IGNORED

Intertoto Cup - Season 22

Jamin

(Saint M) Rubin Kazan 1 - 0 Genoa (DeadRussian)

A bit of a nothing game this, wasn't it? We both only managed two shots on target each and it had draw written all over it, but SaintM scored in the 74th minute and held on nicely for the win.

(DeadRussian) Genoa 4 - 0 Rubin Kazan (SaintM)

This game was way more open and SaintM looked good going forward and cutting out the through balls, but some clinical finishing and some fancy footwork (and some good goalkeeping) pushed Genoa to a 4-0 win. Palacio manged this nice little goal too.

Frustrating to play (probably moreso due to the lack of comms than anything else) and certainly not a fair scoreline given the game, but I can't argue with the result.

Hopefully those sorta games are few and far between. It felt like FIFA10 at times.

ps. I don't know how you avoided getting red carded in both games. If I even think about sliding in from behind I'm shown a red..

Sorry about the lack of comms. My mic just gives everyone a lot of static, which is pretty tedious for them to listen to.

I didn't think either of those tackles were reds, they were both me trying to get the ball and I wasn't far off (I can't help lunging in sometimes) and I didn't think the one in the second game was even a yellow. The one in the first game wasn't great, but it was in a nothing position on the pitch.

Well, I guess you were sitting in the Wenger dug out as they were both card-worthy fouls (from behind, nowhere near the ball).

;)

(don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining as such, just in awe of how you got away with them when I get RCs for sneezing)

Well, I guess you were sitting in the Wenger dug out as they were both card-worthy fouls (from behind, nowhere near the ball).

;)

Ya big softie! ;) The ref is gonna strike over this critcism tomorrow.

The first was card worthy and was more, erm, diagonally behind than a direct tackle from behind. The second I actually thought was a fair tackle and I got some of the ball, and that was from the side anyway. Honest! I'd have been shocked if I got a red for either of those.

Charliemouse 2 - 1 Dave

Dave 1 -0 Charliemouse

Two pretty close games and neither were that exciting either. But if Town are looking for a new player next season then Dave is their man. It felt I was playing against John Beck's Cambridge Utd and I was really struggling to cope with the countless long balls to his 2 speedy wingers who would then cross it in to his massive striker. I suppose thats what happens then he have to watch Hull City every week. ;)

But seriously thanks for the games mate and good luck with the rest of the season. I now march forward to the knock out stages where I am expecting a beating from someone.

I was on from 8 until about 5 mins ago and left you a message on Live. Feeling lonely and unloved. :(

Really sorry mate did not get home to around 10 last night and was too tired to go on live and this is the first chance i have had to get on the forum. So when you good again and i will make sure i dont miss it this time?

Really sorry mate did not get home to around 10 last night and was too tired to go on live and this is the first chance i have had to get on the forum. So when you good again and i will make sure i dont miss it this time?

No worries - I didn't cry myself to sleep over it! ;) I would have been on playing CoD all night anyway, even if we hadn't arranged to play. :)

I've got league matches tonight by the looks of it, BAP tomorrow and can't make it on Friday - so the weekend is looking most likely for me now (unless you can play during the day - I have tomorrow and Friday off work). I'd very much like to get the games played, but to be honest the fact that it's effectively a dead rubber for both of us means that it wouldn't be the end of the world if we don't manage to find a time before Sunday.

Let me know if there's a time at the weekend when you can do it, and we'll see if we can sort something out.

Charliemouse 2 - 1 Dave

Dave 1 -0 Charliemouse

Two pretty close games and neither were that exciting either. But if Town are looking for a new player next season then Dave is their man. It felt I was playing against John Beck's Cambridge Utd and I was really struggling to cope with the countless long balls to his 2 speedy wingers who would then cross it in to his massive striker. I suppose thats what happens then he have to watch Hull City every week. ;)

But seriously thanks for the games mate and good luck with the rest of the season. I now march forward to the knock out stages where I am expecting a beating from someone.

Yes you are right about watching Hull city, just a shame we havent got a decent striker to knock the ball home like Lille have.

Good games though Charliemouse. I knew I was out of the tournament already so wanted to leave it with some pride intact and I was reasonably pleased with the performances. The first game was pretty even I thought, but I was gutted to concede the eventual winner so late in the game (84 minutes)from what was abit of a defensive mix up.Very well taken goal on your part though.

The second game I thought I came out of the blocks pretty quickly and applied quite abit of pressure on your backline which resulted in an early goal after 4 minutes .A great shot from Balmount on the edge of the area only parried by your keeper into the path of Hazard who whipped it into the net with great finesse.After that I must admit I was a little disappointed not to have scored more as my attacking momentum continued with quite abit of success on the wings as you rightly say. You still looked dangerous on the break though so I was pleased with the win.

Good luck in the knockout stages and the rest of your season Charliemouse

scratch 0 vs 1 Chooch

Chooch 4 vs 3 scratch

Two good games against scratch last night. In the first half of the first game I was all over scratch, getting loads of balls into the box and getting my chances away but nothing would go in.

In the 2nd half scratch came back into the game and started to assert himself more but luckily I still plugged away and got the winner.

The 2nd game started much the same with me dominating play in the first half but also taking a 1 nil lead.

Then I went 3-0 up fairly early in the second half before scratch started to mount a comeback and got it to 3-2. But it wasn't to be as I scored my forth. scratch got a 3rd very near the end so there wasn't much time for to get me nervous again.

Cheers mate :)

Quite a few oustanding fixtures that need to be played by Sunday at midnight:

Kazit vs SomethingWitty

SomethingWitty vs Kazit

Poppalarge vs GViper

GViper vs Poppalarge

Lee Tiplady vs xyzgames

xyzgames vs Lee Tiplady

Goaty vs Kirky72

Kirky72 vs Goaty

gingerling vs Yiggy

Yiggy vs gingerling

Shoes vs OneDaveBamber

OneDaveBamber vs Shoes

zapp0music vs Legendary

Legendary vs zapp0music

I know a few of those are dead rubbers, but still, just a gentle nudge for the rest at least. Those in 5 team groups still have a lot to play for!

Hats off to Group A who completed their table in no time at all - your final standings are now up.

Cheers. :)

No worries - I didn't cry myself to sleep over it! ;) I would have been on playing CoD all night anyway, even if we hadn't arranged to play. :)

I've got league matches tonight by the looks of it, BAP tomorrow and can't make it on Friday - so the weekend is looking most likely for me now (unless you can play during the day - I have tomorrow and Friday off work). I'd very much like to get the games played, but to be honest the fact that it's effectively a dead rubber for both of us means that it wouldn't be the end of the world if we don't manage to find a time before Sunday.

Let me know if there's a time at the weekend when you can do it, and we'll see if we can sort something out.

I could get on tonight some point for your about?

Oops, totally forgot to post results for my games with Pants!

Sixbuttons 0-1 Pants

Pants 2-2 Sixbuttons

Very good, competitive games. Really enjoyed them. Even though I still fluff it on a regular basis in front of goal.

Cracking games these. Not to mention your awesome comeback from 2-0 down in game two, you really should have won that!

Quite a few oustanding fixtures that need to be played by Sunday at midnight:

Shoes vs OneDaveBamber

OneDaveBamber vs Shoes

Me and Shoes tried to play this Wednesday, but had some horrible lag - I've been away since then until tonight.

Could you play tomorrow at all Shoes? Will tweet you too!