League Two - Official Dressing Room

tyler

Harsh comment there Saint :o

League 2 is big stuff for some of us :eyebrows:

All my opponents so far this season (including cup!) have had comms. Which is great :)

The idea of giving up comms to improve ones performance is the dark side.

And not the cool Darth Vader dark side, it's the rubbish 5 mins screen time then dead Darth Maul dark side.

Just thought I'd mention (for those that only read this thread) that website news this week features League 2:

On the front page:

http://www.rllmukfootballleague.co.uk/index.asp

Everyone gets a mention, even FTD who has left the league! (apart from ODB and Tommy who are both dull anyway)

What about poor old zapp0 :unsure:

When Billy confirms our matches I'm up to 3rd...surely that's worth a mention :quote:

All my opponents so far this season (including cup!) have had comms. Which is great :)

And not the cool Darth Vader dark side, it's the rubbish 5 mins screen time then dead Darth Maul dark side.

Alright Yoda, calm down...

I haven't given up, just a coincidence that I was on comms when I lost to you! Although Donnie beat me in the cup when I wasn't on comms

Ok i wont give up comms, but please people expect some cuntish behaviour and strong swear words along with excitement when (if) i score ha

25.gifzapp0mus1c (5 - 2) Wincho 66.gif

Two managers with big aspirations for the season locked horns in tonight's matches. Bordeaux hosted Fiorentina in match 1 and both teams started brightly, Fiorentina clearly attack minded. The first half created little of any note, midfield battles dominating proceeding's. That is, however, until Yoann Goufrann salvaged a ball wide right, whipping a lovely ball into the box for Jussie (45 mins) to cleverly volley Bordeaux in front. 1-0 at half time. Fiorentina put D'Agostino on in the second half but this change appeared to unsettle the away side, when the ever industrious Goufrann whipped in another ball from the right to the far post. Jussie (54 mins) was again on hand to fire a header just inside the left post. 2-0. Bordeaux struck again soon after, Goufrann (who else?!) expertly found Wendel (58 mins) charging into the box to clumsily head home into the far left. 3-0. The game really took off from here with end to end action and some clumsy finishing from the Fiorentina front line. D'Agostino (83 mins) latched on to a clever through ball, with the Bordeaux defense sleeping, and finished nicely under Carasso. 3-1. The home team really wobbled at this point and soon paid for it when Gilardino (88 mins) went through one on one, finding the bottom left under the keeper. 3-2. Bordeaux rallied after this with the big centre half - Ciani) (90th +2 mins) - found space from a Jussie corner before heading home to seal the match. 4-2. Bordeaux somehow found time to find another in what must have been 6 minutes of added time. Plasil (90th +4 mins) sending yet another header past the despairing Fiorentina keeper. 5-2.

Girondins de Bordeaux - Fiorentina
10 Shots 8
8 On target 4
60% Possession 40%
8 Tackles 11
2 Fouls 0
0 Yellow cards 0
0 Red cards 0
0 Injuries 0
1 Offsides 2
3 Corners 1
80% Shot accuracy 50%
80% Pass accuracy 75%

66.gifWincho (1 - 0) zapp0mus1c 25.gif

Bordeaux manager - zappomusic - was left scratching his head after the second match of the night. Fiorentina started the stronger in the match and pretty much dominated the first, Bordeaux struggling to create up front. After they spurned a couple of very good chances Fiorentina took the lead, Jovetic? broke through a lazy looking defense, before squaring to Gilardino (42nd min) to tap in. 1-0. An exciting second half saw Bordeaux really begin to dominate the match, limiting Fiorentina to very few opportunities. Despite countless corners, crosses, headers and shots, Bordeaux couldn't get past the determined Fiorentina rear-guard. The match ended 1-0 and bemused zappomusic commented: "erm...I don't know what happened there?! Fair play to Wincho's team, they have a great team ethic and deserved that win. I'm still happy though, 19 points from 10 games is a great start so lets hope we keep it up!"

Fiorentina - Girondins de Bordeaux
6 Shots 11
3 On target 6
42% Possession 58%
8 Tackles 7
1 Fouls 0
0 Yellow cards 0
0 Red cards 0
0 Injuries 0
3 Offsides 1
1 Corners 5
50% Shot accuracy 54%
74% Pass accuracy 85%

Cheers the games Wincho. Great match that first one, thought you had me at the end! Good luck for the rest of the season!

25.gifzapp0mus1c (5 - 2) Wincho 66.gif

Scorers:

Jussie 45

Jussie 53

Wendel 56

G. D'Agostino 83,

S. Jovetic 88

M. Ciani 90

J. Plasil 90

Team average rating: 5.83

Completely outplayed here. I just couldn't get hold of the ball and when I did passes went in completely the opposite direction from where I was aiming them. Zappo's wing play was superb. I conceded all 5 goals from crosses and headers and there seemed to be nothing I could do about it. At the back end of the game when it was 3-0 I created a couple of guilt edged chances but for some inexplicable reason they were fluffed. I did manage to get a couple back on 83 and 88 to give Zappo a bit of a scare but it would have been scandalous had I snatched something from the game. 2 more crosses and 2 more headers in the final minute put paid to that idea anyway. Fully deserved 3 points for Zappo here

Girondins de Bordeaux - Fiorentina
10 Shots 8
8 On target 4
60% Possession 40%
8 Tackles 11
2 Fouls 0
0 Yellow cards 0
0 Red cards 0
0 Injuries 0
1 Offsides 3
3 Corners 1
80% Shot accuracy 50%
8% Pass accuracy 75%

66.gifWincho (1 - 0) zapp0mus1c 25.gif

Scorers:

A. Gilardino 45

Team average rating: 6.57

I changed my formation and tacics a bit here in an attempt to stop the supply of crosses and it seemed to work to a degree although my entire defence got really high ratings and my GK got MOM which tells the true story of the game. I felt very lucky to have got all 3 points in this one. Very lucky indeed!

Fiorentina - Girondins de Bordeaux
6 Shots 11
3 On target 6
42% Possession 58%
8 Tackles 7
1 Fouls 0
0 Yellow cards 0
0 Red cards 0
0 Injuries 0
3 Offsides 1
1 Corners 5
50% Shot accuracy 54%
74% Pass accuracy 85%

Running stats

Top goal scorers

A. Gilardino - 7

S. Jovetic - 6

G. D'Agostino - 1

J. Vargas - 1

P. Kroldrup - 1

Highest rated - (Team avg:6.54)

A. Gamberini - 7.03

P. Kroldrup - 6.88

R. Montolivo - 6.83

S. Frey - 6.69

L. De Silvestre - 6.66

Well played mate - could not handle you at all in that first game. GL for rest of season

Spread the news, Glorious Kazan are top second!

1501d.jpg

Due to a vodka shortage, video is not available for this weeks matches.

Rubin Kazan 5 - 1 Palermo

Palermo 0 - 6 Rubin Kazan

Wurds iz hard, so none from me other than to say when you are down near the bottom you need the game to be kind to get anything. It wasn't kind to Kazit.

Cheers for the games mate.

I am starting to think I am too nice. I never have the heart to really thrash someone, even when I played Goaty I would get my 2 nil lead then I would sit back and just be happy with what I have.

You were not "too nice" when you beat me 6-2 in the cup (you heartless bastard :D)

I am starting to think I am too nice. I never have the heart to really thrash someone, even when I played Goaty I would get my 2 nil lead then I would sit back and just be happy with what I have.

I don't think you're the only one. When I was 4-0 down after having had two players sent off, I'm pretty sure Kirky took his foot off the gas to spare my blushes a bit.

McSkill left pulling his Herr out...

polls_angry_german_kid_correct_translation_0454_124850_answer_4_xlarge.jpeg

Manager Pants McSkill struggles to understand...

56.gifPants McSkill (0 - 0) zapp0mus1c 25.gif

Strange incidents filled this exciting encounter. Stuttgart started the much stronger team, pressing the Bordeaux defense on several occasions. Ciani and Planus struggled to contain the Stuttgart frontline of Pogrebniak and Cacau, the latter breaking through on at least 3 occasions without finding a finish. The best chance of the half came near the end when Planus decided to ignore a lofted through ball but, luckily for Bordeaux, Cacau didn't get a clean contact. 0-0. The second half was a much more exciting affair with Bordeaux threatening to pinch an undeserved win. The most exciting incident, however, involved the Bordeaux 'keeper, who, inexplicably, decided to head a Stuttgart long ball clear from his own 6 yard line. Why? No-one knows! Luckily Stuttgart couldn't find a way through and the match ended 0-0.

PHO-09Nov01-185296.jpg

Carasso...bold maneuver

25.gifzapp0mus1c (4 - 3) Pants McSkill 56.gif

The second match didn't really promise much after the 0-0 score line of the first! However.......

Stuttgart took an early, and deserved, lead through a Camoranesi header. The Bordeaux defense nowhere to be seen. 1-0. After this Stuttgart collapsed. A lovely piece of Jussie control broke the Stuttgart back line before squaring past Lehmann for Fernando to tap in. 1-1. Jussie got his second soon after, suicidal defending from Stuttgart lead to poor chest control, allowing Jussie to slip through a slot home. 2-1. Plasil took the Stuttgart defense by the surprise again making it 3-1 before Wendel made it 4-1 before half time. Pants' silence after the 4th goal really spoke a thousand words... :facepalm:

stuttgart.png?w=497&h=279

Stuttgart defense - having a...holocaust...

Stuttgart mounted a comeback in second period with Pogrebniak sneaking through and slipping under the keeper. 4-2. The game really opened up at this point with Fernando missing a glorious chance to make it 5-2. Stuttgart continued to push forward, with manager Pants blaming the 'bobbly' Tower Lane pitch for poor finishing! Camoranesi raised the away teams hopes in the 90th minute with a 3rd Stuttgart goal. Camoranesi, however, wasted lots of time with seemingly pointless and definitely unnecessary celebrations! The game ended in controversy when the ref seemingly blew his whistle, the game stopping...but with all players stood around not really knowing what was going on. Both managers agreed with the refs decision and the match ended 4-3.

Running Stats

Wendel 7

Jussie 6

Plasil 4

Fernando 2

Ciani 2

Gouffran 1

Modeste 1

Cheers for the games Pants! Unlucky in the first...good banter though! Good luck for the rest of the season dude!

737.gifTommyMAT (0 - 0) kirky72 625.gif

Team average rating: 6.89

PPPffffttttt!!!! The brazilians start how they finished the previous 4 games with another BORING draw! Team selection for manager TommyMAT has definitely been his down fall this season, Some quite excellent defensive performances, but shame i cant say the same about the attack! there just isnt any strength, and the passing at times can be all over the place.

Internacional - Fenerbahce SK
5 Shots 4
5 On target 2
50% Possession 50%
16 Tackles 14
1 Fouls 2
0 Yellow cards 0
0 Red cards 0
0 Injuries 0
0 Offsides 0
1 Corners 0
00% Shot accuracy 50%
78% Pass accuracy 79%

625.gifkirky72 (2 - 1) TommyMAT 737.gif

Scorers:

Rafael Sóbis

Team average rating: 6.57

Bit more of an exciting game with porto taking the lead half way through the first half, seeming to be on top and the porto keeper making a couple of good saves it looked like the game would enter half time 1-0, BUT Kirty had different idea and pull one back on the stroke of half time. Second half was like the first game scrappy! but still there was chances at both ends. Kirkys men kept there nerve to slot in around about 70 minutes. Porto tried everything but just coudlnt get the ball in the net.

Fenerbahce SK - Internacional
6 Shots 7
5 On target 4
54% Possession 46%
19 Tackles 7
5 Fouls 1
1 Yellow cards 0
0 Red cards 0
0 Injuries 0
1 Offsides 0
0 Corners 1
83% Shot accuracy 57%
77% Pass accuracy 80%

Running stats

Top goal scorers

Rafael Sóbis - 6

G. Sorondo - 2

Andrés D'Alessandro - 1

Ilan - 1

Nei - 1

Highest rated - (Team avg:6.92)

G. Sorondo - 7.77

Bolívar - 7.43

Andrés D'Alessandro - 7.1

Renan - 7.05

Giuliano - 6.94

Well played John all the best for the rest of the season!

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Due to some utter stupidity on my behalf, I've managed to sorta delete the fixtures in the league.

This means that everything played thus far has been lost and will need to be re-entered.

I would do this myself/get admins to do it, but that'd mean the rating information would not be available as unfortunately that is linked to the fixtures table.

Luckily the match reports everyone creates should show the info nicely. Any match stats etc should still be on the site, it's "only" the scoreline and peer ratings that need redoing.

Massive apologies for the work this will cause everyone. It should only take you a few mins each, but will need to be done ASAP to get things back on track.