League Two - Official Dressing Room

tyler

wnpN0.jpg

Kazan 1 - 2 Moscow

Moscow should have been in front in the first half, but failed to finish their chances. In the second half it was pretty much all Kazan, which led to a whole host of spurned chances and a single goal. Then Moscow scored one and the usual collapse occurred, resulting in a nice finish in the final minute for moscow to take the points. Of course, had I been able to select a defender to close down the player as he galloped through the kazan half I may have been able to stop it, but it wasn't to be.

Moscow 3 - 3 Kazan

The kazan defenders in this one liked to run up to players, but then just sorta buzz around. Both of the opening Moscow goals were scored by players with three defenders within a foot of them for several seconds, yet nothing doing.

A jammy unintentional lob of the keeper was probably the pick of the bunch by kazan, though the 90th minute equaliser has it's plus points too.

(Kazan TV is currently off air until a backlog of games have been played - a pesky cup run is taking up video editing time)

These were always gonna be tough games, but I felt I did pretty much all I could and came up short again. I'm sure I'd have been taking home 4 points had Martins finished at least one of his numerous 1 on 1 chances, but when he inexplicably chooses to use his right foot instead of his favoured left, it's always gonna be hard work.

Cheers for the games and good luck for the rest of the season.

ps. To run counter to the 'no comms help me concentrate' brigade.. these matches and the ones against DR had no in-game comms and I've ended up disliking the games and playing badly. I think not being able to let off steam just increases my frustration at the stupid little things that blight FIFA.

Well on the contrary I enjoyed these games very much, full of goals, chances and surprises. I think at half time of the second game we both had 5 shots each, all on target with the game at 3-2.

To perhaps counter your 'counter', I think the 'no comms makes me concentrate' is mainly against constant chatter as your vent of frustration can become ours, ergo makes it harder to concentrate. ;)

Nevermind anyway, cheers for the games and of course, good luck with the rest of the season

ps. To run counter to the 'no comms help me concentrate' brigade.. these matches and the ones against DR had no in-game comms and I've ended up disliking the games and playing badly. I think not being able to let off steam just increases my frustration at the stupid little things that blight FIFA.

Note to self - Stay off comms when playing SaintM ;)

Well on the contrary I enjoyed these games very much, full of goals, chances and surprises. I think at half time of the second game we both had 5 shots each, all on target with the game at 3-2.

To perhaps counter your 'counter', I think the 'no comms makes me concentrate' is mainly against constant chatter as your vent of frustration can become ours, ergo makes it harder to concentrate. ;)

Nevermind anyway, cheers for the games and of course, good luck with the rest of the season

Complaining about the ref is the only pleasure I get from 1v1 these days..

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Due to some utter stupidity on my behalf, I've managed to sorta delete the fixtures in the league.

This means that everything played thus far has been lost and will need to be re-entered.

I would do this myself/get admins to do it, but that'd mean the rating information would not be available as unfortunately that is linked to the fixtures table.

Luckily the match reports everyone creates should show the info nicely. Any match stats etc should still be on the site, it's "only" the scoreline and peer ratings that need redoing.

Massive apologies for the work this will cause everyone. It should only take you a few mins each, but will need to be done ASAP to get things back on track.

Nice one!!

737.gifTommyMAT (2 - 3) zapp0mus1c 25.gif

Porto came out looking for a quick start in the first match. Clean, crisp passing from the home side caused the Bordeaux defense trouble from the get go despite Bordeaux controlling possession. Porto took the lead with their first shot of the match, Ilan (26 mins) breaking through the back line and slotting home past the despairing Carasso. 1-0. Bordeaux got a proper foothold in the match after this and Plasil (31 mins) equalized soon after. Wendel with a scything through ball, fooling the Porto defense no end! 1-1. Bordeaux were really dominant at this point then Porto again scored with their 2nd shot! Ilan (43 mins) again breaking through and slotting home. 2-1 at half time. Bordeaux dominated the second half and equalized for a second time when persistent pressure lead to a free header for Plasil (51 mins) at the far post. 2-2. Game lag set in at this point and there were some nervy moments in the Bordeaux defense when Porto came forward. Only being able to move every 3 seconds was quite the hindrance when trying to defend but luckily nothing came of the Porto attacks! Instead...Bordeaux countered quickly and Jussie (77 mins) found himself clear before scuffing under the on-rushing keeper! 2-3. Bordeaux managed to hold out for a hard fought but well deserved win!

Internacional - Girondins de Bordeaux
6 Shots 10
3 On target 8
41% Possession 59%
9 Tackles 9
1 Fouls 1
0 Yellow cards 0
0 Red cards 0
0 Injuries 1
1 Offsides 1
1 Corners 4
50% Shot accuracy 80%
77% Pass accuracy 82%

25.gifzapp0mus1c (0 - 3) TommyMAT 737.gif

Fifa's intentions were set out early in the second match. Andrezinho (3 mins) took advantage of none-defending from Bordeaux and smashed home! 0-1. Things didn't get better for the home team...shite passing, shite tackling and foul language from manager zapp0mus1c led to Porto doubling their lead. Ilan (27 mins) somehow finding himself onside (because the left back was 5 yards behind the rest of the defense!) to go through 1v1 and calmly slotting home. 0-2. Bordeaux didn't stand a chance, despite enjoying some tidy possession, with every 50-50 and 90-10 (Bordeaux's way) dropping to Porto players! Infact Porto were merely walking through Bordeaux players as if they were ghosts! It also didn't help that Wendel missed an absolute sitter and Jussie was marginally offside after heading in a rebound. 0-2 at half time. This pretty much carried on in the second half and Porto put the game to bed when Sobis (81 mins) went through 1v1 and slotted home! No offence to Tommy, he played very well, but this is probably the most flattering score line you'll ever see!!

Girondins de Bordeaux - Internacional
6 Shots 7
4 On target 5
54% Possession 46%
17 Tackles 10
0 Fouls 3
0 Yellow cards 0
0 Red cards 0
0 Injuries 0
2 Offsides 3
1 Corners 1
66% Shot accuracy 71%
82% Pass accuracy 78%

Running stats

Wendel 7

Jussie 7

Plasil 6

Fernando 2

Ciani 2

Gouffran 1

Modeste 1

Cheers for the games Tommy. My defense really couldn't handle your attackers! Fair play in the second game, I tried until the very end but it just wasn't to be!! Good luck for the rest of the season bud!

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Due to some utter stupidity on my behalf, I've managed to sorta delete the fixtures in the league.

This means that everything played thus far has been lost and will need to be re-entered.

I would do this myself/get admins to do it, but that'd mean the rating information would not be available as unfortunately that is linked to the fixtures table.

Luckily the match reports everyone creates should show the info nicely. Any match stats etc should still be on the site, it's "only" the scoreline and peer ratings that need redoing.

Massive apologies for the work this will cause everyone. It should only take you a few mins each, but will need to be done ASAP to get things back on track.

Billy Brown and Kazit: Please confirm your results.

Charlie, seriously mate whats going on? This is the third time we've arranged to play and the third time you've not made it.

In fairness to you, the first time I got a message and hour and a half in advance apologising that you wouldn't make the fixture. I then had to nag via notes to get a response to set up the 2nd attempt - at this attempt you messaged me on xbl only after I peppered you with invites whilst you were watching a video, saying your gold account had expired (no apology) however you were on BFBC2 later that evening so you sorted that problem fairly quickly.

You then confirmed at 12.30 today that wed play tonight at 8 and then time you've just not shown up. Until 2 minutes ago that is, when you popped online only to show as offline immediately after.

I'm not one to moan mate but it's pretty rude as I've changed plans to play our fixture for 2 nights now since being let down after we'd arranged the first fixture. I also put off playing Kazit tonight because we had our games arranged.

Fenerbahce 0 - 1 Kazan

A tight rainy game, with Kazan throwing away a couple of decent chances before they bumbled one in to take the 3 points.

Kazan 2- 3 Fenerbahce

A game where, from my viewpoint, Kazan pretty much utterly battered Fenerbahce from start to finish. Disappointed with the goals conceded, mainly because the personal forcefield the attacker had made it quite difficult to tackle him. I forget how many one on one's martins missed, but it must have been at least 4. Unreasonably good eh Charlie? <_<

John took his chances when they came up, so I only have myself to blame for not winning (in so far as one can when much of the outcome is down to chance).

I'm very disappointed not to get at least 4 points from these games. I felt I deserved them on balance of play but as is the case in many games up and down the leagues, that's no guide as to what actually happens. Hopefully Martins can start finding the net again soon, lest my promotion bid come to an abrupt halt. I think I'm gonna stop trying to score the goals I see others teams score (ala slot under the keeper) and go back to my preferred blast it in from the edge of the box. It feels more comfortable (and just as effective in recent experience).

Cheers for the games John.

Fenerbahce 0 - 1 Kazan

A tight rainy game, with Kazan throwing away a couple of decent chances before they bumbled one in to take the 3 points.

Kazan 2- 3 Fenerbahce

A game where, from my viewpoint, Kazan pretty much utterly battered Fenerbahce from start to finish. Disappointed with the goals conceded, mainly because the personal forcefield the attacker had made it quite difficult to tackle him. I forget how many one on one's martins missed, but it must have been at least 4. Unreasonably good eh Charlie? <_<

John took his chances when they came up, so I only have myself to blame for not winning (in so far as one can when much of the outcome is down to chance).

I'm very disappointed not to get at least 4 points from these games. I felt I deserved them on balance of play but as is the case in many games up and down the leagues, that's no guide as to what actually happens. Hopefully Martins can start finding the net again soon, lest my promotion bid come to an abrupt halt. I think I'm gonna stop trying to score the goals I see others teams score (ala slot under the keeper) and go back to my preferred blast it in from the edge of the box. It feels more comfortable (and just as effective in recent experience).

Cheers for the games John.

#

Cheers SaintM for the games.

I was hoping for 4 points as well.

I always set my stall out to be tight in the first game and get to know the other player and hopefully grab a goal and a win or if not at worse get a draw, thought I would keep it tight and it backed fired with a slightly fortious goal late on and I couldnt get a clear cut chance to pull it back.

I thought I started much stronger in the second game and after going 3 1 up I thought I would just sit back and try and keep the ball and set up a bit more defensively as ofte happens this instead just invited more pressure on and you did have loads of chances after that, I had good chance of oing 4 1 I think when Alex hit the cross bar from around 30 yards. Martins did cause loads of pressure chasing down lofter through balls etc, my defence is pretty slow and not the best in the air. I was sweating it out a bit late on and happy to hang on for 3 points. could of been better could have been worse, most probably deserved 2 drawss and 2 points each.

John

Schalke 04 (Billy Brown) 1 - 3 Rubin Kazan (SaintM)

Although we've just played, my overriding memory of this game was the OG that BB scored to give the Russians a two goal advantage. Martins continued to fluff his lines.

Rubin Kazan (SaintM) 1 - 1 Schalke 04 (Billy Brown)

A tight game with both goals coming in the first half. Mine, a free-kick from Eduardo that beat the man on the line (though the game gave it as an OG). Schalkes a loverly Huntelaar shot over the onrushing keeper.

Martins continued to get into good positions and screw up. He had 6 shots, with only 1 on target. Terrible.

Cheers for the games Tom. I've got to be happy with a point from that second game, given my issues with scoring at the moment.

Martins responds to manager's criticism with hat-tricks

1PRiH.jpg

Blackpool (ODB) 0 - 6 Rubin Kazan (SaintM)

With my disappointment still ringing in his ears, Obafemi was a changed man. Four goals and an assist to his name shows how important it is that this guy is playing well. Blackpool were always going to struggle, given the gulf in class on the pitch, but they never stopped trying to play football, which is a credit to them.

Rubin Kazan (SaintM) 4 - 1 Blackpool (ODB)

Much closer, this one. Martins still managed to bag a hat-trick though (and miss a penalty).

Cheers for the games mate.

I've done what I can so far, which puts me out on top of the table though I've played a fair amount more games than the chasing pack. Next week against Wincho will prove decisive I feel!

Wed and Thurs will see me catch up on games played with games against Charlie on Wed at 8pm, Kazit Wed at 9pm and then xyz on Thurs at 8pm

I could find myself top of the pile by the end of these or sadly trying to cling on to a playoff spot. I strongly suspect it'll be the latter! :(

Cassano red card undoes Sampdoria

76.gifCharliemouse (1 - 3) Wincho 66.gif

Scorers:

A. Cassano 3

J. Vargas 32

J. Vargas 56

A. Gilardino 68

Cassano s/o 23

Team average rating: 6.89

Sampdoria's talismanic striker turned from hero to villain within the space of 20 minutes in the home clash against Fiorentina. He started off by bagging a great headed goal after just 3 minutes of the game when the Fiorentina defence let a cross bounce in the 6 yard area. On 23 minutes however, the ball having spent the entire 23 minutes in the Fiorentina half he chased down a ball that the full back was always favourite to win and slid to block the pass down the line. The full back however turned inside to play it back to the goalkeeper and as a result the unlucky Cassano slid straight through the back of him. The ref didn't hesitate in pulling out the red card when a yellow probably would have done. He was perhaps influenced by foul he let go in the build up to the red card and subsequently went back and also threw a yellow card at Sampdoria's Ziegler after showing red to Cassano.

It proved a turning point in the game and Fiorentina and they found themselves on level terms after Vargas wriggled clear and finished with their first attempt at goal on 32 minutes.

The game was then pretty even, despite Sampdoria being a man down and it was left to Vargas to put them in the lead with a similar goal to his first after the manage made a decision to switch him to striker from his normal centre forward position.

Vargas went on to unselfishly lay on the third for Gilardino after being put clean through by Gilly he squared the ball back to him for a simple tap in.

Charlie can consider himself seriously unlucky to lose this. He really should have had 3 points here

Sampdoria - Fiorentina
7 Shots 5
4 On target 4
55% Possession 45%
8 Tackles 25
2 Fouls 0
1 Yellow cards 0
1 Red cards 0
0 Injuries 0
1 Offsides 0
1 Corners 0
57% Shot accuracy 80%
81% Pass accuracy 74%

Gilardino the difference...

66.gifWincho (4 - 1) Charliemouse 76.gif

Scorers:

A. Gilardino 10

S. Jovetic 25

A. Cassano 66

A. Gilardino 84

J. Vargas 88

Team average rating: 7.34

Fiorentina's main man was the difference between the sides here scoring twice and laying on the two other goals.

Fiorentina were quickest out the block this time with Gilly slotting home his first with a cool finish when put through by Vargas. The finisher turned provider for Fiorentina's second, crossing superbly for Jovetic to plant a header in off the post.

Charlie rallied and converted his second half pressure to a well deserved goal though Cassano who finished at the second attempt when he dribbled through on 66 minutes. I was then under the cosh big time before Gilly popped up on 84 minutes with another ice cool finish when put clear by Jovetic after Charlie was pushing for an equaliser. It was completely against the run of play if I'm honest.

There was just enough time for me to rub salt into the wounds and grab another. Gilly crossing for Vargas to jump highest to win a header he had no right to win and bullet it into the top corner for a somewhat flattering scoreline

Fiorentina - Sampdoria
8 Shots 11
6 On target 8
51% Possession 49%
18 Tackles 13
1 Fouls 1
0 Yellow cards 0
0 Red cards 0
0 Injuries 1
3 Offsides 0
0 Corners 1
75% Shot accuracy 72%
78% Pass accuracy 77%

Running stats

Top goal scorers

A. Gilardino - 10

S. Jovetic - 7

J. Vargas - 4

G. D'Agostino - 1

P. Kroldrup - 1

Highest rated - (Team avg:6.63)

A. Gamberini - 7.27

P. Kroldrup - 7.15

R. Montolivo - 6.82

S. Frey - 6.69

L. De Silvestre - 6.67

Very close games in which I was under pressure for huge periods and limited to hitting Charlie on the break.

You were very unlucky to come away from those with nothing Charlie - 3 points a piece would have been a fairer refelction of the games.

66.gifWincho (2 - 1) Kazit 73.gif

Scorers:

S. Jovetic 2

A. Gamberini 18

J. Pastore 85

Team average rating: 6.9

A game of two halves. I seemed to dominate the first and take a 2 goal lead. Both goals (annoyingly for Kazit no doubt) came from headers.

Kazit then dominated the second half and deservedly got one back on 85 minutes to make for a nail biting last 5.

I hung on for the three points though

Fiorentina - Palermo
9 Shots 7
5 On target 2
45% Possession 55%
12 Tackles 5
4 Fouls 0
1 Yellow cards 0
0 Red cards 0
0 Injuries 0
0 Offsides 1
2 Corners 2
55% Shot accuracy 25%
73% Pass accuracy 74%

73.gifKazit (3 - 3) Wincho 66.gif

Scorers:

J. Vargas 9

A. Hernandez 44

S. Jovetic 45

A. Hernandez 63

F. Balzaretti 66

A. Gilardino 85

Team average rating: 6.9

Again I was fastest out the blocks with Vargas scoring a scrappy rebound goal on 9 minutes. Kazit got an equaliser just before half time but a fortunate goal for Jovetic (another rebound) meant I took a lead into the break

Kazit's keeper carried on the blinder he'd had in the first half and I couldn't extend my lead despite 3 or 4 really good opportunities. I paid the price on 63 mins when Hernandez juggled the ball on his head like a sea lion and then finished well to level it.

It was then Kazit's turn to take the lead with a tame shot form the edge of the box that somehow nestled itself in the corner. A moment to forget from my keeper who had not put a foot wrong all season until this point

I kept knocking for an equaliser but Kaxit's keeper was immense. I was leaving gaps at the back in search of a goal but my keeper pulled off a couple of saves of his own to make up for the weak one he let in earlier

A hopeful early chipped through ball found Gilardino and he showed a surprising turn of pace (not sure where it came from!) to send himself through on goal. This team he finally slotted it away with 5 minutes to go.

Both teams had a golden opportunity to snatch it at the death but it was not to be.

Great game

Palermo - Fiorentina
7 Shots 18
6 On target 13
56% Possession 44%
12 Tackles 18
0 Fouls 4
0 Yellow cards 0
0 Red cards 0
1 Injuries 0
0 Offsides 1
1 Corners 3
85% Shot accuracy 72%
81% Pass accuracy 80%

Running stats

Top goal scorers

A. Gilardino - 11

S. Jovetic - 9

J. Vargas - 5

A. Gamberini - 1

G. D'Agostino - 1

Highest rated - (Team avg:6.64)

A. Gamberini - 7.26

P. Kroldrup - 7.15

R. Montolivo - 6.85

S. Frey - 6.69

L. De Silvestre - 6.67

Well played Kazit. Not sure how you are rock bottom after seeing you in our games mate. You don't seem to get a great deal of luck but I can see you doing much better with your remaining games. Good luck for the rest of these season mate.