IGNORED

2 gnicaR mahtoG tcejorP

Mitchell

That's me looking at you in my rear view, that is. Leaving you for dust. I am good at this. Reason?

For the past 3 nights I've been up until 5am playing the mother, that's why. That's roughly 10 hours sleep in 3 days. That's the sign of a classy game.

7/10 my arse.

That's me looking at you in my rear view, that is. Leaving you for dust. I am good at this. Reason?

If you look at that in a mirror, the letters are all back to front. :wub:

So that's you with dyslexia, my friend.

Good game, but I've been annoyed a bit at it. I will accept no medal lower than a silver.

For the past 3 nights I've been up until 5am playing the mother, that's why. That's roughly 10 hours sleep in 3 days. That's the sign of a classy game.

7/10 my arse.

No thats the sign of a madman who will probably go out and crash his car thinking hes still in the game because he is in a delsuional state due to lack of sleep. Well thats what the papers will say.

That's me looking at you in my rear view, that is.  Leaving you for dust.  I am good at this.  Reason?

If you look at that in a mirror, the letters are all back to front. :wub:

So that's you with dyslexia, my friend.

Good game, but I've been annoyed a bit at it. I will accept no medal lower than a silver.

I've so far refused lower than gold. At the Classic cars level now and it's not looking like I'll be keeping that shit up for much longer.

I fucking love it mind. Without having Live an all...

Don't know how much replay it'd get (bar multiplayer which goes on forever, like a beautiful Mobeus loop) it's going to take a damn site longer to finish than say ICO or Mteal Gear Solid so on the 'value' stakes I'm more than happy...

Why is it that a credit card is the only means of payment useable on Xbox lives, It is a very good offline game but I really wanna try it out on live but I have no way of paying for a subscription.

Looks like I'll have to arrange a credit card for this then (I hate the things)

Mind you, it looks like the single player offline game is easily deep and varied enough to hold me over, am I the only one who really enjoys the cone challenges?

I enjoy the Cone Challenges, I just find them rock hard though.

My claim to fame - Pacific Muscle series, Speed Camera - check out my score / rank if you have Live. I was gonna do it Silver but then thought 'Nah, I'll try Gold' I looked at Platinum and it was only 1mph more so I thought I'll have a go.

Did it first time :wub:

Must. Have. Early. Night. Tonight.

I'm actually really enjoying having to unlock things in the single player, a first for a Live game. People can see you're playing and invite you in to a Live game if they want, so it still feels a little bit social. The challenges are nicely varied. The AI, at least for the medals I'm trying for, isn't as incredibly irritating as in the first game, and seems plausibly human to me.

Now to find some paracetomol for my sleep deprivation headache. I'm a responsible husband and father, not a glassy eyed gaming geek.

Urge to buy overcoming, must resist must resist.

Although my mate bringing his copy over last night didnt do much to help matters.

Its frikkin ace init and the overall presentation is much better than MSR 1.5, sorry PGR.

So talk me out of buying it then? And I dont have live, wont have live, until about 2005 when BT finally get around to updating our exchange. :wub:

I'm a responsible husband and father, not a glassy eyed gaming geek.

Don't fight it. It makes it hurt worse.

I too find the AI really rather good. Maybe it's just cos at gold/platinum they're the same rear-ending, shunting spinning agro motherfuckers as I am.

Also, unlike PGR you really can fight them off if you learn how to handle them. Whenever I've lost control here, I've always felt like it was because I didn't out-drive them rather than they simply cheated.

Man, I wanna go home and play some more...

This is annoying - I have 34 Tokens.

Do I buy cars in the class i'm in now to make the challenges easier on gold & platinum or do I think f**k that and buy the Zonda to go with my Enzo?

Zonda Zonda Zonda!

I've not got it yet, I just keep looking at it in the showroom.

It will be mine soon...

This is annoying - I have 34 Tokens.

Do I buy cars in the class i'm in now to make the challenges easier on gold & platinum or do I think f**k that and buy the Zonda to go with my Enzo?

I'd buy the best car in each class first. It makes for a much better Live experience. There's nothing worse than seeing a whole room pick car you haven't got. And even if they're 'special' (unlocked for getting all silvers, for example), the best in that particular class will always give it a bit of a run for it's money.

By the way, has anyone else got blisters on their braking finger?

P.s. If you're not on Live, Yes. Buy the best car in that class as soon as you start that set of class chalenges, makes life so much easier. You'll get the tokens back in no time.

I took a big chunk out of my accelerator finger the other day but it hasnt slowed me down! Mainly because I sucked to begin with. I have only managed 1 platinum medal so far(I'm up to the roadsters).

Only 2 more than MK:DD????? MK should have got 2 if PGR2 is only worth 7.

The Ford GT40(the new one) is that coolest thing EVER!

Fail to win a medal/score enough kudos/chain the cone challenge.

Launch the controller across the room and turn the Xbox off before it hits the ground. Stomp around the house complaining about how unfair the game is.

Go back and have another go.

:rolleyes: I love PGR2 <_<

And then there's Live...

Guest shinythings

I finally got this yesterday from Play.com and it's really rather good. The handling dynamic seems to have really improved since PGR.

Zooming around in a Z4, tapping the brake and sliding gracefully to within inches of the opposing barrier is what racing games should be all about.

Now I guess I need to go out and buy Live.

Just opened sports coupes. After the classic cars series (which was goddam gorgeous) and I have to ask - what the fuck is this collection of random shit?

'sports coupe' would appear to be another term for 'car'

Still, onward and upwards :D

Is that the series with the Morgan? What a motor :D

I'm currently going through the US Muscle series and still loving it, the Washington tracks are superb.

I've given up on the noble idea of getting all silvers before progressing now though, I just want to open it up asap, and go back through it after.

Is that the series with the Morgan? What a motor :D

I'm currently going through the US Muscle series and still loving it, the Washington tracks are superb.

I've given up on the noble idea of getting all silvers before progressing now though, I just want to open it up asap, and go back through it after.

Yeah, the morgan kinda saved it! I don't care what tuning it is, THAT, is an Audi estate...

Hot DAMN!!, I forgot Washington was even in it till then. That's next up. I'm still All Gold™ so far B)

I finally got this yesterday from Play.com and it's really rather good. The handling dynamic seems to have really improved since PGR.

Zooming around in a Z4, tapping the brake and sliding gracefully to within inches of the opposing barrier is what racing games should be all about.

Now I guess I need to go out and buy Live.

The speed too is sooooooo much faster than PGR. We just sorted getting it for one of our work Xbox pods to compare. Looking at them side by side you can really tell the difference.

1890 in the world now!

A few points from the worlds biggest PGR fanboy. ignore at will.

1. 7/10 is a travesty

2. The single player mode is exceptional. All the races and challenges are compelling and gratifying. Its the first game of this type ever where Idont feel like i'm just playing through it to unlock stuff for multiplayer. Even if everything was unlocked i'd still play through the single player.

3. the A.I. is exceptional. In fact, like Hitman 2, it's so good that it makes you think it's dumb! BVeing rammed on a corner sometimes feels like the other cars dont know you are there, but believe me they do. I spent about 6 hours experimenting with the AI last week. Stopping horizontally across the track (the car behind slammed on the brakes and spun out), taking wide racing lines (the AI altered his racing line to block me) etc. The only criticism is that it gets VERY aggressive in the last 2 chapters.

4. American muscle is the suckiest chapter ever. the Chicago courses are so dry.

5. In car view is the ONLY way to play this game. Except for the cone challenges, where you may need help judging the sides of your motor.

6. PGR2 in proggressive scan with DD 5.1 is a thing of sex.

7. I've got 8 more golds to get in the last chapter before that Mercedes is mine.