Fantastic Review Site

Flockheart

Positive -- In response to Rob Sweeten's comments on the religious jargon and possible "hidden meanings" of Halo, I can assure you that Halo is in no way attacking Christians. Having played almost all Bungie games before (the creator of Halo), I can assure you that any religious terms and jargon are quite benign. They are there simply to add intrigue and mystery to the games. My Ratings: [2/5]

--Matthew S., age 17

It might just be me, but I find it difficult to take almost all of the comments on that site seriously.

EDIT:

As a committed Christian (and a former player of this game), I see nothing at all constructive in going round a 3D maze overloaded with satanic symbolism shooting people for no good reason. True, we should take a stand against the kingdom of darkness as children of light but the weapons we should use are not those of this world - where does using a shotgun to blast away demons figure in God's plan? I see absolutely no constructive Christian purpose for playing this game, nothing good at all can come from this, it should be avoided at all costs and so too should its sequels which are far worse! (Doom is quite mild compared to some of the recent offerings from ID - Doom II, Quake etc and of course Quake 3 which I would utterly condemn! My Ratings: [1/3]

--Ian Hosier, age 31

*Chuckle*

Aside from all of the atrractiveness of the game, in "Sonic Adventure" there are some elements that Christians would find offensive. During the game, there is an encounter with the spirit of Tikal, an ancient princess, and Chaos is referred to by Dr. Robotnik, as "the God of Destruction". Other than that, I found little offensive material in this game, and would recommend it to anyone.

No, they're not elements that "Christians would find offensive". They're elements that nutjob obsessives would.

Tim ™

Aside from all of the atrractiveness of the game, in "Sonic Adventure" there are some elements that Christians would find offensive. During the game, there is an encounter with the spirit of Tikal, an ancient princess, and Chaos is referred to by Dr. Robotnik, as "the God of Destruction". Other than that, I found little offensive material in this game, and would recommend it to anyone.

No, they're not elements that "Christians would find offensive". They're elements that nutjob obsessives would.

Tim

.::: Wait until you read their comments on The Wind Waker.

.::: Wait until you read their comments on The Wind Waker.

Oooh - is that the one where they condemn the appearance of non-Christian deities, but say that it's good that you get to attack one of them?

Do they have a Xenogears review?

EDIT: They do, but it sadly neglects to mention the scene in which six robots and a 50ft high pink furry cat/rabbit thing are crucified.

Cloney

That's scary how they have Christian Ratings.. with offensive, slightly offensive etc.. so these devout chrisians saying that they are tollerant rather than understanding? ooh, Final Fantasy has different gods in it than the 'true god' so it's really OFFENSIVE. ha ha, buddhism has different gods too, does that mean that they're really offensive too..? :P oh right, I forgot, devout religion is the cause of most wars :P 'accept mahhh lord, mother-non-immaculate-conception-er!! bang bang!' :D

Jesus/Buddah/whoever says some things that are universally cool about getting along with each other, and then all the religions beat the shit out of each other because they don't agree on how he said it :wub: Sort of like forums really.

Also, I can't find anything objectionable about cartoon monkeys rolling around in plastic balls other than the fact that some male monkeys don't have pants and a female monkey has no shirt

Naked Monkeys? Sinful!

Besides, watch Gon-Gon on Monkey Bowling, before you start rolling the ball. He's clearly having a hand-shandy.

Cloney

About Final Fantasy 9:

You said, "A character in the game, Vivi, is a "black mage," using "black magic." Some Christians may think this, as well as other magical themes, make the game occultic. Although magic is a real thing in the world of "FF9", I didn’t think it was used in such a way that the game was evil. For Christians that know that magic is wrong in real life, I don’t think it is a problem to play a game like "FF9"." You are SO mistaken! I have seen Christian kids grow up to have NO zeal to follow the Lord, and instead be interested in only occultic type things. I used to play these games as a kid, at night I had the constant thought in my head I had to give my soul to the Devil, I praise God now for helping me through that, and I never did! Through his grace I eventually got saved, but I cannot play them anymore without getting bothered by bad spirits. Magic is real, the enemy is real, and if you continue to play with his toys, you WILL get burned. Let this be a warning to you! My Ratings: [1/1]
I used to play these games as a kid, at night I had the constant thought in my head I had to give my soul to the Devil, I praise God now for helping me through that, and I never did!

Do you know what, as a kid, I played with care-bears, my little pony and.. tetris, and at night I had the constant thought in my head of... 'yay, colouring in tomorrow!! woo, sweets!' or was it the constant thought of handing my soul to Megatron? :P

I cannot play them anymore without getting bothered by bad spirits.
bad spirits that tell him to Press Start or go rescue the princess? hee hee :P
Magic is real, the enemy is real, and if you continue to play with his toys, you WILL get burned.

It would be great if final fantasy magic was real, and then I could Summon Shiva at pub fights so that the men fighting would be distracted at her skimpy dress while I run away and get a taxi. :wub:

Jesus/Buddah/whoever says some things that are universally cool about getting along with each other, and then all the religions beat the shit out of each other because they don't agree on how he said it  :P  Sort of like forums really.

JeeZuZ fanboy!!111!!

Kr15hnA RoXoR!!!!111111

*ahem*

The fact GT3 got a Christian rating of 4/5 (slightly offesive) kind of blew my mind...

Well I suppose it could be seen a a 'covet simulator' or some sort. :wub:

EDIT

Ooooooooooh!!! It was the music... I forgot about that stuff. Check it:

Negative -- I am surprised at how few people pay attention to the lyrics of the background songs in this game. If they did, they would be more offended. Sony used this game as a platform to promote some of its musical artists and there is one song specifically (I do not know the name) which lyrics states that the singer wants to be "as far from God as an angel can fly." And this is the refrain of the song. We were so troubled by the song that we returned the game and the PlayStation. People should not only pay attention to what children see but also what they hear. My Ratings: [1/3]

--HAP, age 31

Fuck me! HAP's not one to do things by halves then...

• 2 years later...
(Super Mario Strikers)

The game revolves around aggressive soccer playing. As for violence, the game is much worse than normal soccer. Nothing graphic, but kids may take after the examples set by the relentless goalies who pummel their opponents to the concrete ground without a second thought. Also, characters can be slammed into electrical fences. Once again, nothing graphic, but still worth noting.

As for adult themes, I was shocked when I saw Waluigi tell his opponents to 'suck it.' Also, Peach and Daisy wear very skimpy outfits that reveal a good amount of skin.

Peach and Daisy in naked football shokka!

(Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones)

PLEASE NOTE that I have included a quick summary of Warrior Within for those who, like myself, chose not to play it due to its plethora of unpleasant content and its poor engineering.

Nothing is meant to press religious views, though some may find the whole idea of the Sand of Time and related subjects to be offensive. As for the Dark Prince, some have condemned this game as demonic, but I encourage you to look into it a bit more. The Dark Prince is not a good thing. He is the 'bad' side of the Prince, trying to take him over and corrupt him, nearly succeeding at times. Does this not happen within all of us? We all have a 'bad' side that corrupts us. As you progress through the game, you will see how much the Dark Prince is not meant to be praised. The ending is sure to please many Christians who are willing to think deeper about things. I gave the game an 'in-between' score in this area, as it is applicable to Christians, but not meant to be.

This irks me SO much. The ESRB rating states that the game contains nudity, but it DOESN'T.

Bet you were gutted.