2012 London Olympics

djbhammer

LOL is that Sean Bean playing a transvestite? That dried the tears up immediately

What a brilliant Olympics, I'm gutted they're over but so glad I got to go to some of the events and see the fastest man in the world race (not really trying, but still..). This thread has been great as well :)

How did Brazil wrangle a World Cup and an Olympics in a row? Did they send off the application to the wrong place to start off with and only realised when it was too late?

Probably sent some of their gangs over to fuck up fifa and the IOC. It'll be nice to have the games in one of the hottest murder spots in the world.

The only problem with the paralympics, is it being slightly hidden away on channel 4. Was hoping it would be at least covered by the BBC

Pretty much. Only one stream and a commercial broadcaster is inevitably going to lead to only certain sports being aired and very limited highlights on certain days of competition I'm sure.

Still, could be worse. It isn't being broadcast in the US. At all. Whatsoever. No one bought the rights.

On the c4 paralympics twitter yhey say they will have onlinr feeds plus olympics style extra channels on freeview/sky/virgin so all is not lost. Presenting team for c4 includes claire balding, c4 news team, plus some athletes and some young unknowns. They are also covering the paralympic torch relay.