2012 London Olympics

djbhammer

If this is the calibre of entertainment we can expect at the Rio games opening ceremony, I'm booking my ticket tomorrow!

I dislike using stereotypes, but you just know the Rio opening ceremony is going to be the sexiest opening ceremony ever.

I hope the athletes haven't been caged in for all of this. It's dragged on an hour too long. So many lowlights, Muse, Beady Eye, George Michael (especially that 2nd song), Russell Brand. This is exactly what I worried the opening ceremony would be like, just wheeling out a load of musical 'talent'. If I as a Brit couldn't care less about most of the music, I doubt the audience around the world really care to see Muse, George Michael etc.

The catch-up stuff you can access through http://www.bbc.co.uk...chedule-results - online till next January

Stuff accessed through the iPlayer (e.g. Olympics Tonight highlights shows) - 1 week after broadcast

Thanks - so is that all the events, essentially, available until January?

Sorry, just checked, and yes it is!

I want to catch up on all the sports I missed :) Really quite sad to see it all end

I left Britain & moved abroad just over 2 years ago & in all honesty the incomparable glory of Danny Boyle's opening ceremony (that genuinely brought a tear to my eye & was a celebration of Britishness that struck just the right notes & will never be bettered IMO) & the whole feeling of joy surrounding what has evidently been an unqualified success by the country (in all respects) has left me feeling indescribably homesick these past 2 weeks. It's been a very uneasy feeling in some ways, watching what will probably be the best thing to happen in Britain in my lifetime, yet having been unable to partake in it or to really share in the experience as I wished I could. I've been thinking: have I done the right thing in moving abroad? Should I be feeling this desperately homesick? That's telling me something, surely?

And then I watched the closing ceremony.....

I hope the athletes haven't been caged in for all of this. It's dragged on an hour too long. So many lowlights, Muse, Beady Eye, George Michael (especially that 2nd song), Russell Brand. This is exactly what I worried the opening ceremony would be like, just wheeling out a load of musical 'talent'. If I as a Brit couldn't care less about most of the music, I doubt the audience around the world really care to see Muse, George Michael etc.

Me too, without a pint. You wouldn't do that to a farm animal. I think a lot of them buggered off though, those segments were looking a lot less packed about an hour ago.