IGNORED

2012 London Olympics

djbhammer

Good, common sense prevails.

As far as the selection goes, I would've thought that to be inclusive, the BOA and The FA would have to pick a certain number of players from England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, regardless of whether they were good or not (to be fair). I mean, if first-team selection was based on form, the team would be largely English.

Good, common sense prevails.

As far as the selection goes, I would've thought that to be inclusive, the BOA and The FA would have to pick a certain number of players from England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, regardless of whether they were good or not (to be fair). I mean, if first-team selection was based on form, the team would be largely English.

It's a squad of 18 - so purely based on population you've got 15 English players, 1 Welsh player (Bale?), 1 Scottish player and someone of joint Northern Irish/Scottish ancestry.

Are Northern Ireland included?

I am confused. Will we be 'Great Britain' or the 'United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland'?

Yeah I think so, I would imagine someone like Johnny Evans would have a decent chance of getting in the squad.

Well praise the lord!

I got tickets for the Womens Football Gold Medal match and presentation.

Also a couple of Basketball Tix for a semi final match.

total is about 220 quid

- would I need a courtesy call to Barclaycard so they dont block the thing when The Olympics try and take the money?

I think we have got some athletics (heptathlon, decathlon) and a weightlifting final in the second round, together with my brother-in-law. Hard to be sure, with the crappy ticketing system though. Combined with the swimming tickets I got in the original ballot, I'm pretty happy if it all works out.

I got nothing in the first balot.

I logged on to the 2nd chance tickets at the end of Friday and all they claimed was available was football, Greco roman wrestling, volleyball and some ladies boxing.

If that's true then fine. But it those cunts are releasing tickets strategically which I think they are then the whole thing is a a joke. You hold back good tickets in order to sell more of the ones people don't want.

It's the same with gig tickets these days. They don't fill from the front to the back any more. They fill pockets all round which can fuck you up big time. We spent £120 on the most expensive 'best available' tickets for Dolly Parton once 6 months before the show. Our friends spent the same 2 weeks before and they had much better seats. Its mental.

There are going to be more tickets released in December. How many, for what, and how they'll be allocated, I'm not sure.

What a load of absolute bullshit.

Making people buy tickets for football now because they think thats all they will be able to get.

What a load of absolute bullshit.

Making people buy tickets for football now because they think thats all they will be able to get.

'Making'? I didn't realise we had to buy football tickets. I better get online and do my duty.

The ticket system certainly seems to have some flaws but people (not Yiggy) are going well over the top with the outrage and endless moaning in the media. I'm sick of hearing people texting into 5Live and moaning that they didn't get to £3k worth of tickets they applied for for all the best events. Boo-fucking-hoo!

I'm confused, I thought people wanted the Olympics to make money so that we aren't still paying for it in 20 years time. That means tickets need to be sold!

Sometimes they put on events in parks - films in the park, music in the park, or a theatrical production - and charge people entrance. No-one kicks off about that...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone applying for the Paralympic tickets?

Interested in seeing Oscar Pistorius, but on the official website its showing his disability level [T44] is having the 200m event, is this correct? Thought he ran the 100 and 400 as well, would it be in another disability level?

Also going to apply for Wheelchair Rugby

i want to see the men's weightlifting. Lu Xiaojun and Liao Hui will be there, i presume, and it would be inspiring for me to see them in person. i'm assuming tickets will be pretty easy to get as it's a less popular event?

All the Olympic tickets are sold, it's the paralympic tickets that go on sale today.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone applying for the Paralympic tickets?

Interested in seeing Oscar Pistorius, but on the official website its showing his disability level [T44] is having the 200m event, is this correct? Thought he ran the 100 and 400 as well, would it be in another disability level?

Also going to apply for Wheelchair Rugby

Yes, I applied for a fairly random selection of cheap tickets in athletics evening events and a cycling afternoon, and today I find out I have been sucessful, but in true Olympics style it seems credit cards are not being charged until early November and details will follow in mid November.