DJ Hero 2

ravnaz

I've played a fair bit of DJH1 over the weekend (my mate was up). Had a very brief try on DJH2 and didn't really know what was happening, despite going through the tutorial and thought the music was rubbish. We were smashed, to be fair.

Been going through the first one on hard, it's surprisingly difficult - I didn't really expect it to get really tough on anything except the hardest difficulty.

This game is absolutely brilliant! Loving Welcome to Jamrock vs Twist Em Out (Dillinja and Skibadee), what's everyone else's favourite mix?

My favourite's probably tied between the FSG Firestarter remix and Warren G - Regulate vs. Nelly - Hot in Herre.

I'm ashamed to admit that Pussycat Dolls - Don't Cha vs. Pitbull - I Know You Want Me has become a bit of a guilty pleasure too... :D

Just noticed that soundtracks seem to be making their way out there at the moment. Haven't grabbed anything yet so I can't comment on the quality, but it'd be great if it means I have some of the better tunes to listen to whilst I'm out. :)

The first one's available with turntable for £35 from Tesco at the moment.

I might pick that up.

What's the solus price for this one, £40? May get the original then wait for the drop!

Props to Jonster for the Streak battles tonight. It's such an awesome mode because you're always praying that the other guy fucks up before he matches your banked streak. Sadly he was in another league and I was all :o as he made short work of all my banks. Particularly gutted about that last 62-59 loss on the Galang mix. :doh:

Still, GGs and all. :hat:

This may have been answered but is it backwards compatible, can you export DJH1 songs?

Unfortunately it seems not - but you will be able to import DLC.

Played an online match on a whim last night and scraped a win - it's was seriously exhilirating :D

Had some great fun recently with Welcome to Jamrock vs. Twist 'em Out - definitely one of the most mental mixes on the soundtrack and completely awesome to play. I enjoyed throwing it into mix listings when challenging randoms... :D

You know the one thing that impresses me the most about this is the restraint they've shown. Instead of gimmicks you've got real improvements that make it even more enjoyable to play than the first one.

Freestyle, and I guess Activision, should be applauded for that because it's not something you see in most sequels these days.

So this is brilliant. The new things add just that little bit extra to make it more involving, and it's the closest anyone's come to capturing the magic I felt playing Frequency. Just brilliant.

Only problem I've seen so far (on PS3) is very occasionally it has a momentary pause, and throws off your combo. Most of these have been down to PSN notifications (TOP TIP: turn notifications off if you're playing on PS3) but occasionally not.

New DLC went up last night. I spent half an hour trying to decide whether Rhianna vs Marvin Gaye was the best or worst thing I have ever heard. My head says one thing but my heart says the other.

The patch to play previous DLC from DJH1 was being touted as being live but I couldn't find it. I'll have to check later today.

So this is brilliant. The new things add just that little bit extra to make it more involving, and it's the closest anyone's come to capturing the magic I felt playing Frequency. Just brilliant.

:omg:

I'll put this on the post Christmas list methinks. I loved the first, but expected this to be little more than a track pack. Sounds like they've made some pretty good improvements.

So far, the music's a little less enticing, overall (although there's still plenty belters in there,) but the gameplay's had a few minor tweaks that somehow make it so much more interesting to play.

Chiefly: the new holds (you hold one of the buttons down for a period) that also sometimes switch to a scratch, the new freestyle sections that actually let you fade or scratch the track as you see fit, and the new freestyle tap sections that change the YEAHHHH BOYYEEEE button into an actual effect or sample section from the track and play it out to your whim.

It doesn't sound like much, but it really works.

So, I was playing a Salt 'n' Pepa (Push It) / Afrika Bambaataa (Planet Rock) track, and the freestyle button switched through the loop from playing the beeps to Push It and then the synths from Planet Rock, and you can just do it.

If you're familiar with DJ Hero 1, you can quickly sight-read all the new shit and feel awesome/great.

Especially someone like you, Jolly. You'd love it. You and Ulala.

It's a perfect evolution of what went before - I hope they get some of the DJH1 stuff in there - I'd even pay to download a pack if they put enough of the good stuff in - add in the new effects and it'd easily be something most 2 players would consider.

It takes a bit of getting used to, but it's the first game in a long time that gave me the shit eating grin and satisfaction that the first Guitar Hero did. It's incredibly satisfying. As people have mentioned, the first one can be picked up for about £40 so I'd go with that and see if you like it.

Yeah, those sections add so much to the game because you influence the mix so much more.

It's a pity that there isn't a freestyle mode where you have more freestyle scratching, sample and crossfade sections. A bit liike the party mode. It would be nigh on perfect then.

They have changed the feed to say that the DLC patch for DJH1 stuff is 'coming soon' again. I wonder if they have implemented the new freestyle stuff in those mixes? I don't know if its possible but it would be good.

I love rock band, but I must admit I got bored shitless playing this. So much so I returned it. I don't know why, I liked the music, I just felt like I couldn't be bothered learning a whole new rhythm action game. Playing it on hard just felt like a complete chore.

Hard gets really hard eh ? I got up to Shanghai last night and some of the mixes were frigging nuts - it's probably more to do with me not having committed the new techniques enough to do them without thinking (I always mix up the button hold and the button tap sections for some reason) - it's amazing though - the Axel F mix was superb fun :)