Super Meat Boy

The Sarge

Yeah that is pretty mental. I've A+'d the first light world so far which was easy, but it's pretty obvious that there are some levels that just seem to get harder the more you try them. I find the music spurring me on to do stupid things, like run in to the same razor 5 times over. It actually really reminds me a lot of Kid Chameleon, including the characters with differing abilities and so on.

The PC achievements are evil though, there is one for each world for surviving the whole thing without dying. I can see it being done on the first world but I dunno if it is really possible later on. I've only just reached The Hospital and there are a few bits where it catches me out. :(

Oh and is there a bandage on every level? I get the impression there is..:unsure:

(Steam version.)

I've got a message saying that I've unlocked "teh internets" - thought that was a 360 exclusive? Plus I have no Idea how to access it...

Edit: Turns out it's just a mistake, there will be something similar though when the update hits in January apparently.

This game could do with some patching now hopefully, tends to crash a bit (luckily *after* dying also when you alt-tab or close the game.)

I downloaded this and can't get it to work. :(

I've registered on the Steam forums to see if I can find out how to fix it but it's saying I don't have permission to access the page. So frustrating!

So far, only 50% of the games I've bought on Steam actually work. Not a good hit rate. Admittedly, I have only bought two games, but my statistic stands!

Edit: Ooh, I just tried again and now it's updating... Fingers crossed!

Re-edit: Fuck.

Well I've managed to discover a warp level and just played through three single screen affairs using Mighty Jill from Mighty Jill Off (an indie parody of Bomb Jack.)

And now the little latex clad submissive is a playable character.

Which means....I can play the levels Bomb Jack style!

*wub*

(For those curious RPS did a write up of Jill Off here at http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2008/09/17/whip-it-mighty-jill-off/ )

jill1.jpg

Yeah I'm stuck on hell. :( There is a level with these razors that go up and down and you have to stand and time it right, then dodge a vertical razor and repeat the mirror image to get to bandage girl. Argh it's so frustrating. Reading that description back to myself, it sounds like pretty much every level. :blush:

Yeah I'm stuck on hell. :( There is a level with these razors that go up and down and you have to stand and time it right, then dodge a vertical razor and repeat the mirror image to get to bandage girl. Argh it's so frustrating. Reading that description back to myself, it sounds like pretty much every level. :blush:

DOn't feel too sad. I'm stuck in the second worled about a third of the way through.

Yep. I really do suck that much.

I haven't even completed a dark world yet.

And the Jill Off levels made me cry big manly salty tears.