2012 London Olympics

djbhammer

Well, you could say that but they had a hard job. Everyone else with the possible exception of Germany wanted to isolate them and get Cav out of the picture. Controlling a 250 km course with five men is super hard, even with a favourable course.

Fair enough. Like I say, I know nothing about this event.

This was one of the events we were pegged for getting a least a medal on, wasn't it - so to end up with nothing is disappointing, right?

Man, that was a lot better race than I was expecting. Awesome scenes.

They've said a few times that they haven't been given any information, they haven't said why that is though.

The BBC guy clearly didn't know any riders because he doesn't watch cycling. The BBC's coverage of cycling has always been derisory. The Eurosport guys had the same info and managed a lot better.

The BBC guy clearly didn't know any riders because he doesn't watch cycling. The BBC's coverage of cycling has always been derisory. The Eurosport guys had the same info and managed a lot better.

Which guy?! The fella who's been commentating on the TdF for years or the former professional cyclist who now commentates on cycling for a living?

Chris Boardman does presenting/analysis for ITV4 and is very good at it but he doesn't do commentary. ITV4 commentary is by Phill Ligget and Paul Sherwin and is bought in. They do commentary for all English language countries and are super shit at it.

Eurosport used Dave Harmon and Sean Kelly, who do most of there season wide cycling commentary and are pretty good at it.

The main commentating guy on BBC today was none of the above and was woeful.

Just realised the BBC has 24 HD channels solely for covering the Olympics - brilliant. There do seem to be a lot of empty seats - is it a case of people with tickets not bothering going? Or can you rock up and buy a ticket at the door for some of the more unpopular sports?

Just realised the BBC has 24 HD channels solely for covering the Olympics - brilliant. There do seem to be a lot of empty seats - is it a case of people with tickets not bothering going? Or can you rock up and buy a ticket at the door for some of the more unpopular sports?

I think a lot of those empty seats are not for the general public. Everything else is sold out, bar a few things at Excel or a handful of super-expensive tickets, and whatever stray resale tickets come up. All purchases must be done online, venues won't sell them , they just print them off.

Those at the Aquatic Centre were apparently media/press seats that loads didn't go to. Real shame as people would have snapped their hands off for them. Stupid freeloaders.

Wouldn't bet against Federer!

Think I've cursed him!