9 Shots 5
5 On target 4
59% Possession 41%

Cheers for the games Dave. You maybe deserved something out of the 2nd match but the Fifa gods weren't smiling in your direction! Good luck for the rest of the season!

66.gifWincho (1 - 2) Gambit 741.gif

Scorers:

K. Jones 11

A. Gilardino 27

Tuncay 79

Team average rating: 6.37

2 typically Stoke goals sealed a win for Gambit but despite the nature of the goals he thoroughly deserved the 3 points. Kenwynne put Stoke ahead after over-running the ball only for the resulting tackle to fall back to him. His first shot was saved but the rebound headed home despite pressure from two defenders

I equalised when a very hopeful cross was headed home well by Gilardino

Gambit battered me and spurned a couple of decent chances before breaking through a tackle with Tuncay and finishing superbly to put Stoke ahead with 10 to play. That goal seemed to wake my boys up and a succession of attacks were thwarted before the final shot could be hit. Gambit held on but was fully deserved of the three points

Fiorentina - Stoke City FC
4 Shots 13
2 On target 10
52% Possession 48%
15 Tackles 8
3 Fouls 1
0 Yellow cards 0
0 Red cards 0
0 Injuries 0
3 Offsides 0
0 Corners 0
50% Shot accuracy 76%
77% Pass accuracy 75%

741.gifGambit (1 - 2) Wincho 66.gif

Scorers:

R Fuller 3

P. Kroldrup 8

A. Gilardino 71

Team average rating: 7.08

Great defensive display by the Italians following a terrible start when Fuller gave Stoke a lead after heading home well from a great cross from Stoke's first attack

Kroldrup gave Stoke a taste of their own medicine when he powered home a header from a corner to level it with just 8 minutes gone.

A scrappy game where neither side were able to create any clear cut chances was decided when Jovetic broke through on 71 minutes, only to have his shot saved and pushed out wide. The rebound was squared up though and Gilardino made no mistake to snatch a win when a draw was on the cards

Stoke City FC - Fiorentina
5 Shots 6
3 On target 6
48% Possession 52%
8 Tackles 23
3 Fouls 3
0 Yellow cards 0
0 Red cards 0
0 Injuries 0
0 Offsides 4
1 Corners 1
50% Shot accuracy 100%
72% Pass accuracy 77%

Running stats

Top goal scorers

A. Gilardino - 6

S. Jovetic - 5

J. Vargas - 1

P. Kroldrup - 1

R. Montolivo - 1

Highest rated - (Team avg:6.62)

A. Gamberini - 7.12

P. Kroldrup - 6.98

R. Montolivo - 6.82

L. De Silvestre - 6.74

M. Pasqual - 6.64

Great close games Gambit - Good luck with the rest of your season mate

761.gifOneDaveBamber (2 - 3) zapp0mus1c 25.gif

In this eagerly anticipated match the mighty Blackpool hosted the hit and miss Bordeaux. The game was swings and roundabouts with Bordeaux taking a 2-0 lead through Jussie and Wendel, Blackpool pulled one back from the kick off when the Bordeaux defense were asleep. The 2nd half was very open with Blackpool looking dangerous every time they went forward but sure enough Plasil picked up a loose ball in the box and slotted home in the 90th minute. 3-1. The game wasn't over though as Blackpool again scored straight from the kick off. 2 minutes extra time seemed about 10 minutes by the time the ref finally blew the whistle but a tidy win for Bordeaux.

Blackpool FC - Girondins de Bordeaux
10 Shots 12
6 On target 9
45% Possession 55%

25.gifzapp0mus1c (2 - 1) OneDaveBamber 761.gif

The 2nd match was almost a carbon copy of the first when Bordeaux took the lead after already hitting the post early on. Gouffran giving the home side the lead on the 45 minute mark. Bordeaux extended their lead early in the 2nd half when Fernando broke through and slotted home at the keepers near post. Blackpool came on strong after this and made the away team wobble in the 83rd minute, Harewood breaking through to make it 2-1. Sure enough Bordeaux just about hung on to the win giving them their first double of the season!

Girondins de Bordeaux - Blackpool FC
9 Shots 5
5 On target 4
59% Possession 41%

Cheers for the games Dave. You maybe deserved something out of the 2nd match but the Fifa gods weren't smiling in your direction! Good luck for the rest of the season!

Confirmed.

Thought I was unlucky not to get at least a point over the two games, but my team just let me down a couple of times with pace at the back when you got away from me.

Well played, and cheers for the games.

76.gifCharliemouse (2 - 1) Kazit 73.gif

In Palmero's first match under new rookie manager kazit all seemed to be going well when his side edged into an early lead to the joy of the away fans. Their joy however was to be short lived as the quality of sampdoria and in particular Cassano started to shine and quickly got back onto level terms. As the match went on sampdoria grew stronger and eventually grabbed the lead to the relief of their fans after some poor finishing. In the latter stages of the match palmero offered little in attack and could count themselves lucky not to go further behind. At 2-1 it stayed and on reflection a fair result.

Sampdoria - Palermo
13 Shots 7
10 On target 3
46% Possession 54%
11 Tackles 6
6 Fouls 0
1 Yellow cards 0
0 Red cards 0
0 Injuries 0
76% Shot accuracy 42%
72% Pass accuracy 83%

73.gifKazit (0 - 3) Charliemouse 76.gif

After a narrow defeat in their opening game under new manager kazit, palmero set out with good intentions to make an impression on the league table and intentions is how is stayed. As sampdoria showed a masterclass in free flowing attacking football often opening up the palmero defence only to be stopped by an outstanding display by the palmero goalkeeper. After chance after chance the deadlock was finally broken and sampdoria grabbed the lead only to follow that up with two more in quick sucession. Sampdoria may feel that they should have added more to their tally and the only good point that manager kazit can take from their players performance was their commitment to keep trying to the end. In the end a harsh reality check for palmero.

Palermo - Sampdoria
7 Shots 19
2 On target 13
51% Possession 49%
11 Tackles 18
1 Fouls 2
1 Yellow cards 0
0 Red cards 0
0 Injuries 0
28% Shot accuracy 68%
76% Pass accuracy 73%

Running stats

Good report there mate. :D

As usual my mediocre team were saved by the skill of my 2 forwards, has there ever been a more 2 men team, well apart from Liverpool these days than Sampdoria.

Cheers for the games and good luck with the rest of the season.

55.gifBilly Brown (0 - 4) zapp0mus1c 25.gif

A new line-up saw Bordeaux finally hit their stride in League 2. The match started with Schalke firmly on the front foot but good possession didn't really go anywhere. Bordeaux began to come back into the match after 10 minutes with a few shots stinging the hands on Neuer. The breakthrough came in the 18th minute when Fernando stood up a ball to the back stick perfectly with Wendel on hand to nod in. 1-0. Bordeaux slowly became the dominant force in the match with good crisp passing and strong tackling in midfield. This eventually led to a chip ball leaving Wendel 1v1, who slipped a square ball to Jussie for a tap in. 2-0. The 2nd half was much the same as the first with Schalke again starting the better, testing Carasso on several occasions. However, the game was beyond Schalke in the 67th minute when a superb move involving Fernando chipping through for Wendel, who cleverly headed square for Plasil on the edge of the box. Plasil then calmly slipped the ball past Neuer into the bottom right. 3-0. Bordeaux continued pushing forward in confident fashion which led to Wendel finishing the scoring in the 86th minute. 4-0 the final score.

FC Schalke 04 - Girondins de Bordeaux
3 Shots 13
0 On target 11
43% Possession 57%
10 Tackles 9
1 Fouls 1
0 Yellow cards 0
0 Red cards 0
0 Injuries 1
1 Offsides 1
1 Corners 1

25.gifzapp0mus1c (1 - 0) Billy Brown 55.gif

The second match was a whole lot closer in terms of the scoreline. The first half was incredibly close with both teams looking dangerous going forward. Some desperate defending at both, including Schalke 2v1 with Chalme in the Bordeaux defense, one way then the other, Chalme suddenly appeared with the ball! The second half was much more in Bordeaux's favour as they started the half having had only 2 shots in the first! But Schalke had the first real chance of any note when a Hunterlaar header crashed back off the post into the relieved arms of Carasso. Bordeaux went straight up the other end and a Jussie cross saw a Diarra header crash off the crossbar, shortly followed by Wendel hitting the left post after breaking through the Schalke back line. The game looked destined for a draw until Jussie popped up at the right place at the right time. Schalke only half cleared a corner from the left, Jussie picked up the ball 20 yards out, stumbled through one tackle before smashing the ball under Neuer. 1-0. Schalke couldn't get past a determined Bordeaux defense in the final minutes and the French hung on to a well deserved, if lucky, win.

Girondins de Bordeaux - FC Schalke 04
15 Shots 5
9 On target 1
56% Possession 44%
6 Tackles 7
0 Fouls 2
0 Yellow cards 1
0 Red cards 0
0 Injuries 0
0 Offsides 1
4 Corners 0

Cheers for the games Billy! Really thought you were going to snatch the 2nd match...Hunterlaar :ph34r: well played. Good luck for the rest of the season :)

56.gifPants McSkill (0 - 0) TommyMAT 737.gif

Team average rating: 7.03

Well another draw for the brazilians. limited clear cut chances through the game ment the game ended in a scoreless draw

VfB Stuttgart - Internacional
8 Shots 4
6 On target 4
53% Possession 47%
18 Tackles 17
5 Fouls 1
0 Yellow cards 0
0 Red cards 0
0 Injuries 2
0 Offsides 0
1 Corners 1
75% Shot accuracy 100%
74% Pass accuracy 73%

737.gifTommyMAT (1 - 1) Pants McSkill 56.gif

Scorers:

Rafael Sóbis

Team average rating: 6.95

Alot more chances in this one, with stuttgart taking the lead mid way through the first half, Porto scored the equalizer quickly after, with a good few chances the game could have been won by either side in the second half but neither managed to capitalise with poor finishing.

Internacional - VfB Stuttgart
9 Shots 7
8 On target 6
48% Possession 52%
12 Tackles 14
1 Fouls 4
0 Yellow cards 0
0 Red cards 0
0 Injuries 0
2 Offsides 5
2 Corners 1
88% Shot accuracy 85%
77% Pass accuracy 77%

Running stats

Top goal scorers

Rafael Sóbis - 5

G. Sorondo - 2

Andrés D'Alessandro - 1

Ilan - 1

Nei - 1

Highest rated - (Team avg:6.97)

G. Sorondo - 7.92

Bolívar - 7.54

Renan - 7.19

Andrés D'Alessandro - 7.18

Giuliano - 6.99

Well played Pants all the best with the rest of the season

i know mate!!! i think its talking on the Mic im gunna have to stop it,,,, 1 cos i dont concentrate like i need to and 2 cos i feel nasty when i score lol!!!

I'm blaming the mic for my two losses this season as well! The only two i've played with the mic were against Saint....damn that distracting idle chit-chat :twisted: